01-25-2016, 09:22 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm looking for a laptop that allows me to RTM with Ethernet, play next gen games. I'm looking at this one so far, what do you think? You must login or register to view this content.
01-25-2016, 09:35 PM #2
psychobe@n
Where are you?
Originally posted by pheonixwarhawk View Post
I'm looking for a laptop that allows me to RTM with Ethernet, play next gen games. I'm looking at this one so far, what do you think? You must login or register to view this content.

Playing "next-gen games" is a bit of a stretch, are we talking about playing Witcher 3 on ULTRA at 1080p? Or are we talking playing a game like CoD 4 at 1080? A mobile processor isnt as strong as a desktop GPU however I think at that price you will get a few good AAA games at 1080p with that laptop.
01-26-2016, 02:45 AM #3
Originally posted by n View Post
Playing "next-gen games" is a bit of a stretch, are we talking about playing Witcher 3 on ULTRA at 1080p? Or are we talking playing a game like CoD 4 at 1080? A mobile processor isnt as strong as a desktop GPU however I think at that price you will get a few good AAA games at 1080p with that laptop.

Mainly fallout
01-26-2016, 06:32 PM #4
psychobe@n
Where are you?
Mainly fallout

Fallout 3 and New Vegas would be pretty stable at 1080p I would think however since Fallout 4 is probs the worst fallout port and is early in its release, I doubt you would get 30FPS on 1080p with that on your laptop.
01-26-2016, 06:54 PM #5
Originally posted by n View Post
Fallout 3 and New Vegas would be pretty stable at 1080p I would think however since Fallout 4 is probs the worst fallout port and is early in its release, I doubt you would get 30FPS on 1080p with that on your laptop.

So I would need better graphics card? And i7core?
01-26-2016, 07:03 PM #6
psychobe@n
Where are you?
So I would need better graphics card? And i7core?

I wouldnt go with the mindset that a high tier laptop can play any game. Different games are optimised at different specs, look at MGS which beastly optimised and can probs run 1080P on your system no problem.
01-28-2016, 11:29 PM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
I'm looking for a laptop that allows me to RTM with Ethernet, play next gen games. I'm looking at this one so far, what do you think? You must login or register to view this content.

Pretty good laptop wouldn't be terrible, people get by with worse. But if your serious about pc gaming spend it on a tower and get a cheaper laptop or use your current one for rte
01-29-2016, 03:17 AM #8
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Pretty good laptop wouldn't be terrible, people get by with worse. But if your serious about pc gaming spend it on a tower and get a cheaper laptop or use your current one for rte

What makes a gaming laptop better? The core, graphics? I need to know what to look for to play next gen games and RTM.
01-29-2016, 11:59 AM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
What makes a gaming laptop better? The core, graphics? I need to know what to look for to play next gen games and RTM.

The laptop parts are a lower power to save battery. If I ran my stuff on a battery of get maybe 30min if I'm lucky. They also gotta take in cooling too. That's why expensive gaming laptops usually look like bricks with huge battery and weigh close to 10lbs.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo