02-08-2011, 03:34 AM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Xbox TV Channel Coming This Autumn
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: ClutchLikeMelo // February 7, 2011

Have you ever dreamed of watching Xbox games on TV? Probably not but don't be surprised if this autumn the Xbox TV channel launches! The paid television service would stream 'platform-exclusive shows and content'.

Apparently Microsoft even tried reaching out to chat-show giant Conan O'Brien. He did however turn down the offer because 'there was too many unknowns'. Conan and executive producer Jeff Ross said the following about the matter.

Originally posted by another user
"The Xbox thing - a lot of the conversations were 'well, it's a show, but it's not a show and there are no breaks, but maybe there are breaks and it's not 60 minutes, it's this' and nobody really knew what it was".

"So it was really going to be a leap of faith to jump in with these guys and figure something out which we didn't know. Plus there were 100 people who were out of jobs and that didn't bode well for that."

Ross added: "You meet with these guys and they show you all this stuff that they're developing and it's mind blowing.

"I think it's coming and it's big. It's just that we weren't in a position at that point to figure out what it was."

Multiple reports are saying that Microsoft is reaching out to "several" media companies about getting their content on Xbox.

It has been said that this service can come as soon as autumn. As for now you'll have to stick with the Xbox Sky Sports and ESPN telly channels.

The following 3 users say thank you to CLM for this useful post:

NJN, oSoo JDM -, Sk8erFerSur
02-08-2011, 04:05 AM #2
oSoo JDM -
Eat, Sleep, JDM
epic-face epic-face epic-face .... Jizz in my pants.

The following user thanked oSoo JDM - for this useful post:

Cpt.Slow
02-08-2011, 04:12 AM #3
TheBryant
Space Ninja
So it's like Qore or Pulse?
02-08-2011, 04:24 AM #4
WaZoO
† Nipples+GFX= LIFE †
I don't get it, what will be shown on this channel?
02-08-2011, 04:24 AM #5
Sk8erFerSur
NyanNyanNyanNyanNyanNyan
Now all we need is a PS3 channel, you know something more of sony's to hack! :carling:

The following user thanked Sk8erFerSur for this useful post:

KyleWTF
02-08-2011, 05:06 AM #6
KyleWTF
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Sk8erFerSur View Post
Now all we need is a PS3 channel, you know something more of sony's to hack! :carling:

Funny cause its true. This topic is quite interesting actually. I wanna see Sony attempt to make one and fail.
02-08-2011, 05:58 AM #7
Charaky
Bounty hunter
so its pretty much a paid subscription of a xbox play TV, or is it free?
plus ps3 already has some channels, depending on were u live, and i can remember seeing a ad for xbox that can watch Foxtel, this is in Australia btw
02-08-2011, 06:21 AM #8
BB_AjB
Haxor!
This sounds very interesting! It could go good or bad depending on what they do. If they got the right channels and gave it to the members of xbox live without any extra charges it should be accepted with open arms! But like I said it could go good or bad
02-08-2011, 11:27 AM #9
karimkz
Space Ninja
Originally posted by KyleWTF View Post
Funny cause its true. This topic is quite interesting actually. I wanna see Sony attempt to make one and fail.

Are u trying to say that sony has attempted copying 360 and failed? Becuz I dont see how thats possible. Trophies came out to be one of the greatest updates. Same thing with the Netflix. Next were gunna get Cross-Game Chat and it will be great JUST LIKE THE OTHER UPDATES aka Copy. So I wouldnt jump to conclusions on saying how sony might copy this and fail. Also... PULSE and Qore is better than this.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

Looks sweet, too bad my 360 has had enough chances of breaking on me... 4 times
Last edited by karimkz ; 02-08-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
02-08-2011, 01:21 PM #10
Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Good thing I have a Ps3 and Xbox360. Smile Great to hear for the Xbox. Good to have both systems because I know it will not come for the Ps3 because you don't have to pay to be online. O well Gasp

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo