03-06-2013, 09:20 AM #1
Infumed
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys! Hopefully you guys can help me out. My wife just ordered a gaming computer and I think it is to late to upgrade the CPU because its far in the warehouse process, so I may need to buy one and install it myself.

Here are the full specs of the computer

CAS: Xion Predator 970 Gaming Series Mid Tower Case w/ 2 External Removable HDD Bays
CASUPGRADE: None
CSad Awesome LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: AMD FX-8120 3.10 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDSad Awesome None
FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan [+14] (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+9])
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_VC: None
FREEBIE_VC2: None
GLASSES: None
HDSad Awesome 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARSad Awesome None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARSad Awesome AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X [+19])
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARSad Awesome [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, Ultra Durable™3, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [+6]
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
NOISEREDUCE1: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: * 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+71]
RUSH: No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Date 10 Business Days
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUNSad Awesome HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TABLET: None
TEMP: None
TVRC: None
USB: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHSad Awesome None
USBX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+80] (EVGA Superclocked

For those who don't want to look through that this is my current CPU
CPU: AMD FX-8120 3.10 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

So what would be a better upgrade for around $200?
03-06-2013, 10:12 AM #2
You wouldn't get too much of an increase from that current CPU, No way to switch to an Intel CPU for $200. What you have is not that bad of a CPU. If you want the best AMD CPU then this is the best You must login or register to view this content. and it's for $200 + $10 off. I personally wouldn't do it tho tbh but it's your choice.

The following user thanked Pseudo_Soldier for this useful post:

DevilzFinest
03-06-2013, 07:54 PM #3
AlabamaHit
ROLL TIDE!!!
I agree, as far as gaming you will not see much increase if any by upgrading cpu. Like said also, you can not go to Intel for $200 because cpu cost that and you would need a new motherboard.

Now with that said, you can get the 8350 that he linked for you. Just "Do not" instll the CPU you ordered. When you get it, RMA it. Get a refund and order the newer one. This way it only cost you like $50ish?

It might not be worth it though.
03-06-2013, 10:12 PM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Infumed View Post
Hey guys! Hopefully you guys can help me out. My wife just ordered a gaming computer and I think it is to late to upgrade the CPU because its far in the warehouse process, so I may need to buy one and install it myself.

Here are the full specs of the computer

CAS: Xion Predator 970 Gaming Series Mid Tower Case w/ 2 External Removable HDD Bays
CASUPGRADE: None
CSad Awesome LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDSad Awesome None
FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan [+14] (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+9])
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_VC: None
FREEBIE_VC2: None
GLASSES: None
HDSad Awesome 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARSad Awesome None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARSad Awesome AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X [+19])
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARSad Awesome [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, Ultra Durable™3, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [+6]
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
NOISEREDUCE1: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: * 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+71]
RUSH: No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Date 10 Business Days
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUNSad Awesome HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TABLET: None
TEMP: None
TVRC: None
USB: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHSad Awesome None
USBX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+80] (EVGA Superclocked

For those who don't want to look through that this is my current CPU

So what would be a better upgrade for around $200?

a 8320 or 8350 is perfect for your gaming pc ps there just as good as intel in a gaming pc

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Originally posted by AlabamaHit View Post
I agree, as far as gaming you will not see much increase if any by upgrading cpu. Like said also, you can not go to Intel for $200 because cpu cost that and you would need a new motherboard.

Now with that said, you can get the 8350 that he linked for you. Just "Do not" instll the CPU you ordered. When you get it, RMA it. Get a refund and order the newer one. This way it only cost you like $50ish?

It might not be worth it though.

its a 970 chipset board so he will need his old cpu to do the bios update most likely needed
03-06-2013, 10:31 PM #5
Infumed
Bounty hunter
It's already built, my wife just put together the parts and it should be here soon but it was to far in the process to make any changes so she just wants to buy a new CPU and replace the one that will be in the desktop when it arrives. I think she has decided on the 8350.

Also does anyone have any suggestions on a nice 22-23 inch monitor?
03-06-2013, 11:46 PM #6
Toke
PC Master Race
It's already built, my wife just put together the parts and it should be here soon but it was to far in the process to make any changes so she just wants to buy a new CPU and replace the one that will be in the desktop when it arrives. I think she has decided on the 8350.

Also does anyone have any suggestions on a nice 22-23 inch monitor?

if you have a 120hz tv i'd use that because it will show fps better since you got a powerful graphics card

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Infumed
03-06-2013, 11:52 PM #7
Infumed
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Toke View Post
if you have a 120hz tv i'd use that because it will show fps better since you got a powerful graphics card

Yeah I wasn't sure if I should get her a tv or monitor, she said she wanted a monitor but i'll let her know what you said and probably change her mind lol
03-07-2013, 12:18 AM #8
Toke
PC Master Race
Yeah I wasn't sure if I should get her a tv or monitor, she said she wanted a monitor but i'll let her know what you said and probably change her mind lol

get a good asus 1080p monitor should run around 150-160 but they are top quality 1080p montiors but with tvs you get a larger picture so you can multitask better like if you skype video chatting with friends who you are gaming with. or take a risk and get a korean 1440p monitor not many people know of quality but those few who have them and work good speak highly of them
03-07-2013, 02:01 AM #9
Infumed
Bounty hunter
You must login or register to view this content.

This monitor looks good and reviews are great so I think this is a contender for the monitor :y:
03-08-2013, 12:29 AM #10
Toke
PC Master Race
You must login or register to view this content.

This monitor looks good and reviews are great so I think this is a contender for the monitor :y:

i have that one

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo