08-04-2016, 01:48 AM #1
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
All parts have been ordered apart from the LEDs (out of stock) and the build has started (just replacing the stock AF fans in the 750D with the new ML fans) as for the rest of it I am still waiting on RAM, CPU and NVMe storage arrive so I can assemble it all on the mobo before putting it in the case.

Hopefully I get a good chip and am able to OC the i7 to around 4.7 but we'll see.

Swapped a few things out since the last update, added the fans, changed the case back and changed the PSU to a higher quality, lower wattage one. As well as adding the cables and LED strips from cable mods.

Just thought I would update the thread before I finish the build and get OS installed.

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. (£297.00 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. (£119.99 @ Amazon UK)

Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£187.98 @ Amazon UK)

Memory: You must login or register to view this content. (£120.57 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£151.58 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£93.99 @ Amazon UK)

Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£699.99 @ BT Shop)

Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£134.99 @ Amazon UK)

Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. (£127.52 @ CCL Computers)

Case Fan: You must login or register to view this content. (£21.95 @ Amazon UK)

Other: Cable Mod ModMesh Full Kit (£92.99)
Other: WideBeam 60CM LED Strip x2 (£39.9Cool Man (aka Tustin)

Total: £2176.33
2858.79 USD @ post-Brexit conversion rate
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Parts

Mobo
You must login or register to view this content.

Fans
You must login or register to view this content.

Case
N/A
Last edited by Geo ; 08-23-2016 at 07:54 PM.
08-04-2016, 11:36 AM #2
Ethen
Banned
Originally posted by Geo View Post
This build is planned for the end of August/start of September

As of making this thread the GPU has been ordered (currently out of stock) and the Motherboard (was on sale) but I do not plan on ordering other components until near build time unless they also see price drop or deals. A 1TB HDD that I already own will also go in the build. I will update the thread when parts come in or when the build starts.

I also plan on getting some custom cables for the Corsair PSU to match the red/black/white of the ASUS ROG items and some custom LED strips compatible with the on-board RGB LED 4-pin connectors. This all should tie in with the 1080 RGB, Mobo RGB and corsair AIO RGB. Only downside is that I can't sync the AIO RGB with the strips, card and board.

I plan on overclocking the i7 and pushing the 1080 to its boost clock, which is tested to be around 2050. overclocking the card won't get much more out of it because the boost from ASUS on this 1080 is pretty damn good so will probably leave it at that.

If you have any advice/suggestions or have any questions about it then please let me know!

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. (£305.99 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. (£94.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£200.99 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. (£116.56 @ Novatech)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£79.98 @ Ebuyer)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£638.41 @ BT Shop)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£125.00 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. (£117.24 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £1679.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-04 02:49 BST+0100

Do you have any idea if/when there will be an i8 release? if so is it worth waiting?
08-04-2016, 11:42 AM #3
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by Ethen View Post
Do you have any idea if/when there will be an i8 release? if so is it worth waiting?

i8? Don't think there will be such a thing. i3 i5 and i7 are there main consumer chips and the chipset will change every year or two (generation)
i3 is dual core
i5 is quad core
i7 is quad to 8 core I think with the X models (which are like double the price), i7 have more threads.

They then have the Xeon series.

The 6700 part indicates the generation (6) and the 700 I forget... the "K" indicates this chip has the ability to overclock.

The current generation (6th) is Skylake Architecture and the 7th is apparently called Kabylake or something like that and from what I know won't have an open chip (K) until early to mid 2017 and simply isnt worth waiting for, it wont be a huge bump.
08-04-2016, 11:44 AM #4
Ethen
Banned
i8? Don't think there will be such a thing. i3 i5 and i7 are there main consumer chips and the chipset will change every year or two (generation)
i3 is dual core
i5 is quad core
i7 is quad to 8 core I think with the X models (which are like double the price), i7 have more threads.

They then have the Xeon series.

The 6700 part indicates the generation (6) and the 700 I forget... the "K" indicates this chip has the ability to overclock.

The current generation (6th) is Skylake Architecture and the 7th is apparently called Kabylake or something like that and from what I know won't have an open chip (K) until early to mid 2017 and simply isnt worth waiting for, it wont be a huge bump.

Okay then, looks like you have a sweet build!

The following user thanked Ethen for this useful post:

Geo
08-09-2016, 12:22 AM #5
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Updated with new spec (case change) and added first arrived part as it was the first ordered.
08-09-2016, 12:30 AM #6
Slick
Anxiety
fuck you

The following user thanked Slick for this useful post:

Geo
08-09-2016, 12:40 AM #7
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by Slick View Post
fuck you

Appreciate it
08-16-2016, 12:26 AM #8
Nice build m8. Should put another graphics card in that bad boy later on. You play on 4K?
08-22-2016, 08:38 PM #9
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Updated

Originally posted by Fixed
Nice build m8. Should put another graphics card in that bad boy later on. You play on 4K?

Not yet, currently running a triple 1080p setup but when I go away to Uni next year I will probably either buy an ultra wide 1440p or a 16:9 4K monitor.

As for SLI I've decided to not go down that route, would be more efficient selling the 1080 and getting a newer gpu in the years to come. Because if I get another flagship it simply doesn't need 2.

The following user thanked Geo for this useful post:

Fixed Username
08-23-2016, 04:04 PM #10
Toke
PC Master Race
Updated

Not yet, currently running a triple 1080p setup but when I go away to Uni next year I will probably either buy an ultra wide 1440p or a 16:9 4K monitor.

As for SLI I've decided to not go down that route, would be more efficient selling the 1080 and getting a newer gpu in the years to come. Because if I get another flagship it simply doesn't need 2.

ngu admin money fam

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo