12-30-2009, 06:36 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); <marquee behaviour='alternate'>
[size='4']Call of Duty Classic Review[/size]
[/u][/size][/center]</marquee>

Along with Modern Warfare 2, Infinity Ward also released Call of Duty Classic as the original games were never even released on consoles but on PC. The story follows 3 different characters: A Britain, an American and a Russian in an attempt to shoot up some Nazis.

Being a big fan of all Call of Duty games....well most of them, I was very happy to get my hands on one thanks to Warfighter66. After waiting an absolute age for my amazingly slow internet to download the demo and a short time getting the key, I jumped straight on the game. Clicking new game you get put up against your first challenge; surviving the loading screen! They get ridiculously long, to the point where over half of your time on the game is loading! But despite this, it does make for some impressive game play. Even my brother, who only plays racing games, was impressed by it and is always battling me to play on it.

The missions themselves are very much like your new age CoD games with objects you have to do and checkpoints to reach and such. You can tell it was originally made for PC as you have to scroll for between your 4 weapons that are, primary, secondary, pistol and grenade and it does sometimes take a long time to accomplish. Some weapons have the ability to choose between firing types, the Thompson for example can have automatic or single fire, and the BAR can have fast or slow fire rate.

The multiplayer on this game is extremely annoying as it takes forever to join a game because most people are bound to be on Modern Warfare 2. I eventually had to give up because it took so long. I personally think that the game play would be quite impressive if you actually got into an online game.

I personally think that it was a good idea for Activision to give this little piece of history to both xbox and PS3 as it shows the foundations of where the most successful game to ever hit these consoles. Personally I believe that Activision could have invested more money into this game to make it perfect although the outcome is very good.

Overall I rate it 8.3/10

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by JimErased ; 12-30-2009 at 11:04 PM.

The following 9 users say thank you to JimErased for this useful post:

Blade X, chris2k7sears, Gobz, Jayy, little_legz, MartinMeko, NanuGama, Saint-Luciferr, The Situation
12-31-2009, 03:33 AM #11
The Low Key OG
still the same OG, but I've been low key
I got this free with prestige edition Happy it's a decent game.
01-09-2010, 11:28 PM #12
rjive
Love Big Titty Bitches
thats funny you guys liked it. I think it sucks.
01-10-2010, 12:34 AM #13
MartinMeko
Little One
beast review Jim , but i didnt really like the online play it was very slow to find a game (as you said) , but yeah while in game i did not like it 1 bit it was dull and boring , the maps were actully ok.
but it was not gone over very good i got out a map just buy jumping over a car the end of the road lol
i would give online 3.5/10

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo