12-15-2013, 01:21 AM #1
ogpayne
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello all, I've seen many of you being paranoid about tools stealing your cID and I would be too, even though the NGU staff does a very good job of keeping these bad tools off the forums, it's hard to contain them all. Today I will teach you a very simple thing to do in your firewall to block the outbound connection of those tools so they can not send any information they have collected to someone that is wanting to steal your cID. So lets get started shall we?

1. What you're going to do first is go to your Control Panel. Select "System and Security" and then select "Windows Firewall" Once you're there you should see what's in this image. Select "Advanced Settings" and then proceed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28581[/ATTACH]

2. Now you should see this. [ATTACH=CONFIG]28582[/ATTACH]. Select "Outbound Rules" and then select "New Rule". Upon doing so you'll be greeted with another pop up, proceed.

3. You should be greeted by this, [ATTACH=CONFIG]28583[/ATTACH]. Select "Program" and then press "Next".

4. Now choose "This program path" and select "Browse" and find the directory of where your RTM tool is located and then press "Next". [ATTACH=CONFIG]28584[/ATTACH]

5. Select "Block the connection" press "Next", and check all of the boxes for "Domain, Public, and Private", this way no matter what network you're on the tool will not be allowed to send any information to the creator. Select "Next".

6. Now give your rule a name! I like to name mine "cID safety (then the name of the tool here" just to help me keep track. Select "Finish" and you now have successfully blocked all outbound connections of this tool! Now have fun with your tool worry free.

I apologize if the pictures are a bit too small, hopefully you can zoom in on them and still understand what I'm saying.

Hopefully this helps some of you.

The following 2 users say thank you to ogpayne for this useful post:

Dan Dactyl, Flappy Bird
12-15-2013, 01:25 AM #2
Flappy Bird
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by z
Hello all, I've seen many of you being paranoid about tools stealing your cID and I would be too, even though the NGU staff does a very good job of keeping these bad tools off the forums, it's hard to contain them all. Today I will teach you a very simple thing to do in your firewall to block the outbound connection of those tools so they can not send any information they have collected to someone that is wanting to steal your cID. So lets get started shall we?

1. What you're going to do first is go to your Control Panel. Select "System and Security" and then select "Windows Firewall" Once you're there you should see what's in this image. Select "Advanced Settings" and then proceed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28581[/ATTACH]

2. Now you should see this. [ATTACH=CONFIG]28582[/ATTACH]. Select "Outbound Rules" and then select "New Rule". Upon doing so you'll be greeted with another pop up, proceed.

3. You should be greeted by this, [ATTACH=CONFIG]28583[/ATTACH]. Select "Program" and then press "Next".

4. Now choose "This program path" and select "Browse" and find the directory of where your RTM tool is located and then press "Next". [ATTACH=CONFIG]28584[/ATTACH]

5. Select "Block the connection" press "Next", and check all of the boxes for "Domain, Public, and Private", this way no matter what network you're on the tool will not be allowed to send any information to the creator. Select "Next".

6. Now give your rule a name! I like to name mine "cID safety (then the name of the tool here" just to help me keep track. Select "Finish" and you now have successfully blocked all outbound connections of this tool! Now have fun with your tool worry free.

I apologize if the pictures are a bit too small, hopefully you can zoom in on them and still understand what I'm saying.

Hopefully this helps some of you.

Awesome mate Enzo
12-15-2013, 02:27 AM #3
Pow.
Climbing up the ladder
Nice tut thanks for the help

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo