06-15-2011, 05:11 AM #1
Default Avatar
lpede5
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey everyone. I have read all the posts on jailbreak / the main threads and I'm pretty sure I know what to do but I just want to run it past everyone to make sure I don't screw anything up. My old PS3 just died so i bought a PS3 specifically with a firmware below 3.56

1. First of all the used ps3 slim I bought has firmware 3.41 - Should I download official firmware 3.55 - Put on a USB and update via that ?

2. Once i have 3.55 thats when the cfw is installed. There seems to be a fair few versions of this? Such as the debug one and such? Is there an overall one that most people use? I heard kmeaw cfw is half decent as well

3. Which is the best backup manager? Do all of them have to be downloaded on the side? Or for example with the kmeaw cfw is it pre-installed.

4. Is it better to backup games to the ps3 hdd or an external hdd? I have a 1tb hard drive which i can format to FAT32 if need be. I also read that FAT32 has a limit of 4GB per file? - Does this mean i couldnt backup some games if they were larger than this?

5. Is there anything else major i should know? I just want to make sure I can backup all of my ps3 games - I am pretty sure online is out of the question for any games - but yeah does anyone have any program / ps3 jailbreak function which they like using and are happy with. Thanks alot guy

Sorry if these questions are silly / already posted. I looked around first before asking these and just wanted confirmation. Thanks again
06-15-2011, 06:54 PM #11
K-Snody
Loading... ████████] 99%
Originally posted by Clutch
Are you asking whether 3.55 JB is better than 3.41 JB?

If so, the answer would be a resounding yes Smile

ok but why what does 3.55 have that 3.41 doesnt ? just wondering Smile
06-15-2011, 08:06 PM #12
Originally posted by Snody View Post
ok but why what does 3.55 have that 3.41 doesnt ? just wondering Smile

More compatibility, more ease of use Smile

The following user groaned Clutch Hunterr for this awful post:

zVirus
06-15-2011, 08:12 PM #13
K-Snody
Loading... ████████] 99%
ok thanks for feedback Smile
06-16-2011, 05:36 AM #14
RavagedBoom
Sing My Guitar
Originally posted by lpede5 View Post
Ok cool ill go with multiman and the rebug firmware. Thanks for providing that link as well. So do you reckon that Multiman would be able to load games onto my external without it being FAT32?

@ Klutch - Yeah i agree online is awesome - I'll prob buy a second ps3 for that. I got my one for pretty cheap $250 for a 320 GIG Slim. Just another question do ps3 games vary greatly in size. Like for example if i wanted to back up Uncharted 2 - Would it be around 5-10 gigs or alot larger? Cheers

MultiMAN supports NTFS so you're fine.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Originally posted by isamu11isamu View Post
Everything offline is BORING just saying :P

Are you shitting me?

The following user groaned RavagedBoom for this awful post:

zVirus
06-16-2011, 06:03 AM #15
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Originally posted by lpede5 View Post
Hey everyone. I have read all the posts on jailbreak / the main threads and I'm pretty sure I know what to do but I just want to run it past everyone to make sure I don't screw anything up. My old PS3 just died so i bought a PS3 specifically with a firmware below 3.56

1. First of all the used ps3 slim I bought has firmware 3.41 - Should I download official firmware 3.55 - Put on a USB and update via that ?

2. Once i have 3.55 thats when the cfw is installed. There seems to be a fair few versions of this? Such as the debug one and such? Is there an overall one that most people use? I heard kmeaw cfw is half decent as well

3. Which is the best backup manager? Do all of them have to be downloaded on the side? Or for example with the kmeaw cfw is it pre-installed.

4. Is it better to backup games to the ps3 hdd or an external hdd? I have a 1tb hard drive which i can format to FAT32 if need be. I also read that FAT32 has a limit of 4GB per file? - Does this mean i couldnt backup some games if they were larger than this?

5. Is there anything else major i should know? I just want to make sure I can backup all of my ps3 games - I am pretty sure online is out of the question for any games - but yeah does anyone have any program / ps3 jailbreak function which they like using and are happy with. Thanks alot guy

Sorry if these questions are silly / already posted. I looked around first before asking these and just wanted confirmation. Thanks again

1. I bought a slim on 3.41, I didn't think twice about updating to 3.55 then CFW. Still no regrets :y:

2. Choose between either Kmeaw or Rebug. I tried rebug for a while but switched back to Kmeaw so I could data transfer.

3. Either MultiMan, or Gaia Manager (in my opinion).

4. External HDD has the advantage because some games won't boot from the internal HDD. For example, cod4, 5, and 6 all black screen unless they are booted from an external HDD.

5. Not much special, try looking at some homebrew games :y: Enjoy the adventure of jailbreaking, I know I did.
06-16-2011, 10:24 PM #16
Originally posted by chocomonkey321 View Post
1. I bought a slim on 3.41, I didn't think twice about updating to 3.55 then CFW. Still no regrets :y:

2. Choose between either Kmeaw or Rebug. I tried rebug for a while but switched back to Kmeaw so I could data transfer.

3. Either MultiMan, or Gaia Manager (in my opinion).

4. External HDD has the advantage because some games won't boot from the internal HDD. For example, cod4, 5, and 6 all black screen unless they are booted from an external HDD.

5. Not much special, try looking at some homebrew games :y: Enjoy the adventure of jailbreaking, I know I did.

FFS, not again /facepalm

Just stop fiddling with the Rebug Selector and Data Transfer will continue to work, even after fiddling with it all you need to do is change it back to Menu 1 (CEX) stare

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo