06-23-2014, 09:27 PM #1
Grumpy
Grumpy is God.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I'm thinking about building a PC, I already have a part list but I'm looking for some of you PC Builders to look over it and change anything you think needs changing or recommend whatever you think would be better. I have a few requirements which I will list below.

- Large Monitor preferably 27" and not two monitors cause I can't fit them on my desk.

- SSD and HDD

- Fast Processor

- Around $1000 with Monitor and Keyboard so about $750 for the tower.

Note: I don't plan on buying this for gaming I just want to use it as a computer, maybe mess around with Photoshop from time to time and maybe play some games but I don't plan on buying it for gaming although I would like it to be good enough to play the new games at high settings if possible for the price range.

Current part list: You must login or register to view this content.

Please quote me when replying.
06-24-2014, 01:39 AM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
So I'm thinking about building a PC, I already have a part list but I'm looking for some of you PC Builders to look over it and change anything you think needs changing or recommend whatever you think would be better. I have a few requirements which I will list below.

- Large Monitor preferably 27" and not two monitors cause I can't fit them on my desk.

- SSD and HDD

- Fast Processor

- Around $1000 with Monitor and Keyboard so about $750 for the tower.

Note: I don't plan on buying this for gaming I just want to use it as a computer, maybe mess around with Photoshop from time to time and maybe play some games but I don't plan on buying it for gaming although I would like it to be good enough to play the new games at high settings if possible for the price range.

Current part list: You must login or register to view this content.

Please quote me when replying.
You must login or register to view this content. I added a faster dual channel ram kit a better motherboard and a better graphics card that if you want to play a game you can run it fairly well also investing another $40 into a gaming mouse and you have a fairly nice setup
06-24-2014, 03:26 AM #3
Grumpy
Grumpy is God.
Originally posted by Toke View Post
You must login or register to view this content. I added a faster dual channel ram kit a better motherboard and a better graphics card that if you want to play a game you can run it fairly well also investing another $40 into a gaming mouse and you have a fairly nice setup

Do you recommend torrenting a OS? Like is there any reason to buy it? Is there a way that I can torrent windows while being able to update it as well or am I basically forced to buy it?
06-24-2014, 05:42 AM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
Do you recommend torrenting a OS? Like is there any reason to buy it? Is there a way that I can torrent windows while being able to update it as well or am I basically forced to buy it?

Buying it isn't bad just make sure u getna full version and not a OEM one
06-24-2014, 06:17 AM #5
Grumpy
Grumpy is God.
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Buying it isn't bad just make sure u getna full version and not a OEM one

Is there any better way to buy it than this?

You must login or register to view this content.

Also like with your PC did you buy OS or not? I mean obviously I would rather not spend $100 if I don't need to but if I need to I guess I am left with no choice. Would you recommend doing it or not also is there any simple way to update a torrented OS or not?

Finally with all the parts I currently have can I over clock it to 4.8 Ghz or would you not recommend it or do I need to change some stuff or what? Finally I'm thinking about upgrading my HDD to this You must login or register to view this content. would you recommend going 3TB internal or going with an external HDD instead? I think I will want more than 1TB so I'd rather spend only $40 more for triple the storage space.

Edit: Also what mouse do you recommend? I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance M65 but I already have a Logitech Marathon M705 which is not near as good as a mouse but a pretty good one for just surfing. Do you think it's worth it to get the Corsair Vengeance M65 or is there another mouse you would recommend.

I also added this You must login or register to view this content. look good? I read PCI is better than USB and that one gets pretty good reviews on newegg.

Also added this You must login or register to view this content. just incase I need bluetooth for anything.

Sorry for all the questions, I just know you know your shit on PCs and I don't.
Last edited by Grumpy ; 06-24-2014 at 08:02 AM.
06-24-2014, 08:08 AM #6
Toke
PC Master Race
Is there any better way to buy it than this?

You must login or register to view this content.

Also like with your PC did you buy OS or not? I mean obviously I would rather not spend $100 if I don't need to but if I need to I guess I am left with no choice. Would you recommend doing it or not also is there any simple way to update a torrented OS or not?

Finally with all the parts I currently have can I over clock it to 4.8 Ghz or would you not recommend it or do I need to change some stuff or what? Finally I'm thinking about upgrading my HDD to this You must login or register to view this content. would you recommend going 3TB internal or going with an external HDD instead? I think I will want more than 1TB so I'd rather spend only $40 more for triple the storage space.

Edit: Also what mouse do you recommend? I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance M65 but I already have a Logitech Marathon M705 which is not near as good as a mouse but a pretty good one for just surfing. Do you think it's worth it to get the Corsair Vengeance M65 or is there another mouse you would recommend.

I also added this You must login or register to view this content. look good? I read PCI is better than USB and that one gets pretty good reviews on newegg.

Also added this You must login or register to view this content. just incase I need bluetooth for anything.

Sorry for all the questions, I just know you know your shit on PCs and I don't.

Your mobo might have Bluetooth and I'd get a 2tb at max from western digital and mouse isnall about how u hold it if u like a apple mouse or the Microsoft ones get a steel series if u like ergonomic get a curved one like a g500s or m65

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo