10-11-2014, 11:27 PM #1
webzy
Work hard get Better
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi I just built a budget friendly 'Gaming PC' that can run the Majority of 2014 and estimates 2015' games at High.

I thought I would post my PC component's here for anyone who is interested in joining pc gaming on a mid range budget.

Game Benchmark's I have run with my PC.

Middle earth: Shadow of Mordor
Resolution 1920 x 1080p ( FPS Average 54 everything on high except texture's )

The Elder Scroll's V Skyrm
Resolution 1920 x 1080p ( FPS Average 52 - 61 everything on Ultra )

Battlefield 4
Resolution 1920 x 1080p ( FPS Average 45 - 59 everything on High )

PC Specification's as follows.

1 . CPU / Proccessor = Pentium G 3258 'K' ( Can overclock up to 4.7 GHz )

2 . Mobo / Motherboard = MSI B85M Gaming edition ( Uses 'OC' Genie 4 ) allows Overclocking

3 . Ram = 8 GB Kinston Hyper X GDDR3 1600 MHz ( Also Overclock-able )

4 GPU / Graphic's Card = Gigabyte Tri-Force OC' R9 270x 2GB GDDR5 Vram ( Comes factory Overclocked )

5 . HDD / Hard drive = Western Digital 1 Tb/ Tera Byte 7,200 RPM

6 . Case = Cooler Master N200 ( Micro ATX case that can fit Graphic's cards up to 13 inches's )

7 . PSU / Power Supply = X-Strike Aero Cool 500 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified

This whole pc set up cost me under 700 $ I will post a link underneath for PC Par Picker hope this helped some of you.

Source for Part's list....................

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by webzy ; 10-11-2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: typo's
10-11-2014, 11:30 PM #2
You hit 50 on high with Pentium G 3258? Wow.
10-11-2014, 11:39 PM #3
webzy
Work hard get Better
Originally posted by StillModding

There is a very common misconception that Pentium processors are bad.

This is the Haswell special anniversary edition, meaning that it is completely unlocked' for overclock-ability.

That is what the 'K' stand's for at the end ot it ( G 3258 K )

Also here is a link where it's competing against the latest i7 processor's keep in mind though that the Pentium is only 60 $ and the i7's are over 300 $.

10-11-2014, 11:43 PM #4
Originally posted by webzy View Post

This is the Haswell special anniversary edition, meaning that it is completely unlocked' for overclock-ability.

Also here is a link where it's competing against the latest i7 processor's keep in mind though that the Pentium is only 60 $ and the i7's are over 300 $.

I know about what It can do, but for non-overclocked that's pretty damn good..
I give it props.
10-11-2014, 11:47 PM #5
webzy
Work hard get Better
I know about what It can do, but for non-overclocked that's pretty damn good..
I give it props.

Oh yes certainly it's a great budget gaming cpu for sure, best bang for your buck out there at the moment.

Of course though the i7's are a noticeably better choice but for someone on a budget this is a great option.

I myself will be upgrading to a i5 4690 K in a month can't wait.
10-11-2014, 11:53 PM #6
Toke
PC Master Race
Hi I just built a budget friendly 'Gaming PC' that can run the Majority of 2014 and estimates 2015' games at High.

I thought I would post my PC component's here for anyone who is interested in joining pc gaming on a mid range budget.

Game Benchmark's I have run with my PC.

Middle earth: Shadow of Mordor
Resolution 1920 x 1080p ( FPS Average 54 everything on high except texture's )

The Elder Scroll's V Skyrm
Resolution 1920 x 1080p ( FPS Average 52 - 61 everything on Ultra )

Battlefield 4
Resolution 1920 x 1080p ( FPS Average 45 - 59 everything on High )

PC Specification's as follows.

1 . CPU / Proccessor = Pentium G 3258 'K' ( Can overclock up to 4.7 GHz )

2 . Mobo / Motherboard = MSI B85M Gaming edition ( Uses 'OC' Genie 4 ) allows Overclocking

3 . Ram = 8 GB Kinston Hyper X GDDR3 1600 MHz ( Also Overclock-able )

4 GPU / Graphic's Card = Gigabyte Tri-Force OC' R9 270x 2GB GDDR5 Vram ( Comes factory Overclocked )

5 . HDD / Hard drive = Western Digital 1 Tb/ Tera Byte 7,200 RPM

6 . Case = Cooler Master N200 ( Micro ATX case that can fit Graphic's cards up to 13 inches's )

7 . PSU / Power Supply = X-Strike Aero Cool 500 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified

This whole pc set up cost me under 700 $ I will post a link underneath for PC Par Picker hope this helped some of you.

Source for Part's list....................

You got a decent PC with future upgradeability you can just add a i5 if pentium is ever too slow, first thing I'd do is add a decent CPU cooler to overclock a little better and not be as loud
10-11-2014, 11:58 PM #7
Default Avatar
Oneup

Its not a misconception, they generally are pretty bad. Not saying that the one you bought is. They are just considered crap most of the time. However for $60 and getting the results you are getting at stock clocks. There's nothing to complain about.

However if you just bought this and were already planning on getting an i5. What was the point in not waiting? You could have put that $60 towards something else.
Last edited by Oneup ; 10-12-2014 at 12:02 AM.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

ResistTheSun
10-12-2014, 11:40 AM #8
webzy
Work hard get Better
Originally posted by Carl
You got a decent PC with future upgradeability you can just add a i5 if pentium is ever too slow, first thing I'd do is add a decent CPU cooler to overclock a little better and not be as loud

Thanks I made sure I could upgrade as I want to have a future proof pc definitely investing in a better cpu cooler though thanks.

Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Its not a misconception, they generally are pretty bad. Not saying that the one you bought is. They are just considered crap most of the time. However for $60 and getting the results you are getting at stock clocks. There's nothing to complain about.

However if you just bought this and were already planning on getting an i5. What was the point in not waiting? You could have put that $60 towards something else.

Well it all depend's on, your motherboard and when it come's to MSI generally they are best for overclocking although
Asus are also good both have great Bios menus that simply overclock for you.

I'm actually gicing the pentium cpu to my brother he is building a budget pc so I thought I could save him some money,
so it's not an entire waste, also I only recently came into some extra cash so I thought upgrading my cpu would be the best choice.

I just created this thread to show new comer's to pc gaming or build that you do not have to spend a fortune to build a decent
gaming pc, thanks though I realize what your saying.
10-12-2014, 02:06 PM #9
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?

Can rival I5s if you over clock it and quite bang for your buck.
Linustechtips did a video about it quite the performance baby for the price. Money saved can go on a better GPU.

Hell you can build a gaming PC using APUs if you wanted and get some good performance.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

webzy
10-12-2014, 03:12 PM #10
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Can rival I5s if you over clock it and quite bang for your buck.
Linustechtips did a video about it quite the performance baby for the price. Money saved can go on a better GPU.

Hell you can build a gaming PC using APUs if you wanted and get some good performance.

Only good apu that has value is the a10 5800k and its $100 for $150-$200 for the newest highest end one a Pentium and a $120 graphics card like a 265 would destroy it performance wise

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo