06-01-2013, 01:54 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok so I haven't bought a new PC in years (and I mean like since 2005-06) and I've never built a PC before but I want to do one now instead of buying a pre-built one. Like I said I've never done it before and need opinions / suggestions on these parts and if you have anything better for the price or performance, let me know. I am on a budget of around $800 so I can't go all out on everything. Anyways, let me know if I messed up or if there's anything better:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
You must login or register to view this content.

Motherboard: AS Rock LGA1155 Z77

CPU: Intel i5 3570k

Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB

HDSad Awesome WD Blue 1TB

Video Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 660 OC 2GB

Power Supply: Cooler Master 500w

Optical Drive: Lite-On IHAS124-04

So anyways the price comes out to ~$815. Any suggestions? Or does this look fine?

And then on another note I was looking at this Dell PC
It's $800 but it looks pretty good. Compared to the build above? Better? Worse?
06-02-2013, 05:02 PM #20
Thanks everyone for the tips. I'm reading everything and keeping everything in consideration. Except the guy who listed that monster build up there. 2 Titans? lol even 1 Titan is way over my entire budget :p
06-02-2013, 05:14 PM #21
Sonoro
I like anteaters
No cooler for that beast processor?
06-02-2013, 07:23 PM #22
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Farmer
You do realize that the mobo he has will fit in a 200r? I have no clue where you're pulling this information from but it appears to be from your ass. Of course no disrespect towards you, but you can look at the form factor and the physical dimensions. And if he goes with the EVGA GeForce GTX660 SuperClocked it would fit perfectly...

my mistake i didn't know the micro atx tower of the 200r could fit a full atx motherboard. i never seen that but still for the money the tempest 410 is a way better case as its much larger better cooling and the front fan replacement is awesome if you ever seen it thank you for pointing out my error, and for cooling since its air he would need to spend $10 on another fan for the front to help keep the overclocked componets cool
06-03-2013, 03:51 AM #23
TheQuagmire
Bounty hunter
Very solid build, For the CPU I would recommend a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO (Plus) model. It's like $35 bucks. Excellent for overclocking the i5 3570k to a good +4ghz.
My main concern is the power supply. I would recommend a 650w to be safe when you overclock etc so you don't under watt the system when the GPU needs a minimum 450W.

-edit,
Stay far away from any Dell product. They are such bastards with their parts you will go insane, and the quality is out the door as well. Do your self a favor and never look at Alienware or Dell systems.
Last edited by TheQuagmire ; 06-03-2013 at 03:53 AM.

The following user thanked TheQuagmire for this useful post:

Stone
06-04-2013, 03:02 PM #24
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Toke View Post
my mistake i didn't know the micro atx tower of the 200r could fit a full atx motherboard. i never seen that but still for the money the tempest 410 is a way better case as its much larger better cooling and the front fan replacement is awesome if you ever seen it thank you for pointing out my error, and for cooling since its air he would need to spend $10 on another fan for the front to help keep the overclocked componets cool

No problem, at least you didn't say that a full tower won't fit a micro atx mobo like someone else I know. You must login or register to view this content.
06-09-2013, 02:52 PM #25
Gandalf
Gandalf the Orange
Closed on Request

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo