Post: Best Gaming PC for $1000 possible [UPDATED February 2013]
12-01-2012, 08:44 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is the best Tower Only Gaming PC you can get sure if you spend a little more you can get better. This WILL MAX OUT EVERYTHING. THIS WILL MELT YOUR FACE OFF WITH A PURE GAMING PC PERFORMANCE AT A PREMIUM PRICE. this is to compete with other premium computer. its cheaper than a iMac, its cheaper than buying a high end Dell XPS, or HP Pavilion desktop to do GFX etc and those can't max out every game on the market today

You must login or register to view this content. this is a step up from before now it is overclockable fast 4Ghz and includes a 90GB SSD to use a boot drive to load all your stuff except games and some movies super fast.
Last edited by Toke ; 01-26-2013 at 06:11 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

Crunk, xTrueFear
12-09-2012, 01:36 AM #11
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
Notice how this is a GAMING computer. CUDA cores have a minimal affect on the performance on gaming. If this computer was being primarily used as a rendering machine, then I'd say yeah the CUDA cores will help, but if it was for that, you would want a Quadro instead. The CUDA cores only primarily affect things like encoding videos and hardware acceleration for stuff like video decoding. I would agree with FlyingIrishMan on his recommendation because that would be the best to maximize his performance for gaming (that being said with a 670 you're already getting pretty much all your games on Ultra settings.)
so your saying since gpus are able to handel double floating points way better then a cpu say as the i7-3770 that having more doesnt mean more texture fill rate and higher performance out of your application even if it does contain a lot of double float values such as say some 3d models or a texture file ? im lost in your point as there is none. buying a 680 over a 670 with current price is a no brainer and the quadro is specifically made to act like a central processing unit not a graphics card because it can handle data better and faster then the average cpu and by no means does it mean it handles all data this well thats like saying buy a 7950 over a 7970 cause their processor type doesnt matter you will not gain a performance boost from it having more processor cores. and a lot of new games and applications are being made to handle cuda cores the way they were intended to be used so ya your reply is invalid
12-09-2012, 01:48 AM #12
Meatwad
Meatman
Originally posted by Karma
so your saying since gpus are able to handel double floating points way better then a cpu say as the i7-3770 that having more doesnt mean more texture fill rate and higher performance out of your application even if it does contain a lot of double float values such as say some 3d models or a texture file ? im lost in your point as there is none. buying a 680 over a 670 with current price is a no brainer and the quadro is specifically made to act like a central processing unit not a graphics card because it can handle data better and faster then the average cpu and by no means does it mean it handles all data this well thats like saying buy a 7950 over a 7970 cause their processor type doesnt matter you will not gain a performance boost from it having more processor cores. and a lot of new games and applications are being made to handle cuda cores the way they were intended to be used so ya your reply is invalid

You clearly didn't read and comprehend my message fully... You do not need a 680 based on his specs because he is already getting the best performance he can get (I'm assuming he isn't buying a 120 hz 1440p or 1600p monitor for one thing.) And my point on the quadro was referring to the use of a GPU (it is a GPU by the way) for use in a workstation because CUDA ONLY REALLY AFFECTS what I listed before. I say get a 3570k because you will be able to overclock it no problem and get more bang for your buck. And no, no new games are utilziing cuda the way you think they are. Give it 5-10 years before it can properly utilize. That's just like saying "get an i7 for hyperthreading for a gaming computer" when we both know games don't utilize it and won't for a while. So cuda is the last thing you want to buy in for a gaming computer. Get a 3570k, with a good mobo, and a hyper 212+ or w/e and overclock and be done with it.
12-27-2012, 09:29 PM #13
xTrueFear
Serching Editor!
Originally posted by ToKiiNz View Post
This is the best Tower Only Gaming PC you can get sure if you spend a little more you can get better. This WILL MAX OUT EVERYTHING. THIS WILL MELT YOUR FACE OFF WITH A PURE GAMING PC PERFORMANCE AT A PREMIUM PRICE. this is to compete with other premium computer. its cheaper than a iMac, its cheaper than buying a high end Dell XPS, or HP Pavilion desktop to do GFX etc and those can't max out every game on the market today
You must login or register to view this content.
[url=https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?

What about to change the motherboard to a Sabertooth x79? I've founded one at 269$. of course than i'll have to change the cpu. what do u suggest than? do u think a good MOBO can make the difference?
12-27-2012, 09:35 PM #14
Toke
PC Master Race
you honestly don't need one and to get a good cpu you would be spending 500$ as the 300$ i7 is a joke it gets beat by a 2600k and decimated by a 3770

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

xTrueFear
12-30-2012, 04:36 PM #15
xTrueFear
Serching Editor!
Originally posted by ToKiiNz View Post
This is the best Tower Only Gaming PC you can get sure if you spend a little more you can get better. This WILL MAX OUT EVERYTHING. THIS WILL MELT YOUR FACE OFF WITH A PURE GAMING PC PERFORMANCE AT A PREMIUM PRICE. this is to compete with other premium computer. its cheaper than a iMac, its cheaper than buying a high end Dell XPS, or HP Pavilion desktop to do GFX etc and those can't max out every game on the market today
[url=https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?

U sad with a bit more i can get better, how? What would u suggest? 3570k? 16gb of ram? Im going also for the ssd
01-06-2013, 09:20 AM #16
Has anyone actually build this computer on youtube or anything. Because i want to know if its worth a $1000 to build. Can this run games like diablo 3 on high settings and games like grand theft auto.
01-19-2013, 08:49 PM #17
exactly the budget i was planning on spending on my new gaming rig. <3 you.
01-19-2013, 10:18 PM #18
Toke
PC Master Race
theres much better for the price now this is a old thread.
01-25-2013, 09:48 PM #19
xTrueFear
Serching Editor!
Originally posted by Toke View Post
theres much better for the price now this is a old thread.

Pleaseee Make a new thread of a better build at 1000$!!!! :Q_____

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo