10-14-2012, 11:29 PM #1
djdeath
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I currently have a ps3 slim ... (Biggest POS I ever bought) and its Bluetooth / Wifi went out. I could still play with my ps3 controller attached via usb and on the intenet with a LAN cable attached. That was fine with me cause i could still play... Well heres the issue Sony released there Firmware update and because my Bluetooth / Wifi was out it now cannot pass the checks during install and fail's to install.

HERES MY QUESTION...

Is there any way to get the ps3 out of the install loop and if so how?

I will rep the person with the helpfull reply

Thanks again for you help,

DJDeath
10-15-2012, 12:53 AM #2
M26-_-LOBBYS
Gym leader
Originally posted by djdeath View Post
I currently have a ps3 slim ... (Biggest POS I ever bought) and its Bluetooth / Wifi went out. I could still play with my ps3 controller attached via usb and on the intenet with a LAN cable attached. That was fine with me cause i could still play... Well heres the issue Sony released there Firmware update and because my Bluetooth / Wifi was out it now cannot pass the checks during install and fail's to install.

HERES MY QUESTION...

Is there any way to get the ps3 out of the install loop and if so how?

I will rep the person with the helpfull reply

Thanks again for you help,

DJDeath

Download The latest System Update from sony website (google it) then put it on usb then via the recovery menu install it Smile
10-16-2012, 04:49 AM #3
djdeath
Save Point
Originally posted by LOBBYS View Post
Download The latest System Update from sony website (google it) then put it on usb then via the recovery menu install it Smile

Actually that is what caused my issue... AKA Install Loop... but thanks for a reply
10-16-2012, 05:35 AM #4
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
dw i can help try this m8.

1: Open the side of your PS3 where your HDD is
2: Take the screw out, but leave the HDD in
3: When the update begins, pull your HDD out of the slot
4: It will tell you an error occured and it tells you to restart your system and try again
5: Instead, let the count from 60 run out, your screen will go blank for about 30 seconds then it will start back up and tell you that your Hard Drive needs to be reformatted.
6: If you do not get this msg after 30 seconds, do it again until it does! Now, slide your HDD into place again -(make sure your controller is PLUGGED IN) and press the white PS3 button on the controller
7: It will then ask you to either press start and select at same time OR white PS3 Button - PRESS START and SELECT.
8: Do not agree to user agreements!! Simply hit cancel and it will kick back to the PS3 start up screen.

The following user thanked Xx--AIDAN--xX for this useful post:

iLLy-i
10-18-2012, 03:52 AM #5
djdeath
Save Point
Originally posted by xX View Post

4: It will tell you an error occured and it tells you to restart your system and try again
5: Instead, let the count from 60 run out, your screen will go blank for about 30 seconds then it will start back up and tell you that your Hard Drive needs to be reformatted.
6: If you do not get this msg after 30 seconds, do it again until it does! Now, slide your HDD into place again -(make sure your controller is PLUGGED IN) and press the white PS3 button on the controller
7: It will then ask you to either press start and select at same time OR white PS3 Button - PRESS START and SELECT.
8: Do not agree to user agreements!! Simply hit cancel and it will kick back to the PS3 start up screen.

that didn't work either.... after the 60 count and then the 30 it say's it cannot find the device storage ..... and wont let me do anything...

Should the update goto 99% or like 15 % ... cause i get that when it goes to 15 and i tried to put the HDD in when the screen goes black and it goes back to the update screen... arg soooooooOOOoooo Agravating!
Last edited by djdeath ; 10-18-2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: added quote
10-18-2012, 04:21 AM #6
iLLy-i
Gym leader
Originally posted by xX View Post

This saved my problem!!!! Thank you soooo much bro!!! Really appreciate the life saver.....
-Thanks again! :y:
10-18-2012, 05:43 AM #7
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
Originally posted by i View Post
This saved my problem!!!! Thank you soooo much bro!!! Really appreciate the life saver.....
-Thanks again! :y:
no problem m8 i knew how to fix just had to explain it in a easy way lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo