04-20-2013, 04:20 AM #1
xInfiniteX
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey NGU, I'm going to be building a PC soon and I'm slowly thinking and reconsidering what I should get. As for the big things....

I'm getting the i5-3570K
As well as the GTX 680 still not sure if I should get the 2GB One or the 4GB
pretty much don't need any help with any other stuff except I do need to know, what mobo should I get? I want a mobo that can hold at least 16Gigs of ram and one that is compatible with my graphics card.

Honestly I wasn't really thinking about making a real gaming pc until a couple months ago when I first tried out Planetside 2, I thought the whole scenery and everything was great being able to interact with hundreds of players like that in a world full of 2000 was amazing. The sad part was I had to enjoy the scenary through videos because I'm forced to play on Medium-Low on my current PC and it drives me crazy...

Any advice would help, Thanks.

I also realized that Europe had a sale on Razors...for like $25 EUROPE Why cant I have nice things like that? Dinkleberg...
04-20-2013, 05:10 AM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by xInfiniteX View Post
Hey NGU, I'm going to be building a PC soon and I'm slowly thinking and reconsidering what I should get. As for the big things....

I'm getting the i5-3570K
As well as the GTX 680 still not sure if I should get the 2GB One or the 4GB
pretty much don't need any help with any other stuff except I do need to know, what mobo should I get? I want a mobo that can hold at least 16Gigs of ram and one that is compatible with my graphics card.

Honestly I wasn't really thinking about making a real gaming pc until a couple months ago when I first tried out Planetside 2, I thought the whole scenery and everything was great being able to interact with hundreds of players like that in a world full of 2000 was amazing. The sad part was I had to enjoy the scenary through videos because I'm forced to play on Medium-Low on my current PC and it drives me crazy...

Any advice would help, Thanks.

I also realized that Europe had a sale on Razors...for like $25 EUROPE Why cant I have nice things like that? Dinkleberg...

you dont need a 680 just save yourself some money and get the 670 its cheaper and just as good as 680 and if u have 16gb of ram with a i5 ur dumb just get 8 it will be fine You must login or register to view this content. is a decent rig if u need a cheaper one quote me
04-20-2013, 12:05 PM #3
I'm not as familiar as I should be with NVIDIA cards so go with Toke's advice and get a 670 (or a 7950/7970, better value/performance but not licensed to use PhysX which I know Planetside 2 utilises quite nicely). If you go with an NVIDIA card, you'd be best off with more than 2GB VRAM so get 4GB if possible.

Get 8GB memory if you'll only be doing the standard stuff and gaming. Get 16GB if you'll also be doing heavy video/photo editing (think Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Vegas, Avid, et cetera). Whichever you get remember to double up (e.g. 2x4GB or 2x8GB). The processor being an i5 shouldn't have too much bearing on this to my knowledge.

This motherboard has high quality VRM components which the commonly used (including in my own build... oops) ASRock Extreme4 does not. You must login or register to view this content.

If you have a budget and want a whole build that'll be compatible and good value for money feel free to ask Smile
04-20-2013, 12:23 PM #4
go on the site of NVIDIA type on google you get in 1 second the site and be sure to know the email and email them for help so i was doing that and they helped for everything really good support
04-20-2013, 04:02 PM #5
xInfiniteX
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Toke View Post
you dont need a 680 just save yourself some money and get the 670 its cheaper and just as good as 680 and if u have 16gb of ram with a i5 ur dumb just get 8 it will be fine You must login or register to view this content. is a decent rig if u need a cheaper one quote me

So your saying if I wanted anything above a GTX 670 I should just get a i7 processor? When thinking of all the things to add to my build I was considering the future to, I want something that will last me a while. Thanks for the build I probably will end up building that if all else fails.

Also I doubt having 16Gigs makes you dumb lol I've seen many people with i5's and that much ram
Last edited by xInfiniteX ; 04-20-2013 at 04:53 PM.
04-20-2013, 05:15 PM #6
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by xInfiniteX View Post
So your saying if I wanted anything above a GTX 670 I should just get a i7 processor? When thinking of all the things to add to my build I was considering the future to, I want something that will last me a while. Thanks for the build I probably will end up building that if all else fails.

Also I doubt having 16Gigs makes you dumb lol I've seen many people with i5's and that much ram

i5 with 16gb of ram is dumb, if your getting a i5 get 8gb and 8gb is good and will last awhile
04-21-2013, 02:05 AM #7
i5 with 16gb of ram is dumb, if your getting a i5 get 8gb and 8gb is good and will last awhile

Please explain your reasoning.
04-21-2013, 03:10 AM #8
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Clutch
Please explain your reasoning.

because 16gb of ram is generally used with a i7 and it is used for heavy rendering which people use a i7 for a i5 is a gaming cpu
04-21-2013, 04:48 AM #9
because 16gb of ram is generally used with a i7 and it is used for heavy rendering which people use a i7 for a i5 is a gaming cpu

You can exceed 8GB memory without heavy editing/rendering, at which point which CPU you're using is irrelevant. I haven't been doing much editing lately but I've exceeded 8GB a few times.
04-21-2013, 04:52 AM #10
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Clutch
You can exceed 8GB memory without heavy editing/rendering, at which point which CPU you're using is irrelevant. I haven't been doing much editing lately but I've exceeded 8GB a few times.

how many programs are open and running and how heavy is the editting?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo