08-16-2013, 12:37 AM #1
Abe
[move] Happy [/move]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I found this site that sells gaming PC's. I know its cheaper to build, but I would rather buy a custom built one than a build it myself if the price difference isnt that much. The PC I might get is this You must login or register to view this content. for $480.

The specs are:

Processor: AMD A4-5300 Dual-Core 3.4GHz
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A55M-E33
Memory: 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Storage: 500GB 7200 RPM
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 6670 1GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master 400W
Case: Raidmax Blade Rally Yellow

Any upgrades I might do are:

CPU: AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core 3.6GHZ
Memory: 1x8GB & 1x4GB
Storage: An additional 64GB SSD

Some additional things are:

Ships in 24 hours
Lifetime based US techincal support
3 year warranty parts and labour

So yay or nay? If not, post what I should get. My limit is $450 to $500.
08-17-2013, 07:45 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Abe View Post
I found this site that sells gaming PC's. I know its cheaper to build, but I would rather buy a custom built one than a build it myself if the price difference isnt that much. The PC I might get is this You must login or register to view this content. for $480.

The specs are:

Ships in 24 hours

No no no no its poop

1. Weak and apu and slow ram are a combo for a bad day, the upgrades you suggest would need a new w motherboard. Just build something like this.
You must login or register to view this content.. just replace the gfx card with a 7790 or 650ti boost 1gb

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

08-23-2013, 03:49 AM #3
Claptrap
Do a barrel roll!
I found this site that sells gaming PC's. I know its cheaper to build, but I would rather buy a custom built one than a build it myself if the price difference isnt that much. The PC I might get is this You must login or register to view this content. for $480.

The specs are:

Ships in 24 hours

If you are worried about putting it together, (which you shouldn't be, its like fancy lego) something I can suggest you do is phone around a couple of your local computer parts shops. A lot of them would be more than willing to help you order the parts you need in through them and to put your computer together for only $10-40 depending on where
08-23-2013, 04:25 AM #4
Abe
[move] Happy [/move]
Originally posted by Claptrap View Post
If you are worried about putting it together, (which you shouldn't be, its like fancy lego) something I can suggest you do is phone around a couple of your local computer parts shops. A lot of them would be more than willing to help you order the parts you need in through them and to put your computer together for only $10-40 depending on where

I just would of rather had a pre-built computer. My uncle has his own shop. Save time buying than building.
08-23-2013, 07:37 PM #5
Millz
Worth the Weight
I just would of rather had a pre-built computer. My uncle has his own shop. Save time buying than building.

You are not going to find a good prebuilt PC for the money in the $500 or less price range. They almost all will have extremely weak GPU's and weak CPU's and will not be of good value. You can get a 3220 and a 660 build for $500 while one from Dell would probably come with some AMD 5400 or something along those lines with a weak APU. We are talking literally a PC that's 3x faster in the graphics department (at least) if you build your own.
08-23-2013, 07:38 PM #6
Jeremy
Former Staff

You're literally throwing money out the window by purchasing a prebuilt like that. Please listen to the advice of Toke and other pc enthusiasts such as myself when we tell you, you wont regret building it yourself.
08-23-2013, 07:45 PM #7
Abe
[move] Happy [/move]
Originally posted by Millz View Post
You are not going to find a good prebuilt PC for the money in the $500 or less price range. They almost all will have extremely weak GPU's and weak CPU's and will not be of good value. You can get a 3220 and a 660 build for $500 while one from Dell would probably come with some AMD 5400 or something along those lines with a weak APU. We are talking literally a PC that's 3x faster in the graphics department (at least) if you build your own.

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
You're literally throwing money out the window by purchasing a prebuilt like that. Please listen to the advice of Toke and other pc enthusiasts such as myself when we tell you, you wont regret building it yourself.

Im taking his advice. I saw how much money I saved. Ill try building, see how it works out. Since I am Canadian, the prices go up a lot. I am going to try to build my own PC though
Last edited by Abe ; 08-23-2013 at 07:53 PM.
08-23-2013, 07:59 PM #8
Millz
Worth the Weight
Im taking his advice. I saw how much money I saved. Ill try building, see how it works out. Since I am Canadian, the prices go up a lot. I am going to try to build my own PC though

Hello fellow Canadian! Yeah I know the taxes here are a pain sometimes, but hey, you are still saving money and building a PC really isn't very difficult.

This is a great video if you need help:

Happy building! Happy
08-23-2013, 08:25 PM #9
Abe
[move] Happy [/move]
Originally posted by Millz View Post
Hello fellow Canadian! Yeah I know the taxes here are a pain sometimes, but hey, you are still saving money and building a PC really isn't very difficult.

This is a great video if you need help:

Happy building! Happy

Thanks for the tutorial vid. How's this build? You must login or register to view this content.
08-23-2013, 09:38 PM #10
Abe
[move] Happy [/move]
Originally posted by Toke View Post
No no no no its poop

1. Weak and apu and slow ram are a combo for a bad day, the upgrades you suggest would need a new w motherboard. Just build something like this.
You must login or register to view this content.. just replace the gfx card with a 7790 or 650ti boost 1gb

You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo