04-18-2014, 09:35 PM #1
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well here it is You must login or register to view this content.
so anything else worth adding to it because my budget is 1100- 1200 $
so is everything good or it needs a few touches? Enzo
05-12-2014, 12:17 PM #20
Originally posted by Xcesar1911X View Post
the ram that i have on the original build are 1866 and the ones that you put are 1600 that kinda worries me also i heard that samsung ssd are better quality so there is less chance of breaking? any ways i see what you mean with the 780 but i might just wait for the 800 series....

seriously on the ram unless your running apps that hog memory bandwidth which gaming will not im talking workstation apps stuff that deals with large amounts of data that the cpu needs pushed quickly you wont need more then 1600mhz for gaming , memory is one of the hardest things to buy your looking for something that looks good in your color scheme runs quickly and like i stated bandwidth plays a 1-3% difference in game performance.

The ssd for the price a 256gb ssd around $70 is a steal and real world performance idk if your honestly going to see any improvement with the samsung 840 pro drive sure its said to be faster but this is a synthetic benchmark.

The gpu i really suggest just getting a 780 or waiting for a higher end maxwell card to come out from nvidia you may be waiting for another year if tcm cant get the die shrink to 20nm and at best your really only looking at a more efficient card given how close the 650-ti boost and 750-ti perform on games i cant see you getting a huge performance increase on a 880 tbh 10-15% increase unless your counting the power consumption isnt worth the extra $300 youll be paying for day one premium
05-12-2014, 08:48 PM #21
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Kleio View Post
seriously on the ram unless your running apps that hog memory bandwidth which gaming will not im talking workstation apps stuff that deals with large amounts of data that the cpu needs pushed quickly you wont need more then 1600mhz for gaming , memory is one of the hardest things to buy your looking for something that looks good in your color scheme runs quickly and like i stated bandwidth plays a 1-3% difference in game performance.

The ssd for the price a 256gb ssd around $70 is a steal and real world performance idk if your honestly going to see any improvement with the samsung 840 pro drive sure its said to be faster but this is a synthetic benchmark.

The gpu i really suggest just getting a 780 or waiting for a higher end maxwell card to come out from nvidia you may be waiting for another year if tcm cant get the die shrink to 20nm and at best your really only looking at a more efficient card given how close the 650-ti boost and 750-ti perform on games i cant see you getting a huge performance increase on a 880 tbh 10-15% increase unless your counting the power consumption isnt worth the extra $300 youll be paying for day one premium

I am thinking of uploading videos to youtube, and editing programs take lots of bandwith sony vegas for example... photoshop, and other crucial things, ill replace the ssd and with the extra money ill go with the 780 maybe or just add more ram probably go with buy another gtx 770 ? sli since my motherboard can support up to 4
05-12-2014, 10:57 PM #22
I am thinking of uploading videos to youtube, and editing programs take lots of bandwith sony vegas for example... photoshop, and other crucial things, ill replace the ssd and with the extra money ill go with the 780 maybe or just add more ram probably go with buy another gtx 770 ? sli since my motherboard can support up to 4

780 384bit bus 3gb buffer 770=680 with higher memory clock both use gk104 780 uses gk110 , also 2011 is quad channel so you already have twice the bandwidth of dual channel so go with 16bgs of 1600mhz ram that wont be fussy if your overclocking your cpu the standard is only up to 1600mhz past that isnt not for sure it will work stable or not once you start getting into work in photoshop where you have a few gbs in memory being used i dont see the need for faster ram

The following user thanked Alexis Rhodes for this useful post:

Xcesar1911X
05-13-2014, 09:49 PM #23
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
780 384bit bus 3gb buffer 770=680 with higher memory clock both use gk104 780 uses gk110 , also 2011 is quad channel so you already have twice the bandwidth of dual channel so go with 16bgs of 1600mhz ram that wont be fussy if your overclocking your cpu the standard is only up to 1600mhz past that isnt not for sure it will work stable or not once you start getting into work in photoshop where you have a few gbs in memory being used i dont see the need for faster ram

here You must login or register to view this content.
left the ram in because i dont think changing it is needed since they are same price??? but it is shaping up better now!
05-17-2014, 05:31 PM #24
here You must login or register to view this content.
left the ram in because i dont think changing it is needed since they are same price??? but it is shaping up better now!

You must login or register to view this content. , faster ram better psu
05-17-2014, 10:37 PM #25
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
You must login or register to view this content. , faster ram better psu

Good dude!, btw also one of my buddies help me build another build which is a bit different but has a 780ti and better keyboard and mouse and even headphones for me and also like 200 $ cheaper
now it is between this You must login or register to view this content.
and the one you put up there! which one should i pick now??? also i can change this one to have the faster ram you said and the psu... pls tell me Happy
also i can leave out the keyboard,headphones,and the mouse and go for another 780ti to have SLI but i dont have gaming keyboard or mouse or good headphones lol also thinking for a fan controller but not sure Drack
Last edited by Xcesar1911X ; 05-17-2014 at 10:43 PM.
05-17-2014, 11:05 PM #26
Good dude!, btw also one of my buddies help me build another build which is a bit different but has a 780ti and better keyboard and mouse and even headphones for me and also like 200 $ cheaper
now it is between this You must login or register to view this content.
and the one you put up there! which one should i pick now??? also i can change this one to have the faster ram you said and the psu... pls tell me Happy
is this for gaming ? if your not using this for your job , i really suggest not going with a 6core intel cpu and just going down to a 4core i5/i7 with the newest platform z97 which will support sata express and m.2 ports that being said id hold off on buying a ssd until some more of those come along as they will be capping around 1tb read/ and very close to that on writes compared to 250-450mbs write on most sata 3 ssd's now

and since your saving money not buying a $600 cpu , You must login or register to view this content. you could sli two 780s for almost the same cost of the last build i posted for a price ratio going two way sli with 780s is way better then paying nearly that for one 780-ti
05-17-2014, 11:41 PM #27
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
is this for gaming ? if your not using this for your job , i really suggest not going with a 6core intel cpu and just going down to a 4core i5/i7 with the newest platform z97 which will support sata express and m.2 ports that being said id hold off on buying a ssd until some more of those come along as they will be capping around 1tb read/ and very close to that on writes compared to 250-450mbs write on most sata 3 ssd's now

and since your saving money not buying a $600 cpu , You must login or register to view this content. you could sli two 780s for almost the same cost of the last build i posted for a price ratio going two way sli with 780s is way better then paying nearly that for one 780-ti

i heard that motherboard is not that great for overclocking against other motherboards and i am buying the h100i for overclocking here is the review that i saw from linus...
05-18-2014, 07:18 PM #28
i heard that motherboard is not that great for overclocking against other motherboards and i am buying the h100i for overclocking here is the review that i saw from linus...
haswell overclocks poorly to start with , and dont expect more then 4.4-4.7 off it using a h100i you need a custom loop , that board is great but compared to the one i linked its way overpriced for what 100mhz more on a overclock ? seriously your gonna waste $150 because of that i have a [email protected](none k) normally run it at 4.3 as not everything is stable on 4.6 and im using a asrock z77 extreme 4 you do not need to pay premium to get a good oc on a motherboard were not talking like its a $80 board i linked u. Stop and think what you want to do with this computer and what you need to do with it and does it fit in my budget and can i justify buying the parts for what i need and want on a price to performance ratio of if its worth your money for the two first questions.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo