Post: Microsoft Points to be scrapped under lawsuit pressure?
02-08-2010, 05:32 PM #1
Caspa
Retired Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user

There have been all sorts of complaints levelled against the Microsoft Points system since it was launched on Xbox Live, though it may be that the system may be done away with altogether following reports of a lawsuit being filed against the company.

Horsham, Pennsylvania resident Samuel Lassoff consulted a Philadelphia-area attorney in order to file a complaint against the Microsoft Corporation, claiming that he had been ripped off after buying points he would've converted into games, themes or other game-specific goodies, only to find it didn't quite work out that way.

He received an invoice for the points earlier in the month from Microsoft only to find that stuff he bought but couldn't complete downloading due to a dodgy retrieval system meant that he was getting billed without any products being given to him.

InformationWeek quoted the legal representative of Lassoff as asserting that Microsoft "engaged in a scheme to unjustly enrich itself through their fraudulent handling" of his client's account.

Xbox Live continues to expand with content, so it could be that a direct purchase system is brought in to replace the money-masquerading arrangement when it comes to buying games, add-ons and utterly pointless additions to the Xbox 360's strangely compelling avatars.

Via: https://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/microsoft-points-to-be-scrapped-under-lawsuit-pressure-$1356448.html
02-22-2010, 10:24 PM #11
ps3-dude
Who’s Jim Erased?
there are reports of nobodys staking court claims about multi-(billion?) dollar companies. They always fall through and nothing will change. No need to stress.
02-24-2010, 03:21 AM #12
Jack82
Climbing up the ladder
Wont this also cause lawsuits. Stores that have msp cards will all be furios, and what happens if i have a billion msp on my account, how does that get transferedto $ ?
02-27-2010, 06:04 PM #13
i think it should be nerfed just use real money ppl
02-28-2010, 05:57 PM #14
lmao ps3 all the way

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo