09-20-2010, 12:28 AM #1
maddenking1234
King of Madden
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
PSN Game: Flower

You must login or register to view this content.

Overview:

What is the one game that uses one control and needs only wind to beat the game? That's right it's flower and not only is it simple, it is also relaxing. This game hit the PSN in early 2009 after a strong showing at 2008's E3. Given the high scores from top reviewers IGN, Eurogamer, and G4 I take it this game will sell for many years to come. The simplistic controls make it easy, for the smallest child and most video game oblivious adult, to play. In many people's eyes this game is either an intelligently designed peace of art or a waste of the space it takes up. Hopefully this review will encourage you to go to the PSN and drop $9.99 (US) for this game.

Gameplay:
The prime objective of this game is to utilize the wind and gather a following of flower petals, this is done using your starting petal which follow you through each level. You simply use the wind and twist the controller to push the starter petal to each steam, at which point they will blossom and you will collect more petals. Yet to be mentioned is the fact that as you progress the music progresses as well. The music starts off slow and calming but as you begin to use the wind and collect petals the winds speeds and energizes, while still remaining calm. You enter each level through a pot on a window seal, each level is filled with an amazing adventure in a completely world. Before entering each pot you will be shown amazing artwork detailing the city of which you will be turning into a beautiful canvas of nature. With perfect graphics that are very becoming of games now a days, it is an understatement to say the graphics are amazing.

Despite all the things above there are some things that Sony Computer Entertainment could have improved on. For one the length of the game could have been increased to appeal to buyers when it originally came out for $19.99 (US). I do agree that the appropriate price for this game is $9.99 (US), but for the original price (stated above) it would have been a much safer to throw in a couple more levels. One other thing that has been bugging me about this game is what, at times, seems to be a lacking six axis control. Anyone playing this game knows it is hard to be frustrated with such relaxing music, but when you keep missing the stem because the six axis is hard to control it suddenly becomes plausible. Though you can slow the wind down to make it easier to hit the stem, who wants to slow down when you are gaining momentum. These cons are not the ultimatum that should stop your purchase of this game, but it will make you think twice.

Summary:
For many reason posted,and not posted, above this game was at the top of the PSN Top Downloads list. You have heard why this game is good and you have heard the few reason to say no when that "Would you like to buy this game?" screen pops up. It is undeniable that the success this game has reached is in the top tier all time will be played for years to come. My recommendation is, for the for the price listed above, that you buy this game and enjoy it. There are not many things that can easily relax you, but when you find something that does I suggest you buy it.

Thanks for reading and enjoy Flower

(This is my review for the video game Flower and I guarantee that all everything written have come straight from my head to this thread)
Last edited by maddenking1234 ; 09-21-2010 at 08:33 PM.

The following user thanked maddenking1234 for this useful post:

Jake
09-20-2010, 01:17 AM #2
I played this game once, but it's so relaxing.

Good review :y:
09-20-2010, 01:19 AM #3
Rowdy
Banned
my friend had this on his ps3 we decided to play it later but beofre that we got high and then we played flower it felt like i was really high up there and we were trying to catch the pedals lol

The following user thanked Rowdy for this useful post:

xMacMiller
09-21-2010, 08:20 AM #4
Shackler's Rev
Climbing up the ladder
It's an excellent game, I'm getting its 100% trophies Smile
good review.
09-21-2010, 08:02 PM #5
Originally posted by FionnDawg View Post
These You must login or register to view this content.

in mid air coming from flowers? U mad.

^^^^ LMAO!!!

apart from a few little grammatical errors its a very good review and the game is well worth buying, I was like most people a bit sceptical at first but I was amazed how much I actually got into the game and really started enjoying it....

but this is your review so il shut up now Winky Winky but still a very good review
09-21-2010, 08:30 PM #6
maddenking1234
King of Madden
Ok guys I get it, fixing now Winky Winky
09-22-2010, 12:46 AM #7
I wonder about this game..
09-22-2010, 02:02 AM #8
Wow...was my post really deleted?
09-22-2010, 11:26 AM #9
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
It a good example of atmosphere in a game plays off.
Nice review Smile

Great little game , hope we see more like this from devs. Little but great games.
09-22-2010, 04:14 PM #10
hmmm i wonder if it gunna be good some1 will have to tell me

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo