12-02-2014, 04:06 AM #1
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So this is my first time building a Gaming Pc. How have I done? I was aiming for a PC that is less than 1,500 and just a good gaming pc overall. It says that the CPU Cooler and the case are not compatible, any help? Also do i need to buy additional case fans with my case, if so which ones? Did I buy a correct power supply? If i didn't what should I buy. Thanks for all the help!

You must login or register to view this content.

Also do i need to worry about buying the cables or does each part come with its necessary cables, and do i need to buy seperate wireless network adapters or does the mobo have it? Last but not least, do i need mroe case fans, or am i good?
Last edited by BKG98 ; 12-02-2014 at 04:12 AM.
12-07-2014, 04:37 AM #11
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Silent
I would personally look at going with my list or Rawrs list since they both offer very good gaming performance and when you your spending 1000$ on a gaming PC you can do much better than a GTX 760. If you don't want to overclock then you can possibly make some small changes which will help save you even more money but obviously that's up to you.

List: You must login or register to view this content.

Hows this? Trying to keep it under 800. I already have an HDD, optical drive, operating system, and RAM.
You must login or register to view this content.
12-07-2014, 04:45 AM #12
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
I would personally look at going with my list or Rawrs list since they both offer very good gaming performance and when you your spending 1000$ on a gaming PC you can do much better than a GTX 760. If you don't want to overclock then you can possibly make some small changes which will help save you even more money but obviously that's up to you.

List: You must login or register to view this content.

Can i ask you a question about your pc. You must login or register to view this content.
If i put that same liquid cpu cooler thing in the top, doesnt it decrease air flow since in my case the air needs to exit through the top?
12-07-2014, 10:28 AM #13
Originally posted by BKG98 View Post
Can i ask you a question about your pc. You must login or register to view this content.
If i put that same liquid cpu cooler thing in the top, doesnt it decrease air flow since in my case the air needs to exit through the top?

I guess to a certain extent it will affect the airflow since the air has to go through the radiator instead of nothing (I could be wrong in that it doesn't affect airflow but that's me just thinking logically). What you can do is run in push and pull configuration which is very good if you do have a water cooling in your PC. If you don't know what that is I found a nice diagram.

Diagram: You must login or register to view this content.

Your new build you put together looks good from a quick look, you maybe able to save abit of money with some things it I will have to look at it later : )

The following user thanked Silent Assassin for this useful post:

BKG98
12-07-2014, 06:15 PM #14
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
I guess to a certain extent it will affect the airflow since the air has to go through the radiator instead of nothing (I could be wrong in that it doesn't affect airflow but that's me just thinking logically). What you can do is run in push and pull configuration which is very good if you do have a water cooling in your PC. If you don't know what that is I found a nice diagram.

Diagram: You must login or register to view this content.

Your new build you put together looks good from a quick look, you maybe able to save abit of money with some things it I will have to look at it later : )

Thanks for the help!
12-07-2014, 06:29 PM #15
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
Fuck rebates because I doubt you'll take advantage of it.

- i5-4690K if you're going to overclock, i5-4460 if not.
- ETS-T40-TB performs better Hyper 212 EVO. AIO liquid coolers suck ass; just stick with air coolers. I'd only go with liquid cooling if you get a custom loop. If you decide to go with i5-4460, then you won't need an aftermarket cooler.
- Z97 motherboard for SLI compatibility.
- 8GB RAM, pretty standard.
- 128GB SSD for OS and some software (internet browser, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.)
- 1TB HDD for all other storage needs (music, pictures, games, etc.)
- GTX 970 has one of the best price:performance ratios. GTX 970 is in between GTX 780 and GTX 780 TI. GTX 760 in a $1k~ build is unacceptable.
- Define R5 is a beast case, just came out too.
- XFX PSUs are rebranded Seasonic PSUs. Seasonic is one of the best PSU manufacturers out there. Don't buy some low quality PSU that uses Taiwanese caps.
- Standard optical drive and wifi adapter.

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($208.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($62.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($53.89 @ Directron)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. ($349.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. ($129.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: You must login or register to view this content. ($15.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: You must login or register to view this content. ($9.49 @ Newegg)
Total: $1101.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-04 20:22 EST-0500

Or i5 4460 a nice h81 or b85 and a r9 290 that $1100 pc is now a $900 pc

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

BKG98
12-07-2014, 07:00 PM #16
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Or i5 4460 a nice h81 or b85 and a r9 290 that $1100 pc is now a $900 pc

dass what i said in my post. "i5-4690K if you're going to overclock, i5-4460 if not."

If he decides not to overclock, I would change up the build by a lot.

I keep my distance from AMD GPUs because of the heat they produce, but if OP is okay with having a PC + heater combo, then I'd happily include an AMD GPU.
Last edited by Rawr ; 12-07-2014 at 07:04 PM.

The following user thanked Rawr for this useful post:

BKG98
12-07-2014, 07:55 PM #17
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
If im only gonna be playing LOL, Minecraft and modded minecraft, do i need overclocking. Through my brain im thinking no, but i dont really know when it comes to the technical stuff. Im just aiming for a good pc that when i play these games i dont need to worry about lag.
12-07-2014, 09:47 PM #18
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
dass what i said in my post. "i5-4690K if you're going to overclock, i5-4460 if not."

If he decides not to overclock, I would change up the build by a lot.

I keep my distance from AMD GPUs because of the heat they produce, but if OP is okay with having a PC + heater combo, then I'd happily include an AMD GPU.

Hottest card ever made arguably is a nvidia called the 9800GX2 and reference 290s last alonger then those. The 9800gx2s just straight up died within a week most times
12-08-2014, 02:09 AM #19
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
So i got rid of somethings that gave me more than what i need. This is what i ended up with. You must login or register to view this content.

I tried using the same vendor, and ended up buying two things from newegg and the rest from amazon, total is 749.80.
Still wondering about my PSU and if im paying to much for what i really need. Can anyone list a PSU for my build. Any more money i can save on would be nice Happy
Thanks for anyone that has helped me, you guys are great!

Is this one better than my current EVGA one? You must login or register to view this content.
Im buying it through amazon and i save $5 lol. Its not about the $5, its just making sure that i dont use more power than i need to.

Last question is if i need a cpu cooler or can i use the stick cpu cooler for the games im playing. (LOL, Minecraft and modded minecraft). any is there any cheaper Mobo i can go for?
Last edited by BKG98 ; 12-08-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo