01-12-2010, 10:37 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Right now I bet some of you are like *facepalm* but to be honest I am actually rather excited! I grew up with this game. I played the game for hours on end just to catch and train as many pokémon as I could! Sad I know, but this is the game of my generation and I'm sure that even if you are not willing to admit it, you loved it too! I'm sorry about dragging the news away from all the FPS games we get on here but I thought it would be a nice change to see something different then call of Duty and stuff like that.

The announcement of the re-oppening puts all things pokémon back into the same place, from episodes to games, clips to the trading card game, and from Abra to Zubat.

Originally posted by J.C.
Pokémon.com unifies the Pokémon experience under one roof, providing fans with a fun entertainment destination where they can play mini-games, watch Pokémon animation, and explore the Pokémon universe. The re-launch of the site includes Electronic Theatre Imagea number of exciting new features and functions with an emphasis on being a fun and parent-approved place to visit online.

In celebration of the launch of the site, it is hosting the original episodes from the original first series and will be releasing new ones every week.

The site has added mini games which are like arcade games to keep the pokéfans addicted to the site. The games give you 'trainer tokens' which add up over time and keep you wanting to play for more.

It also includes trainer customisation, and a store where players can download such things as wallpapers and screensavers!

Originally posted by another user
Additional highlights fans can expect on the site include:

• The most current and up-to-date news announcements featuring information on video game character distributions, Pokémon promotions and partnerships

• The ability to keep track of Pokémon Organized Play ratings and stay aware of upcoming local Pokémon TCG and Video Game events

• New ways to search through the Pokédex containing all 493 current Pokémon including new artwork from the upcoming Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver Versions

• Updated search functionality in the Pokémon TCG card database that lets players search 2,500+ cards by sorting from more than a dozen different card elements

• The first place to find information on the eagerly anticipated 2010 Pokémon Video Game and TCG World Championships and other Pokémon tournaments

The re-launch of the site comes in advance of the new games arrival, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. As pokémon has sold more that 197 million units since its launch 13 years ago, it is one of the biggest video game franchises in the world, including its own 13 series TV show which is broadcast in over 25 countries and broadcast in as many as 153. And of course one of the biggest trading card games of all time.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 7 users say thank you to JimErased for this useful post:

Doctor Stan, eXoSkeleton, iSaboteur, Newfie, Nexxy, xFutterr
01-12-2010, 11:06 PM #2
@ndy
At least I can fight
Bringing back some good memories and fun times
01-12-2010, 11:06 PM #3
iUniQuee
Treasure hunter
lol i gotta admit i collected pokemon cards aswell, got all the first set of them still, somewhere in the house, hopefully they come back into fashion allot and i could sell them lol
01-12-2010, 11:10 PM #4
dang... i never knew those kids that watch it can read
01-12-2010, 11:17 PM #5
2 things:
1. I used to enjoy Pokemon too lol :p
2. gS xKiLLa you have exactly 666 rep! :O
01-12-2010, 11:19 PM #6
xXDymationXx
Junior Ranger
Haha, I remember Pokemon Happy

I remember when I was a kid, I gotthe second best Pokemon in the entire world. I still have it in an old binder in the basement. Lol
01-12-2010, 11:26 PM #7
Mighty Jebuz
Nerds √16 Ever!
lol jim, looks like you've spent more time on this than most of your other reviews XD

and tbf i think we all loved this game and MOST of us have moved on Winky Winky
01-12-2010, 11:36 PM #8
zrvnavi
Gym leader
honestly i played this game on the Gameboy color and Advanced and was probably the best hand held games ever made. There was never a game like pokemon and the trading cards were the bestSmile
01-12-2010, 11:40 PM #9
rjive
Love Big Titty Bitches
how old are you Jim?
01-12-2010, 11:40 PM #10
Nexxy
Formerly Psycho194
I remember playing pokemon for hours on my gameboy with my cousins, and us screeming "OMGOMGOMGOMG My [Pokemon name here] is only 50 XP away from levling up!!!"

And things like that Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo