01-09-2011, 02:44 AM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Geohot Releases PS3 3.55 Jailbreak

You must login or register to view this content.

The highly anticipated wait is over. Geohot has finally released his jailbreak. Check it out here:

Originally posted by another user
You must login or register to view this content.

He states that old homebrew will not work
new homebrew signing tools coming soon.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by CLM ; 01-09-2011 at 02:48 AM.

The following 21 users say thank you to CLM for this useful post:

af12314, almousawi, AndrewPS3, BooshMayne, dela_tiges12, delagious, DVNModz.com, EuanBlondin_x, Extrazior, II-TMP-II, iSergeant-Adam, Kill_tony485, Martins59, MikeyCapp, NanuGama, NJN, Reaper, SAMCRO, Solid Snake, w8t4it
01-09-2011, 04:41 PM #65
flare4000
Save Point
Would this allow us to install say map packs or bonus content from the psn store if they were leaked?
And is they're any way to get back to orginal fw
Last edited by flare4000 ; 01-09-2011 at 04:44 PM.
01-09-2011, 04:52 PM #66
niteX
Save Point
Originally posted by Boomer48y View Post
Can you still play online once you installed this CFW?

Yes , you can!

Originally posted by flare4000 View Post
Would this allow us to install say map packs or bonus content from the psn store if they were leaked?
And is they're any way to get back to orginal fw

I dont know something about this with the PSN Store but you can get back to OFW!
Just go to the original Website from Playstation and download the OFW 3.55 ! Install it like you installed the CFW!
Last edited by niteX ; 01-09-2011 at 04:55 PM.
01-09-2011, 05:09 PM #67
evilBoodah
Save Point
cant wait to try homebrew on 3.55!
01-09-2011, 05:10 PM #68
Halo :D
I am error
IS it true?
01-09-2011, 05:17 PM #69
1. Download
2. Install
3. Cry in fear of Beeps
4. Profit?????????
01-09-2011, 05:36 PM #70
Great post like always melo Smile

I for one, will wait some months before doing this. Right now, it doesn't seem worth it. And I don't care if its legal/illegal for Sony to ban us from PSN (which I think is legal). If they do it, I won't install CFW...So I'll just wait and see the chaos.

Originally posted by ipodhuman9 View Post
:tits::tits::tits::tits::tits::tits::tits:i just got my jailbreak and it didnt work if u have the little red modchip and no how to work it then can u please help me because i will get introuble if i tell my mom or dad it dosnt work and i payed $119.95 for it and i cant send it back can u please help:tits::tits::tits::tits::tits::tits::tits:

Please grow up. Learn to spell, and stop wasting anything over $50 to hack a ****ing game...even more so if you don't know what the **** you are doing. I hope you parents have fun :carling:

The following user thanked GRP Spartan 983 for this useful post:

Conorq1
01-09-2011, 06:30 PM #71
xShadow
Pr0n ftw
So how do you set this up? You download the jailbreak zip, after that you just put file in any usb flash drive folder, like where it says PS3, drag it under it? And then I will be able to host cLs for cod4 and mw2???
01-09-2011, 07:32 PM #72
WeeNugsy
Certified Creeper
Originally posted by Martins59 View Post
You did, I like people like you, maybe you question yourself too but staying ignorant is better, right? Answer or stfu.

Psst, buddy, i think he was referring to the post before yours.. judging by the fact that you don't even have a sig that he could lol at?..

Any other ways you fancy humiliating yourself with?

Oh, and please stop expecting every post after yours to be clambering and scrapping to answer your question, it's pathetic and incredibly self centred.

The following user thanked WeeNugsy for this useful post:

iM203
01-09-2011, 07:41 PM #73
Martins59
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by xShadow125 View Post
So how do you set this up? You download the jailbreak zip, after that you just put file in any usb flash drive folder, like where it says PS3, drag it under it? And then I will be able to host cLs for cod4 and mw2???

How To: Jailbreak PS3 on 3.55 only

STEP 1: Plug a USB stick into your computer
STEP 2: Create a folder in the root of the USB stick called PS3
STEP 3: Create a folder inside the PS3 folder called UPDATE
STEP 4: Download:You must login or register to view this content.
STEP 5: Unzip Jailbreak.zip to PS3UPDAT.PUP
STEP 6: Move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick
STEP 7: Plug the USB stick into your PS3
STEP 8: Navigate to Settings Tab
STEP 9: Choose System Update
STEP 10: Choose Update via Storage Media
STEP 11: It will say it found Version 3.55-jb
STEP 12: Choose OK
STEP 13: Accept Conditions and Install Update
STEP 14: After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.
STEP 15: Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the controller)
STEP 16: Your PS3 is now jailbroken!

How To: Install Packages

STEP 1: Plug your USB stick into your computer
STEP 2: Drop You must login or register to view this content. into the root of the USB stick
STEP 3: Plug your USB stick into your PS3
STEP 4: Navigate to the Game Tab
STEP 5: Choose Install Package Files
STEP 6: Select the test.pkg
STEP 7: After it installs you will find the test package from geohot installed below the Install Package Files folder
STEP 8: Wait for more packages to be created by the PS3 community

Note: With the above geohot's PS3 jailbreak guide, you won't be able to play backup games or pirated games or whatever you choose to call them. You can install packages with the provided installer. More packages will be coming from the PS3 jailbreak community in the coming weeks and months.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 3 users say thank you to Martins59 for this useful post:

MrLegendz, NickDons, RETSGNAS

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo