01-05-2011, 10:55 AM #1
gola
OVER 9000!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); kakaroto/others
3.55 CFW's(Both are the same file just on different file hosting sites, some say megaupload is faster download)
You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

3.41 CFW: You must login or register to view this content.

Wutangrza 3.55:You must login or register to view this content.

Tutorial:
Rename the downloaded file to PS3UPDAT.PUP.

Create a folder on the root(not already in any folders) of a usb and call it PS3.

Create a folder in the ps3 folder on the usb called UPDATE.

Then copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP into the update folder.

Then put the usb into your ps3, go to system update and update by device or whatever.

For example, I put the PS3UPDAT.PUP in the Folder F:/PS3/UPDATE/

NEW FEATURES IN THIS FIRMWARE:

-Other OS capability

-Save data utility put back in

-Game data utility

-Enables you to install signed .PKG files

PROOF ITS REAL AND FEATURES

Video: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2HIkmpJ-2M[/ame]

PIC by xd366:You must login or register to view this content.

UNTRUE MYTHS ABOUT THIS CFW

MYTH #1 This gets rid of my saves and game data!! Truth:This isn't true, it has save data utility and game data utility there in this new cfw download

MYTH #2 This will brick your PS3. Answer: no this will not brick your PS3, I have done it myself on two ps3s and it works fine.

MYTH #3 Sony can find people with this and ban them. Truth: No they can't, it runs exactly the same as official 3.55.

MYTH #4 You can't go online with this. Truth:You can go online, proof of this is the screenshot provided by xd366 as he's online with the custom firmware.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Q:Whenever I put my usb with the firmware in it doesn't get recognised and says there is No applicable data found?

A: This means your doing something wrong, make sure the ps3 folder is on the root of your USB, for example mine was in F:/PS3/UPDATE if it was like that and doesn't work, then try a different usb device.

Also try this if all that doesn't work:
if your PS3 is still saying "no applicable update data was found" this is what to do,
1. Plug in your USB device with the update on it into a usb slot on the PS3.
2. Turn your PS3 off from the PS button
3. Hold the power button on the PS3 until the PS3 turns off again
4. Once the PS3 turns off again hold the power button until the ps3 beeps twice
5. Now a menu will come up, go to system update
6. Now just do what it tells you to do and it will install the update

Q: Can I host challenge lobbies on 3.55 or higher with this?

A: Not as of yet, you will only be able to do so once a FTP server program and backup manager is signed as official making it usable with CFW so you can put the patches and whatnot onto your PS3.

Q: When I try to run .pkgs, they don't work?

A: This is because they aren't signed as official.

Subscribe to my youtube for all the latest PS3 hacks and homebrewYou must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by gola ; 02-23-2011 at 08:27 AM.

The following 258 users say thank you to gola for this useful post:

_L@ND!NRoCk_, -Blackhawks-, -J-, -Syed-, ツSparky, +Sfx Krush, +vA.LooSe, $oulja, 020king, 3arc, 420, 890popbox, AbdulazizK, ak7, alexfoy1989, Alfa, Alpha, AndrewPS3, ashleycole, Asmel, AsTRoNiuMz, Axiom, balerdoni, Dank, bbk4614, bcb, beryce, BiggStankDogg, bkjf, BLACKUPDATE, bmxrcodol04, Bomb789, bonthan, Brian235026, bryan021794, Budz, Car Lover, chat912, chris48hour, chrisdocherty91, Chrome, CHuRCHYx, club-bomb-shizl, cluckin bell, Clutch Hunterr, cod4 sniperman, Correy, Counter1602, cr1t1c4l1404, CRACKbomber, Creepz, DanGFX, davirus_, davkay70, DEREKTROTTER, Dillon, DnVrDt, Domov, Dr.Fox, Drackos, Dreamcather, Dunkus, Durk, Dylan_Owns, eddydiep, eric15, SweatyMidgets, Extrazior, FatalHackz, FaTbOyOnAbiKe, FM|T xR3PMz, FuzzaMuzza, Galbiy, gerardwayz, Girby2K11, GNDOOOR_KILLER, Gshyne, HecmanHD, Helios, Hells, Heres_Kenny, HomeWorkPS, howigethere, HtD, human193, I'm A Rep Whore, iCoNiic, ihaxgames, iiFaMoUzZ-, iJokaa, ikbengekha, imsokool, ipodtouch44, Irish, Itz_Dylan, ixfor1234, jamal69rr, Jamesyy and 158 other users.
01-05-2011, 03:10 PM #119
Skyl1n3
DO SOMETHING THEN!
Originally posted by Tazox94 View Post
We don't have a signed FTP server yet so you can't edit anything for the moment. You won't need any data transfer because you'll be editing it on the 3.55 ps3 so it will be on that system

Editing? Lol, I just want to put a different patch on my PS3 in like a min, without data transferring :/
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM #120
player82
Do a barrel roll!
I always use this USB to update.
It should come from region...
Or they have just patched it
01-05-2011, 03:14 PM #121
lve_msg
Pokemon Trainer
all I want is free PS3 games & to play PS1/PS2 games 8^) so i'll wait until all of that is up here.
01-05-2011, 03:15 PM #122
4bucks
Keeper
Originally posted by HUYI82 View Post
and i quote

so who is the ignorant one now? there was no need for that outburst, how can you use something that is not even there?

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

we can't install anything atm so you have to wait till we get more signed stuff.

Thank,THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING!

So basically,installing this is completely useless at the moment,because there's absolutely no shit for it.

Ill wait.
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM #123
Rian
Grunt
This odly enough looks like you came into my house sat on my ps3 and my TV and recorded this. We have the same TV and Avatar on ps3. Only difference, I have a FAT. That's weirdEek
01-05-2011, 03:18 PM #124
Tazox94
Are you high?
Originally posted by Skyl1n3 View Post
Editing? Lol, I just want to put a different patch on my PS3 in like a min, without data transferring :/

exactly, editing, or copy and paste, or transfer a new patch.
01-05-2011, 03:20 PM #125
lve_msg
Pokemon Trainer
one question that I haven't seen asked.

I'm sure there will be different CFWs, and I'm wondering when we get signed pkgs and free games.

Will it matter what CFW we have? or will it all be the same since there signed for the PS3?
01-05-2011, 03:22 PM #126
HUYI82
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Rian View Post
This odly enough looks like you came into my house sat on my ps3 and my TV and recorded this. We have the same TV and Avatar on ps3. Only difference, I have a FAT. That's weirdEek

check your stuff mate, he may have robbed you LMAO XD jk

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Originally posted by msg View Post
all I want is free PS3 games & to play PS1/PS2 games 8^) so i'll wait until all of that is up here.

yep, all we can do now is jut wait for more progress.
01-05-2011, 03:24 PM #127
Skyl1n3
DO SOMETHING THEN!
Originally posted by Tazox94 View Post
exactly, editing, or copy and paste, or transfer a new patch.

Oh, well can you transfer a different patch with this CFW?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo