11-05-2013, 06:08 PM #1
Harry
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I need some help, I want a College PC... Obviously for college work!

I don't want to anything too powerful, since for my 1.2k budget, I am going to be building 2 PC's. One gaming, one for college.

I wasn't supposed to build a PC until I moved, which was supposed to be before Christmas, but since that isn't happening I'm allowed to build one just after Christmas :wag:.

So, my budget is £300 - £500

I need it to do the basics - Photoshop, C4D, Vegas (not too fussed about render speeds), other basic programs.

I'd also like it to be able to play some PC Games - Like Minecraft. Since this will be my entertainment until I move and actually build my gaming PC.

Thanks all.
11-05-2013, 06:13 PM #2
Jeremy
Former Staff
Originally posted by Harry View Post
I need some help, I want a College PC... Obviously for college work!

I don't want to anything too powerful, since for my 1.2k budget, I am going to be building 2 PC's. One gaming, one for college.

I wasn't supposed to build a PC until I moved, which was supposed to be before Christmas, but since that isn't happening I'm allowed to build one just after Christmas :wag:.

I need it to do the basics - Photoshop, C4D, Vegas (not too fussed about render speeds), other basic programs.

I'd also like it to be able to play some PC Games - Like Minecraft. Since this will be my entertainment until I move and actually build my gaming PC.

Thanks all.

Youre retarded if you build a gaming pc to play Minecraft. Almost any low end custom built pc will meet your needs.
11-05-2013, 06:15 PM #3
Harry
Former Staff
Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
Youre retarded if you build a gaming pc to play Minecraft. Almost any low end custom built pc will meet your needs.

I'm not building a gaming PC for MC :dumb:

I want this to run to MC to keep me entertained until I build my gaming rig :dumb:
11-05-2013, 06:17 PM #4
Jeremy
Former Staff
I'm not building a gaming PC for MC :dumb:

I want this to run to MC to keep me entertained until I build my gaming rig :dumb:

Exactly. Come up with a more strenuous game for us to build your pc around. Saying Minecraft doesnt help us.

Fucking sarcastic idiot.
11-05-2013, 06:20 PM #5
Harry
Former Staff
Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
Exactly. Come up with a more strenuous game for us to build your pc around. Saying Minecraft doesnt help us.

Fucking sarcastic idiot.

I'm not building it to play MC you idiot...

I'm building it for college work :dumb: I just want it to play lower end games like MC as well...

If you're going to be this arsey, don't bother returning to the thread.
11-05-2013, 06:24 PM #6
Jeremy
Former Staff
I'm not building it to play MC you idiot...

I'm building it for college work :dumb: I just want it to play lower end games like MC as well...

If you're going to be this arsey, don't bother returning to the thread.

All im saying is there is no need to post minecraft as part of your thread. Almost anything that runs the programs you want it to run, will easily run Minecraft. When making a pc build request you're supposed to include only the things that would effect the performance of the pc. Otherwise you're just providing irrelevant information.
11-05-2013, 06:25 PM #7
Jeremy
Former Staff

Thanks all.

You also need to follow these guidelines You must login or register to view this content.
11-05-2013, 06:32 PM #8
Harry
Former Staff
What are you planning to do with this computer? Please be as specific as possible.

What is your budget (in your own currency) = £300 - £500

Does this include a copy of Windows = No, but Ubuntu is something I'd happily install

Does this include peripherals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.) = Nope

Are you from the United States or a different country? United Kingdom
11-05-2013, 06:57 PM #9
Toke
PC Master Race

Thanks all.

Try to look for a i5 laptop with like 6gb of ram for 4-500 then spend rest on a PC later.
11-05-2013, 07:08 PM #10
Harry
Former Staff
Originally posted by AntiJebus View Post
Try to look for a i5 laptop with like 6gb of ram for 4-500 then spend rest on a PC later.

I don't want another laptop :fa:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo