07-06-2015, 02:15 PM #1
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So im gunna buy new parts at the end of this month when im back from Ibiza. This is what im getting You must login or register to view this content. ( either get the GPU in my part picker list or this one You must login or register to view this content. ) BUT I already have a decent MB and CPU. My MB is an ASUS M5 A97 R2.0. and my CPU is an AMDFX 6300 6 cores 3.5GHz. Im just wondering if the GPU will work with the MB and CPU i have atm as keeping them from the PC i use atm will save me over £400
07-07-2015, 04:31 AM #2
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Pixie
So im gunna buy new parts at the end of this month when im back from Ibiza. This is what im getting You must login or register to view this content. ( either get the GPU in my part picker list or this one You must login or register to view this content. ) BUT I already have a decent MB and CPU. My MB is an ASUS M5 A97 R2.0. and my CPU is an AMDFX 6300 6 cores 3.5GHz. Im just wondering if the GPU will work with the MB and CPU i have atm as keeping them from the PC i use atm will save me over £400

You should be fine. I don't see how you'd encounter any bottlenecks.
07-07-2015, 09:37 AM #3
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Originally posted by Rath
You should be fine. I don't see how you'd encounter any bottlenecks.

stare I know i will be getting bottlenecks, Just asking because i cba buying some parts now then waiting a month or 2 to buy the rest. But im only plying in 1080p so far till maybe Christmas time & Saying myslef £400 atm is gooood
Last edited by Pixie Lott ; 07-07-2015 at 09:42 AM.
07-07-2015, 03:08 PM #4
Rath
Today Will Be Different
stare I know i will be getting bottlenecks, Just asking because i cba buying some parts now then waiting a month or 2 to buy the rest. But im only plying in 1080p so far till maybe Christmas time & Saying myslef £400 atm is gooood

Scratch that, saw the i7 and didn't read the entire OP because it was late. Yeah I'm pretty sure your FX 6300 will bottleneck the 980ti, but running on 1080p it should manage. At least for me since I play on all low. :p
07-08-2015, 01:59 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
So im gunna buy new parts at the end of this month when im back from Ibiza. This is what im getting You must login or register to view this content. ( either get the GPU in my part picker list or this one You must login or register to view this content. ) BUT I already have a decent MB and CPU. My MB is an ASUS M5 A97 R2.0. and my CPU is an AMDFX 6300 6 cores 3.5GHz. Im just wondering if the GPU will work with the MB and CPU i have atm as keeping them from the PC i use atm will save me over £400

your 980 is a little too much for a 6300, i'd get a 970 annd should be about max what a 6300 can take without a bottleneck
07-11-2015, 06:27 PM #6
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?

No :p
Given how you don't use your PC no point in upgrading

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo