Post: Microsoft Points to be scrapped under lawsuit pressure?
02-08-2010, 05:32 PM #1
Caspa
Retired Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user

There have been all sorts of complaints levelled against the Microsoft Points system since it was launched on Xbox Live, though it may be that the system may be done away with altogether following reports of a lawsuit being filed against the company.

Horsham, Pennsylvania resident Samuel Lassoff consulted a Philadelphia-area attorney in order to file a complaint against the Microsoft Corporation, claiming that he had been ripped off after buying points he would've converted into games, themes or other game-specific goodies, only to find it didn't quite work out that way.

He received an invoice for the points earlier in the month from Microsoft only to find that stuff he bought but couldn't complete downloading due to a dodgy retrieval system meant that he was getting billed without any products being given to him.

InformationWeek quoted the legal representative of Lassoff as asserting that Microsoft "engaged in a scheme to unjustly enrich itself through their fraudulent handling" of his client's account.

Xbox Live continues to expand with content, so it could be that a direct purchase system is brought in to replace the money-masquerading arrangement when it comes to buying games, add-ons and utterly pointless additions to the Xbox 360's strangely compelling avatars.

Via: https://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/microsoft-points-to-be-scrapped-under-lawsuit-pressure-$1356448.html
02-08-2010, 06:24 PM #2
Dewzy916
i am broski916
So instead of MS points it will be normal $$ now?
02-08-2010, 06:39 PM #3
Probably. They might get rid of Microsoft Points
02-08-2010, 07:28 PM #4
Under Alts Bed
x x x x x x x x x x x x x
Wait i'm confused how will switching to normal money solve anything if it was the retrieval system O.o?

Anyways. Microsoft are cheapskates who i frankly hate. I love the xbox. But hate Microsoft. However i like the idea of Microsoft points, Ps3 users frequently use Microsoft points as a way to be a fanboy about Ps3 but Microsoft points are good, what you don't use builds up and eventually you end up getting a new game With the left overs. Happy
02-08-2010, 07:34 PM #5
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
They should have used normal money from the start like Sony. MSP makes things seem like such a rip off.
02-08-2010, 09:16 PM #6
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
Glad they are getting rid of MS points another one of the bad things about xbox
02-08-2010, 09:20 PM #7
xScreamo!
Trading Kids For Angel Dust
wow i cant believe there gettin rid of the msp
02-09-2010, 01:07 AM #8
Octavia
"PonyF ag"
i just hope that DLC will be free now
god i may just get a ps3 instead of an xbox
02-22-2010, 05:36 PM #9
Annie the Eagle
I love Birds of Prey!
Originally posted by Elmo
i just hope that DLC will be free now
god i may just get a ps3 instead of an xbox

I just wish sometimes people would stop going 'I'mma get a PS3 now instead of an XBOX'.

So what? You don't need to broadcast it...

I hate the PS3 because mine has a YLOD, but I still prefer it to the XBOX 360... even though Sony want to charge me £175 for a new blu-ray laser, I still prefer the system.

Though I don't go saying 'ZOMG XBOX 360 SUXX0RZ, PS3 ARE BETTA'.

Both consoles have their ups and downs.
02-22-2010, 10:18 PM #10
Octavia
"PonyF ag"
Originally posted by Parabuteo View Post
I just wish sometimes people would stop going 'I'mma get a PS3 now instead of an XBOX'.

So what? You don't need to broadcast it...

I hate the PS3 because mine has a YLOD, but I still prefer it to the XBOX 360... even though Sony want to charge me £175 for a new blu-ray laser, I still prefer the system.

Though I don't go saying 'ZOMG XBOX 360 SUXX0RZ, PS3 ARE BETTA'.

Both consoles have their ups and downs.

i like both and i hate fanboys

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo