04-03-2013, 04:25 PM #1
revel
Media Team Wannabe
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I want to buy a gaming pc(desktop)

I know I can build one and get more bang for my buck but I was wondering If I should get a alienware or another computer brand

Can you please tell me the best computer I can get for 1000-1500(without monitor)

I need something can run new games on high setting while I record with fraps
I want the most out of it so do your magic

or you could tell me what I could build with the 1500
04-03-2013, 04:40 PM #2
Get a custom build computer, Alienware is a waste of money.
You can get a better custom build PC for around €600-700 then a Alienware worth 1000.
DONT BUY ALIENWARE.
04-03-2013, 04:45 PM #3
revel
Media Team Wannabe
I said I know this already!
I just can't bother with building a PC even though I might change my mind.
04-03-2013, 05:51 PM #4
Originally posted by revel View Post
I said I know this already!
I just can't bother with building a PC even though I might change my mind.

So I want to buy a gaming pc(desktop)

I know I can build one and get more bang for my buck but I was wondering If I should get a alienware or another computer brand

Can you please tell me the best computer I can get for 1000-1500(without monitor)

I need something can run new games on high setting while I record with fraps
I want the most out of it so do your magic

or you could tell me what I could build with the 1500

Building a PC takes anywhere from a few hours to several depending on how careful and how knowledgeable you are. It shan't take more than a day.

Saying "is X brand good" is missing the point. All they do is build a system (typically a very unbalanced and overly expensive system) and slap their logo on it. The specific components and the price are all that matters.

I'm guessing you're talking in USD currency, so here's a quality $1420 PC that's capable of, once overclocked, maxing out Battlefield 3 incl/ 2x Anti-Aliasing + 16x Anisotropic Filtering (as an example) whilst recording at 30 FPS in Dxtory. If you require 60 FPS recordings, get two of the selected hard drive and set up a RAID 0 array (essentially doubles read/write speed).

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. ($89.25 @ Newegg)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($89.38 @ Amazon)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($378.98 @ Adorama)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. ($297.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: You must login or register to view this content. ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1416.51
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-03 13:49 EDT-0400)

I guarantee this is better than the equivalent pre-built PC. On-top of that the case and power supply can be taken with you in future builds. The power supply is also powerful enough to power two cards in Crossfire if you desire that in the future.

There may be a lot of technical terms in this post that you understandably don't understand - if you've any queries of that or any other nature don't hesitate to quote and reply me or PM me Smile
04-03-2013, 05:58 PM #5
revel
Media Team Wannabe
Originally posted by Clutch
Building a PC takes anywhere from a few hours to several depending on how careful and how knowledgeable you are. It shan't take more than a day.

Saying "is X brand good" is missing the point. All they do is build a system (typically a very unbalanced and overly expensive system) and slap their logo on it. The specific components and the price are all that matters.

I'm guessing you're talking in USD currency, so here's a quality $1420 PC that's capable of, once overclocked, maxing out Battlefield 3 incl/ 2x Anti-Aliasing + 16x Anisotropic Filtering (as an example) whilst recording at 30 FPS in Dxtory. If you require 60 FPS recordings, get two of the selected hard drive and set up a RAID 0 array (essentially doubles read/write speed).

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. ($297.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: You must login or register to view this content. ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1416.51
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-03 13:49 EDT-0400)

I guarantee this is better than the equivalent pre-built PC. On-top of that the case and power supply can be taken with you in future builds. The power supply is also powerful enough to power two cards in Crossfire if you desire that in the future.

There may be a lot of technical terms in this post that you understandably don't understand - if you've any queries of that or any other nature don't hesitate to quote and reply me or PM me Smile

I am actually very knowledge in this field and have built a PC before from 2-3 broken pcs
I do want to build a pc but I am scared I will mess up / buy parts that are not compatible.
Instead of 16gbs of ram should I get 32? wouldn't it make me render videos faster

as the Solid state drive. I don't think I need such a big one. I'l just put the OS on it and probably sony vegas and fraps/dxtory
04-03-2013, 06:11 PM #6
I am actually very knowledge in this field and have built a PC before from 2-3 broken pcs
I do want to build a pc but I am scared I will mess up / buy parts that are not compatible.
Instead of 16gbs of ram should I get 32? wouldn't it make me render videos faster

as the Solid state drive. I don't think I need such a big one. I'l just put the OS on it and probably sony vegas and fraps/dxtory

These parts are all 100% compatible. It's actually quite similar to my system. To be honest, I'd trust my own judgement over that of a place that sells pre-built PCs at this point - the amount of trouble I've had with those is atrocious.

No. 16GB is the most RAM you'll need, and it's mostly just the CPU that affects rendering speed (unless you enable CUDA/OpenCL, in which case it's the video card).

I love my 512GB SSD, but it's up to you. You'll probably need another hard drive if you're going to lower the size of the SSD.

If you're going to be doing a lot of video editing it may be worth upgrading the 3570k to the 3770k as that supports multithreading, something video editing software tends to utilize for better render times. If you choose to do this, it won't affect compatibility at all as it's the same chipset and socket requirement.
04-03-2013, 06:17 PM #7
revel
Media Team Wannabe
These parts are all 100% compatible. It's actually quite similar to my system. To be honest, I'd trust my own judgement over that of a place that sells pre-built PCs at this point - the amount of trouble I've had with those is atrocious.

No. 16GB is the most RAM you'll need, and it's mostly just the CPU that affects rendering speed (unless you enable CUDA/OpenCL, in which case it's the video card).

I love my 512GB SSD, but it's up to you. You'll probably need another hard drive if you're going to lower the size of the SSD.

If you're going to be doing a lot of video editing it may be worth upgrading the 3570k to the 3770k as that supports multithreading, something video editing software tends to utilize for better render times. If you choose to do this, it won't affect compatibility at all as it's the same chipset and socket requirement.

Would 32gb of ram help in the long run?
I'l probably stick witht he 512GB SSD
Yea i'l upgrade to 3770K
Would i-7 better also?
04-03-2013, 06:21 PM #8
Would 32gb of ram help in the long run?
I'l probably stick witht he 512GB SSD
Yea i'l upgrade to 3770K
Would i-7 better also?

The extra memory would never be used. It'll be a few years before it's commonplace to utilise that much RAM and by then DDR4 will be released (due around 2015-ish).

I think i7's only advantage over i5 is multithreading. The 3770k is an i7 though Winky Winky

Revised build:

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($229.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $1456.51
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-03 14:23 EDT-0400)
Last edited by Clutch Hunterr ; 04-03-2013 at 06:24 PM.
04-03-2013, 06:42 PM #9
revel
Media Team Wannabe
The extra memory would never be used. It'll be a few years before it's commonplace to utilise that much RAM and by then DDR4 will be released (due around 2015-ish).

I think i7's only advantage over i5 is multithreading. The 3770k is an i7 though Winky Winky

Revised build:

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($229.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $1456.51
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-03 14:23 EDT-0400)

ok Thanks Happy
04-03-2013, 08:11 PM #10
cyberpowerpc.com My skype - LightAndDarkGaming, I specilize in custom build gaming computers. Nuff said

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo