Post: Playstation 4, it could have 'Flexible Touchscreen Technology'
02-15-2010, 11:55 PM #1
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ah, PS4. Talk has been raging on for years now, actually many thought Sony would abandon PS3 because of what they perceived to be its many failings and rush unto the next. Well that’s not the case, but that doesn’t mean the hardware giant isn’t already thinking of its next-gen system. Surely you’ve heard of the many rumors claiming that Sony has already settled on the specs of PS4?

Well we don’t have anything concrete yet, but this is taken from an interview speaking to PlayStation: The Official Magazine, Sony fan and freelance designer Tai Chiem, who’s drawn some awesome looking prototypes of what PS4 could look like, including some of the specs, divulged his reasons for doing so.

You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user
to challenge myself to design something based on a current company while keeping their design language,” he told the mag, “but also taking it further.”

“I wanted it to look like something Sony would design.”

His prototype design is far reaching and extremely technical, so can these lofty visions be realized? Chiem thinks it’s not even a question of if, but rather when.

“Flexible touchscreen technology is currently being developed, so it’s definitely a possibility,” he continued. “I have seen companies such as Samsung developing transparent screens. While it’s costs prohibitive to have these features at the moment, I think it would be feasible in the next five to ten years.”
02-16-2010, 12:13 AM #2
TheFrozenArrow
Stealth Mode [ON] OFF
I can totally see them incorporating ALOT of design into motion controllers for the next-gen system/games. Both PS3 and Xbox 360 are working on it for the current systems, but I bet it will be a big thing on the next gen systems. I can't wait till Sony's next-gen comes out! I'm just hoping it doesn't cost $1,500...

And Lol @ the controller pic! It has an infinity button. That would be an insane controller! A gazillion buttons. Happy
Last edited by TheFrozenArrow ; 02-16-2010 at 12:18 AM.
02-16-2010, 12:14 AM #3
DBA
Pokemon Trainer
now thats a real modded controller
02-16-2010, 03:42 AM #4
bmxdude9
Million Miles Of Fun!
thats pretty crazy, would be cool what else the PS4 could have in store for us..?
02-16-2010, 03:50 AM #5
what if sony suspends ps4 for an extended period of time? think about it, sony hasnt made a profit from the ps3 yet, and even with the slim, they still take a loss, a smaller one, but still a loss, and touch screen technology would require a certain kind of tv, u cant have a program that allows it and expect to run it on any tv...by then, maybe most will have that kind of technology in their tvs tho...i hope for the best
02-16-2010, 04:20 AM #6
Dewzy916
i am broski916
I don't see the pic, it says account inactive.
02-16-2010, 04:32 AM #7
AgentJon
Former Staff
PS4. Crazy talk. All I want is voice party chat :/.
02-16-2010, 04:33 AM #8
Steve
Ex-News Staff
it'd be hard playin CoD 10-15 with a touch screen almost like a big iPod (Nazi Zombies app)
02-16-2010, 05:20 AM #9
Charaky
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by xKoHo
it'd be hard playin CoD 10-15 with a touch screen almost like a big iPod (Nazi Zombies app)

lol love that game, pretty darn good for an ipod.
plus i think for now sony will probs just do like a massive update for the ps3, which is what i was hoping they did, having a huge update every few months ot once a year to add in heaps of features but who knows?
02-16-2010, 06:03 AM #10
Default Avatar
verse
lol that funny

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo