04-20-2013, 04:20 AM #1
xInfiniteX
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey NGU, I'm going to be building a PC soon and I'm slowly thinking and reconsidering what I should get. As for the big things....

I'm getting the i5-3570K
As well as the GTX 680 still not sure if I should get the 2GB One or the 4GB
pretty much don't need any help with any other stuff except I do need to know, what mobo should I get? I want a mobo that can hold at least 16Gigs of ram and one that is compatible with my graphics card.

Honestly I wasn't really thinking about making a real gaming pc until a couple months ago when I first tried out Planetside 2, I thought the whole scenery and everything was great being able to interact with hundreds of players like that in a world full of 2000 was amazing. The sad part was I had to enjoy the scenary through videos because I'm forced to play on Medium-Low on my current PC and it drives me crazy...

Any advice would help, Thanks.

I also realized that Europe had a sale on Razors...for like $25 EUROPE Why cant I have nice things like that? Dinkleberg...
04-21-2013, 06:34 AM #11
Originally posted by Toke View Post
how many programs are open and running and how heavy is the editting?

In today's instance, the only 'editing' software I had running was Dreamweaver. I hit around 9GB and had the following open: Battlefield 3, Chrome (20-ish tabs), Skype, foobar2000, Rainmeter and tons of other OS enhancement programs. I'd make a list but it'd be long. Regardless, they're all good programs that I want open - there's no junk or bloatware. On my old 4GB computer I remember having to limit the amount of background apps I had open and I'd have to continue doing that if I only had 8GB. Heck, right now I just have the background apps and some Chrome tabs open and I'm sitting at 4.6GB memory usage.

8GB is fine for budget builds, but this isn't a budget build and 16GB is a relatively inexpensive luxury that's in my opinion worth having.
04-21-2013, 07:04 AM #12
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Clutch
In today's instance, the only 'editing' software I had running was Dreamweaver. I hit around 9GB and had the following open: Battlefield 3, Chrome (20-ish tabs), Skype, foobar2000, Rainmeter and tons of other OS enhancement programs. I'd make a list but it'd be long. Regardless, they're all good programs that I want open - there's no junk or bloatware. On my old 4GB computer I remember having to limit the amount of background apps I had open and I'd have to continue doing that if I only had 8GB. Heck, right now I just have the background apps and some Chrome tabs open and I'm sitting at 4.6GB memory usage.

8GB is fine for budget builds, but this isn't a budget build and 16GB is a relatively inexpensive luxury that's in my opinion worth having.

it was inexpensive a month or so ago but rams almost double in price now unless u find it on sale.
04-21-2013, 08:00 AM #13
it was inexpensive a month or so ago but rams almost double in price now unless u find it on sale.

It's still very inexpensive for practically the removal of a potential boundary.
04-21-2013, 09:13 AM #14
Toke
PC Master Race
It's still very inexpensive for practically the removal of a potential boundary.

a good dual channel 1600mhz 16gb kit of ram is up to about $120 now
04-21-2013, 10:10 AM #15
a good dual channel 1600mhz 16gb kit of ram is up to about $120 now

Compare that to the other parts of the computer. That's really not much for a high budget build. So as I said, in my opinion, totally worth it.
04-21-2013, 10:23 AM #16
Toke
PC Master Race
Compare that to the other parts of the computer. That's really not much for a high budget build. So as I said, in my opinion, totally worth it.

not even a high budget build, just $100 and it has a os, u can cut it down by getting a cheaper psu, non watercooler. and its a $850-$900 pc with a i5 and 670, i just had it laying around in pc part picker
04-21-2013, 11:46 AM #17
not even a high budget build, just $100 and it has a os, u can cut it down by getting a cheaper psu, non watercooler. and its a $850-$900 pc with a i5 and 670, i just had it laying around in pc part picker

I meant OP's original build :p (I assumed if he was getting a 3570k and a 680 he wasn't going to skimp on the other components. I hope.)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo