Post: ProtoDojo - Hacks an NES Controller to function on iPad
03-20-2011, 06:34 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ProtoDojo - Hacks NES Controller to function on iPad
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: NextGenTactics// March 19, 2011

You must login or register to view this content.

A hacker known only by ProtoDojo has hacked his NES Controller to work on his iPad using a program software called Arduino

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9u87WPhVK8]YouTube - ProtoDojo: RoboTouch Controller Prototype[/ame]

Originally posted by another user
Using an Arduino, I hacked my old NES controller to control micro servos with custom conductive arms that simulate touches to the screen of my iPad. The servos are attached to the screen with mini suction cups and can be easily positioned for any game.

I basically wanted to play my favorite iPad game (Reckless Racing) with my NES controller and didn't want to hack a solution via dock port.

What is Arduino?
Originally posted by another user
Arduino is a tool for making computers that can sense and control more of the physical world than your desktop computer.

It's an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple microcontroller board, and a development environment for writing software for the board.

Arduino can be used to develop interactive objects, taking inputs from a variety of switches or sensors, and controlling a variety of lights, motors, and other physical outputs.

Arduino projects can be stand-alone, or they can be communicate with software running on your computer (e.g. Flash, Processing, MaxMSP.) The boards can be assembled by hand or purchased preassembled; the open-source IDE can be downloaded for free.

The Arduino programming language is an implementation of Wiring, a similar physical computing platform, which is based on the Processing multimedia programming environment.

If you have an iPad and old NES Controller laying around and wanna give it a try, You can Download Arduino Sofware> You must login or register to view this content.

The following 3 users say thank you to NextGenTactics for this useful post:

AMNE, b0snian, killa skillz
05-06-2011, 06:04 AM #29
TryCatchMe
Like A Boss
Lol that's pretty coolSmile
05-06-2011, 06:40 AM #30
Smokin420
Used2B Kelston813
This is great haha soon we'll be able to play any game on Ipad2 =D
05-10-2011, 10:49 AM #31
Mr. God
< ^ > < ^ >
Wow, thats impressive.
Love all these new Exploits/Hacks coming out lately... Happy
05-15-2011, 10:47 AM #32
HtD
Dark Knight
I've seen most controllers ported to the pc Ps3 and 360. Its pretty sick.
05-18-2011, 09:29 PM #33
Originally posted by Bad
Why would I want to ruin a perfectly good NES controller?

i totally agree NES pwns the ipad lol im not a fan of apple anything.
05-18-2011, 09:46 PM #34
Ameht!
Dark Knight
Originally posted by NextGenTactics View Post
ProtoDojo - Hacks NES Controller to function on iPad
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: NextGenTactics// March 19, 2011

You must login or register to view this content.

A hacker known only by ProtoDojo has hacked his NES Controller to work on his iPad using a program software called Arduino

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9u87WPhVK8]YouTube - ProtoDojo: RoboTouch Controller Prototype[/ame]

What is Arduino?

If you have an iPad and old NES Controller laying around and wanna give it a try, You can Download Arduino Sofware> You must login or register to view this content.

nice post homey. if i had an ipad i would do this
05-18-2011, 10:22 PM #35
that looks slick

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo