12-02-2014, 04:06 AM #1
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So this is my first time building a Gaming Pc. How have I done? I was aiming for a PC that is less than 1,500 and just a good gaming pc overall. It says that the CPU Cooler and the case are not compatible, any help? Also do i need to buy additional case fans with my case, if so which ones? Did I buy a correct power supply? If i didn't what should I buy. Thanks for all the help!

You must login or register to view this content.

Also do i need to worry about buying the cables or does each part come with its necessary cables, and do i need to buy seperate wireless network adapters or does the mobo have it? Last but not least, do i need mroe case fans, or am i good?
Last edited by BKG98 ; 12-02-2014 at 04:12 AM.
12-02-2014, 05:00 PM #2
I would recommend this build which I put together for you (I'm presuming you going to playing demanding games at 1080p)

List: You must login or register to view this content.

To answer some of your questions, the CPU cooler may not be compatible with your case due to the cooler being too big for the case in terms of width which obviously isn't a simple fix so I would recommend choosing another case to be safe or changing the CPU cooler.

Adding additional fans would be a good idea since it will help improve your temps especially with cases where not many case fans are included. Fans I would recommend are Corsair's AF and SP series fans and NZXT fans.

I didn't see any Power supply in your list so I'm not sure what you asking sorry : (

All the cable you need to build your PC should be included in various boxes with most of them being with your Power supply.

Most motherboards will come with on board wired internet capabilities however this isn't the case with all motherboards when it comes to wireless internet. If wired internet really is a no no then you can get wireless cards which will support it.

Hopefully this answered all your questions
12-03-2014, 12:50 AM #3
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Silent
I would recommend this build which I put together for you (I'm presuming you going to playing demanding games at 1080p)

To answer some of your questions, the CPU cooler may not be compatible with your case due to the cooler being too big for the case in terms of width which obviously isn't a simple fix so I would recommend choosing another case to be safe or changing the CPU cooler.

Adding additional fans would be a good idea since it will help improve your temps especially with cases where not many case fans are included. Fans I would recommend are Corsair's AF and SP series fans and NZXT fans.

I didn't see any Power supply in your list so I'm not sure what you asking sorry : (

All the cable you need to build your PC should be included in various boxes with most of them being with your Power supply.

Most motherboards will come with on board wired internet capabilities however this isn't the case with all motherboards when it comes to wireless internet. If wired internet really is a no no then you can get wireless cards which will support it.

Hopefully this answered all your questions

So for this first build i can put a Corsair CPU liquid cooler but it will be replacing a 200MM fan and a coolmater 212 evo cpu:

OR

I can go with the second build where i would have the cooler master 212 evo cpu cool and a 200MM fan and not the cpu liquid cooler.:

Also for my case can i fit a 120mm fan right next to the battery or should i just not put it there becuase it might cause problems.
also the case's width is 9.57 and sin the mobo is standing vertically then the cpu cooler is horizontally which transforms from the height to the width. and the height is like 6in i think so i hope 6 inches can fit into 9.
Last edited by BKG98 ; 12-03-2014 at 01:20 AM.
12-03-2014, 05:47 PM #4
Originally posted by BKG98 View Post
So for this first build i can put a Corsair CPU liquid cooler but it will be replacing a 200MM fan and a coolmater 212 evo cpu:

OR

I can go with the second build where i would have the cooler master 212 evo cpu cool and a 200MM fan and not the cpu liquid cooler.:

Also for my case can i fit a 120mm fan right next to the battery or should i just not put it there becuase it might cause problems.
also the case's width is 9.57 and sin the mobo is standing vertically then the cpu cooler is horizontally which transforms from the height to the width. and the height is like 6in i think so i hope 6 inches can fit into 9.

Using the first build you will be using the H100i as your CPU cooler so there would be no 212 Evo and you may have to remove a 200mm fan in order to install the H100i because of clearance issues and this comes down to your case so do check if you want you want both the H100i and fans above it

Using the second build everything should be fit ok but do take note of the clearance issues which has been point out on your list and since I haven't used the cooler or case I can't confirm it will for you but I'm sure google would be able to answer it hopefully.

When you say 'next to the battery' I'm presuming you mean a 120mm fan on the side of the hard drive cage which will blow air towards your Power supply. Personally I wouldn't bother with the extra fan since it probably won't make a big difference in your temps but if you really want to you can.
12-03-2014, 07:42 PM #5
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
Using the first build you will be using the H100i as your CPU cooler so there would be no 212 Evo and you may have to remove a 200mm fan in order to install the H100i because of clearance issues and this comes down to your case so do check if you want you want both the H100i and fans above it

Using the second build everything should be fit ok but do take note of the clearance issues which has been point out on your list and since I haven't used the cooler or case I can't confirm it will for you but I'm sure google would be able to answer it hopefully.

When you say 'next to the battery' I'm presuming you mean a 120mm fan on the side of the hard drive cage which will blow air towards your Power supply. Personally I wouldn't bother with the extra fan since it probably won't make a big difference in your temps but if you really want to you can.

Thanks for the info. Really helped me out. BTW do you have a skype?
12-03-2014, 08:17 PM #6
Thanks for the info. Really helped me out. BTW do you have a skype?

No problem I'm happy to help : )

and I don't have skype sorry
12-04-2014, 05:10 AM #7
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
No problem I'm happy to help : )

and I don't have skype sorry

Okay so after a lot of thought processing, this is the pc im buying :You must login or register to view this content.
Can you just make sure for me that its all good and compatible and all that good stuff. TY Happy
12-04-2014, 09:37 AM #8
KAOSxGaming
At least I can fight
Okay so after a lot of thought processing, this is the pc im buying :You must login or register to view this content.
Can you just make sure for me that its all good and compatible and all that good stuff. TY Happy

You could save money and get a less wattage psu like a 650w 80+ gold and then some good cases Are corsair graphite 230t or Phanteks enthoo pro.
12-05-2014, 01:23 AM #9
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Fuck rebates because I doubt you'll take advantage of it.

- i5-4690K if you're going to overclock, i5-4460 if not.
- ETS-T40-TB performs better Hyper 212 EVO. AIO liquid coolers suck ass; just stick with air coolers. I'd only go with liquid cooling if you get a custom loop. If you decide to go with i5-4460, then you won't need an aftermarket cooler.
- Z97 motherboard for SLI compatibility.
- 8GB RAM, pretty standard.
- 128GB SSD for OS and some software (internet browser, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.)
- 1TB HDD for all other storage needs (music, pictures, games, etc.)
- GTX 970 has one of the best price:performance ratios. GTX 970 is in between GTX 780 and GTX 780 TI. GTX 760 in a $1k~ build is unacceptable.
- Define R5 is a beast case, just came out too.
- XFX PSUs are rebranded Seasonic PSUs. Seasonic is one of the best PSU manufacturers out there. Don't buy some low quality PSU that uses Taiwanese caps.
- Standard optical drive and wifi adapter.

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($208.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($62.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($53.89 @ Directron)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. ($349.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. ($129.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: You must login or register to view this content. ($15.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: You must login or register to view this content. ($9.49 @ Newegg)
Total: $1101.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-04 20:22 EST-0500
Last edited by Rawr ; 12-05-2014 at 01:36 AM.
12-07-2014, 12:01 AM #10

I would personally look at going with my list or Rawrs list since they both offer very good gaming performance and when you your spending 1000$ on a gaming PC you can do much better than a GTX 760. If you don't want to overclock then you can possibly make some small changes which will help save you even more money but obviously that's up to you.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo