10-27-2011, 09:46 PM #1
Wondoh
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Modern Warfare 3 - Pirated Copies Released
Source: You must login or register to view this content.// By: Wondoh // 27th October 2011

As expected Modern Warfare 3 has been pirated and released online weeks before official launch. If you remember the same thing happened to Black ops and to Modern Warfare 2.
The disk was supposedly stolen from a shipping warehouse in California, where one employee managed to steal disc number 2 of 2. All it takes is one stolen disc to be ripped and uploaded online and instantly give "pirates" access to the most anticipated game this year. No doubt the pirates have hit the jackpot with pirating Modern Warfare 3.

How should Activision feel? Yes there biggest game has been pirated but this has happened years before, but they can still expect and enjoy their sales in the millions.

If you do plan on trying to get your hands on one of the pirated copies, think again. The same tactics are being used by investigators to knock on the pirates doors and ask them to delete their copies of the game. Obviously multiple back ups can be made but this just means that the punishment increases. A fine of $5000 could be given and a complete ban from online play. This was told by a pirate who did get caught and posted this message on craigslist so others do not go through the same.

There is less then 2 weeks to wait for modern warfare 3 so hopefully you will be able to wait that long.
Last edited by Pedobear ; 10-28-2011 at 01:15 AM.

The following 25 users say thank you to Wondoh for this useful post:

-{OVOXO}-, AMNE, Bush., Carbon0x, ChillChiefly96, Crave., crazywildjoka, Cryptic, dishcloth, Dubsy, Glittery Penis Skittle, Holleeder, iMCSx, K-Snody, LEzStarz, Mr.Kane, Mr.RizLa+, Pimp, riches, Superchunk, superhighme, Wretch 32, XHaveNOFearX, Xx_Lil-marsh_xX
10-28-2011, 01:57 AM #38
plasma_lemon
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by 039
;3895778']There would be no point in doing that. Activision/SONY/MICROSOFT/Democrats would have it taken down within the hour.

True. Hopefully in the few days before Modern Warfare 3 when a lot of people have legal copies that they got early through connections, they can put up videos that won't be taken down Smile
10-28-2011, 02:00 AM #39
The patience of the guy who stole it is extremely small... :confused:

Can you not wait, just a few more weeks? No Yea, sure he can make a good profit.. Its not worth it when you get caught and fined.
10-28-2011, 02:21 AM #40
ik i can wait... im probably gonna use the FBP money to buy it... if it really works
10-28-2011, 02:24 AM #41
oG GUNN3R
--------
Originally posted by Racist
Time for Kaf's daily grammar review :dumb:

You may also consider replacing "How should Activision feel?" with "How should Activision respond?"

Actually it's correct the way he typed it.
10-28-2011, 02:28 AM #42
Clouds
Error 404: Title Not Found
Time for me to download this :carling: I'm switching ISPs in 2 days anyway Awesome face
10-28-2011, 02:41 AM #43
Default Avatar
DevouR
I want the game SOOO bad. But i'm not a big enough nerd to steal the game lol. FSU Activision
10-28-2011, 02:46 AM #44
booyaka
Big Daddy
Man, some people just don't have patience.
10-28-2011, 04:42 AM #45
so does this mean i should delete my 3 copies? lol
10-28-2011, 05:46 AM #46
MelestedRabbit
Ultimate Sex God
Originally posted by Hondarydr View Post
I don't understand why people can't just wait two weeks? Is it really that hard? I mean we already waited this long...

agreed, its stupid to get fined $5000 and not be able to play because you cant wait 10 days,
PS. i love your sig Winky Winky

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo