02-14-2010, 01:01 PM #1
Default Avatar
Dawsey
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The original Battlefield might have been a PC franchise, but Bad Company marked the brands move onto consoles and was well received by console fans. Overall, it was a great move for the Battlefield series and few people will contest that.

What people are contesting is the way that DICE are treating the second game, which is due to be released on both consoles and PC. Although many PC gamers are excited to see the series return, others are not so happy with some decisions being made by the company during development. The decisions remind us of those taken by Infinity Ward during the development of Modern Warfare 2.

Firstly, DICE have stated that there won’t be any private dedicated servers and secondly they’ve now revealed that the game won’t have a developer console. Neither of these decisions are as big as Modern Warfare 2 not letting people use dedicated servers at all, but they are still things that many PC gamers expect, and the kind of things that more hardcore players and server admins often get angry about.

You must login or register to view this content.

We’re not sure what to think. If DICE had simply been open about these decisions earlier we might have had more respect for them. Instead, they spent a lot of time during the Modern Warfare 2 boycott stating how they would be making a game that would have all the typical elements of a PC game and wouldn’t go all ‘infinity ward’ on us.

They’ve also stated that their decisions have been made to stop cheating during the game, which we find absurd considering that many of the most popular PC games of the last few years have had both private servers and a developer console without any problems, including games played in international tournaments such as Counterstrike.

If Modern Warfare 2’s $1 billion sales figures are anything to go by though, the small percentage of people who make a large fuss about such things will just end up buying the game along with everyone else anyway, which could mean similar decisions by other PC developers in the future.
02-24-2010, 03:48 PM #2
Pricey91
Professor of trollology
No wonder no-one wants to play on the PC, all they do is bitch all day.
02-24-2010, 05:25 PM #3
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
Originally posted by Pricey91 View Post
No wonder no-one wants to play on the PC, all they do is bitch all day.

Yeah, I agree

I have MW2 on PC and PS3 and all people do on PC is bitch and complain about no dedicated servers or console... Cmon developers// Give people what they want.

I Don't Get it
02-25-2010, 03:49 PM #4
Originally posted by evan94 View Post
Yeah, I agree

I have MW2 on PC and PS3 and all people do on PC is bitch and complain about no dedicated servers or console... Cmon developers// Give people what they want.

I Don't Get it

PC people always used to get the best because PC's are much more capable then consoles. With new games like MW2 almost being a port of their console counterparts, many PC gamers are angered because they have no privalages over the console gamer.
02-25-2010, 04:40 PM #5
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
Originally posted by Leo99756 View Post
PC people always used to get the best because PC's are much more capable then consoles. With new games like MW2 almost being a port of their console counterparts, many PC gamers are angered because they have no privalages over the console gamer.

Oh yeah, its definitly a port... like IW said.. the special thing about the PC version of MW2 is lets hear it... MOUSE SUPPORT oooo... lol

I feel bad for PC player because they have to put up with this
02-25-2010, 10:10 PM #6
Although this is turning into a MW2/IW discussion and I want to keep it on topic, I feel a need to post here.
The reason dedicated servers are not in MW2 is that Activision cannot charge PC users for Map Packs as long as they are there, and Activision are the biggest money-grabbers in gaming history. So please guys, stop calling IW stupid when the truth is they had no choice and had to pretend they thought it was a good idea. I bet they were just as pissed as the time they found out.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo