12-14-2013, 01:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Computer Use: Programming, Video, Audio, Photo Creation / Editing, and Gaming but nothing intense

Budget: $1,200 in USD

I will run Ubuntu 13.10

No Overclocking will be done on this build...

My Components so far:
Case: NZXT SWITCH 810 White Full Tower Chassis with USB 3.0
Motherboard: MSI Computer Corp. Motherboard ATX Z87-G45 GAMING
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Memory: Intel 530 Series 240GB 2.5-Inch Internal Solid State Drive
Power Supply: Corsair CX Series 600 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply
(I will upgrade my computer by getting a Graphics Card in the future)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte R9 270X GDDR5-2GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC Graphics Card
CD ROM: ASUS Internal 24X SATA Optical Drive DRW-24B3ST/BLK​/G (Black)
MEDIA BAY: NZXT Technologies 5.25-Inch Hue RGB LED Color Changing Controller

(Mouse):Razer Taipan Ambidextrous PC Gaming Mouse
(Keyboard):Razer DeathStalker Expert Gaming Keyboard

Please leave you comments and suggestions! Thank you!
12-17-2013, 12:22 AM #11
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Yea actually it would.

igpu is actually slower then nvidia or amd at rendering and why ? cause the apps that use the gpu offload data from the cpu to the gpu to do the brute force work then send it back.So no igpu isnt faster and if it is that proves its not always the case as with anything theres always a bandwidth issue of some kind somewhere.He's better off going with a 2011 system 6core support quad channel memory he will get way more work done that way not spending $1200 on parts that are meant for general/gaming compute use
12-17-2013, 12:58 AM #12
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by SherryBirkin View Post
igpu is actually slower then nvidia or amd at rendering and why ? cause the apps that use the gpu offload data from the cpu to the gpu to do the brute force work then send it back.So no igpu isnt faster and if it is that proves its not always the case as with anything theres always a bandwidth issue of some kind somewhere.He's better off going with a 2011 system 6core support quad channel memory he will get way more work done that way not spending $1200 on parts that are meant for general/gaming compute use

Well all I can tell you is actually lookup the benchmarks, it does pretty well without spending money on a video card. It certainly doesn't replace a workstation card but it does in fact cut rendering time. This is coming from someone who actually uses it.

Also the iGPU is in fact a gpu. Also I dont think you really understand what I was saying. You can use any intel chip that has on chip GPU. It doesn't have to be the baller high end master race chip. It will do the work just the same. In the end you get what you pay for.

I also think this is part of the reason why you were on my ignore list to begin with.
12-17-2013, 01:17 AM #13
Toke
PC Master Race
Yea actually it would. However the software would also have to support Quicksync. But the same can be said about the software supporting cuda.

I know in sony vegas I was seeing close to half the amount of time in rendering projects over my 580's. The gap may be a little closer on newer cards.

Also considering a 770 is a rebranded 680 it would be fairly good in rendering
, I'd prefer the 770 which he can easily fit into his budget and he has both :p
12-17-2013, 10:27 PM #14
Well all I can tell you is actually lookup the benchmarks, it does pretty well without spending money on a video card. It certainly doesn't replace a workstation card but it does in fact cut rendering time. This is coming from someone who actually uses it.

Also the iGPU is in fact a gpu. Also I dont think you really understand what I was saying. You can use any intel chip that has on chip GPU. It doesn't have to be the baller high end master race chip. It will do the work just the same. In the end you get what you pay for.

I also think this is part of the reason why you were on my ignore list to begin with.

i am going off benchmarks and im going to be honost with you for serious work you dont god damn use a integrated chip im sorry to break the news to you and i guess you dont understand what i meant by brutefoce the data a cpu would take twice as long to go through thats inherently done by how a cpu reads data unlike how a gpu can and point of the story op hasnt replied to this thread so yes one he doesnt use a computer for stated reasons if he did a person would not be posting for help on these forums if he was a anything he stated as someone in his field of work or friend who does this someone who probably got him into would know what kind of hardware to be using igpu is great if your on a budget and that statement there means your doing this as a hobby not a full time job dont come at me telling me i dont understand and no i dont use the apps i dont pretend to nore am i in school atm using them op needs to state what this build is for as he isnt making money doing it if he was again he wouldnt be here asking

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo