01-27-2011, 08:22 AM #1
NeedaSlutSoon
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NGU Member's i'm going to tell you how to SAFELY update your PS3 to 3.56. In order to do this successfully, Please follow all the pages to your right hand side. Thank's.

[multipage="If you got banned off Black Ops - Read First"]

Credit's to - [xDGx] IttzHazeyMods for Posting

If you where Permanently Banned off of Black Ops because of the 15th Prestige Hack, Follow this thread before continuing -

You must login or register to view this content.
[multipage="Clear Homebrewed Applications"]

Credit's - [M7's] ClutchLikeMelo
Credit's for Download Link - Mr.4:20

US PARAM.SFO File: You must login or register to view this content.
UK PARAM.SFO File: You must login or register to view this content.
US - UK explorer_view.txt File:You must login or register to view this content.

Preparing to Remove HomeBrew Apps (Part 1 of 3) - Renaming FTP Server

Step 1. Put the PARAM.SFO file (I put the param file in the Prevent Sony From Logging You/Files/PARAM/UK or US) somewhere you'll find it

Step 2. Run BlackB0x FTP Server v1.2 on your PS3 while your are signed off

Step 3. Open up the filezilla on your computer

Step 4. Now copy the PARAM.SFO file that I provided to /dev_hdd0/game/BB0011111

Step 5. When it asks to overwrite the file pick yes

Step 6. Now your should be good to go! When you go on your PS3 look at the FTP server, it should be titled Call of Duty: Black Ops now

Preparing to Remove HomeBrew Apps (Part 2 of 3) - Clearing FTP logs.

Step 1. Go to /dev_hdd0 now open the home folder (You should be in /dev_hdd0/home now)

Step 2. Now there should be folders with several zeros and a number at the end. You have to find your account.

Step 3. Find what folder is the psn you on by right clicking on the localusername file in each folder and clicking view/edoit until you see the user that matches your USER name. (NOTE: that the user and PSN account name are different)

Step 4. Once you have found the right user open the folder called etc

Step 5. Now delete the boot_history.dat file

Step 6. Now go to -/dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/

Step 7. Delete game.dat and patch.dat

Step 8. Ok so now that your previous history is cleaned up we will make it so Sony won't get ANY logs of what we're doing at all

Step 9. I have provided you with a explore_view.txt

Step 10. Start your FTP server on your PS3 and open your Filezilla

Step 11. Go into /dev_hdd0/home/000000XX/etc/

Step 12. Delete your current explore_view.txt.

Step 13. Drag and drop the new one and your good to go. That file tells your boot history file what to record, such as, Games, Music, etc. If you open up the .txt file and and remove everything exept the photo lines of code it will no longer record your boot history, only the photos you viewed.

Preparing to Remove HomeBrew Apps (Part 3 of 3) - Clearing your HomeBrewed Applications

Step 1. Go to the "Game" Section on your XMB

Step 2. Go to your First HomeBrew

Step 3. Hit (Triangle) and then Select "Delete" - Then "Yes"

Step 4. Continue Step 3 if you have more then 1 HomeBrew Application

Congradulation's once all your HomeBrew is cleaned you are now ready to Start Updating.

[multipage="Updating Steps"]
Steps:

Step 1. Clear ALL of your Signed Homebrewed Applications off the PS3, Besides they won't work in 3.56. If you don't know how to clear your Signed Homebrew off, go to this part of the Tutorial - You must login or register to view this content.

Step 2. Download this file: You must login or register to view this content. - This is the Offical Firmware (OFW) 3.55 From Sony

Step 3. Create the Files "PS3" on a USB, Then go into that "PS3" Folder and Create another one named "UPDATE" all Caps.

Step 4. Once the file has downloaded completely place the PS3UPDAT.PUP into PS3\UPDATE

Step 5. Take out your USB, and Plug into your PS3.

Step 6. Go to "Settings -> System Update -> Update via Storage Media"

Step 7. Then continue on with the on screen instructions, and Install.

Step 7.5 - For user's using DNS - Go to "Settings -> Network Settings -> Internet Connection Settings -> Easy" and set your Internet back up with no DNS (Using "Easy" disabled the DNS Settings anyways and set's it back to Automatic)

Step 8. Now go to "Settings -> System Update -> Update via Internet"

Step 9. Continue with the Onscreen Instructions and let it install.

Step 10. When it's complete go to your Account and see if you log in. If you do then, Congratulations your not banned

[multipage="Conclusion"]

This will not Brick your System. This will prevent you from getting banned by Sony if you follow these instructions. Don't worry 3.56 CFW should be released soon. Please +Rep if you thought this was useful. Thanks.

[multipage="Credits"]

Please +Rep and Thank's all of these user's for the Wonderful contribution to this thread.

Thread Poster and Information Provider - [*FyC] Imminent Fate

How To Prevent Getting Console Banned - [xDGx] IttzHazeyMods

How to Clear your FTP Log and HomeBrew Signing - [M7's] ClutchLikeMelo

Download Link Provider for ^ (Both UK and US) - Mr.4:20
Last edited by NeedaSlutSoon ; 01-27-2011 at 09:19 AM.

The following 145 users say thank you to NeedaSlutSoon for this useful post:

-Steven-, .NINK., Alt, acklamjoshua, adam9897, AdamSmithx99, Adamâ„¢, Agent Wolf, Agentcell, AgentKing-Botz, ak7, allant, AMDG93, amplif1er, ANT787, AsTRoNiuMz, BeefSneeze, Biggz73, billionk, BooshMayne, BreakFree, Brian235026, celtic3inarow, ChickoStick, Cod-Ultimatum, Cryptic, CuckingFunts, D3SI, Dann101, Danny41294, Danny911, defixer, devils020, dkfallen, Domov, Dr.Fox, DRFT-ii_JOKER, Elder Legendah, EnragedNUKE, EZ., Febreze, FlyingIrishMan, For Realz, Fribz, Galbiy, GAZSYTO, Geigers, GenericWhiteBoy, Goblom, gokugamer, HaXxOnline, HerbalEye, herkGR, HitMarkerHeaven, HolynoodleZ, I'm A Rep Whore, iCoNz, ii-ownaged-iixx, iiHouDiNi, ikbengekha, ILovePie24!!, Insane4gamesman, IW_JOSH, Jakeee, jakeyboy_8597, jan0499, Janne, Jarviis, Jaytech, jrsc1, Justin, kenryan PS3, King033Cr7, Le2Live2Rise, Lofti, Lucy Pinder, m121c, MaJic, Mark00agent, Martins59, mattyboy93, Max21, miken, Monster-Energy, MPGH, Mr. Star, Mr.MoldyOrange, MrJC, mrkhlgt, multikillaz, nick3000, NickDons, noslrac, Omshivam, OPTIMISM, OXx_Cut_xXO, P4NiSh3R, Pablo2010, Potassium and 45 other users.
01-27-2011, 03:45 PM #56
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Originally posted by firerock67 View Post
will someone please make a vid tut of how to clear homebrew apps

/\ --> then delete

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Originally posted by OPTIMISM View Post
I got permabanned from Black Ops.
I can still sign in though.
Game sucks anyway.

right on :bro:
01-27-2011, 04:11 PM #57
qwerew
Member Of The Pewdiepie Bro Army
Thanks for this thread!!!
01-27-2011, 04:21 PM #58
millapepe
Little One
Do you recommend I remove the "Game" section of the explorer_view.txt file???????????? For future CFW and homebrew???

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Originally posted by CHEWKEYS View Post
will be alright if i update to 3.56 on my ps3 and on my jailbroken i leave it @ 3.55 and never go online again? will it still be fine if i use homebrew online without getting tracked? please reply

You cant even sign in to your PSN without updating... You might b able to do it now with the DNS glitch but thats getting fixed by today or tomorrow

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Originally posted by CHEWKEYS View Post
will be alright if i update to 3.56 on my ps3 and on my jailbroken i leave it @ 3.55 and never go online again? will it still be fine if i use homebrew online without getting tracked? please reply

You cant even sign in to your PSN without updating... You might b able to do it now with the DNS glitch but thats getting fixed by today or tomorrow
01-27-2011, 04:22 PM #59
AMNE
Big Daddy
why all those steps to clear history if just use the hombrew app (its called wipe history) to delete your history. much faster
Last edited by AMNE ; 01-27-2011 at 04:25 PM.
01-27-2011, 04:23 PM #60
Screw this I download the 3.55 and I got corrupt data error >:( just gonna update straight from kmeaw to 3.56 lol wish me luck
01-27-2011, 04:25 PM #61
Shieldsy
I <3 Feeder.
Ahhhhh so we can't use the FTP's for the moment after this update? Smile
01-27-2011, 04:35 PM #62
NeedaSlutSoon
Vault dweller
Originally posted by greens
Please reply, when you said i delete all the homebrews, do i even delete FTP Server?

Yes, you delete your FTP server, because it won't work in 3.56

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Originally posted by DarloDude9 View Post
Ahhhhh so we can't use the FTP's for the moment after this update? Smile

Nope, you can't. But there will be a new CFW soon.
01-27-2011, 04:37 PM #63
Hack2win
Pokemon Trainer
nice tutorial
01-27-2011, 04:50 PM #64
NeedaSlutSoon
Vault dweller
Originally posted by LiveLifeMusic View Post
ok what im banned on black ops(nub acc) but not on my main account..couldnt i delete the account?

Yes, Delete the account, and Black Ops Patch and your Black Ops Saves

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Originally posted by treyb14 View Post
Couldn't you just use eraseme or wipe history for preparing to remove homebrew 2/3

No, because you want to replace your explorer_view.txt so it not longer can record any Jailbreak Attempt.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Originally posted by game1231 View Post
I went off CFW without deleting history, im ****ed now or?

Kind of, If Sony get's around to reading what homebrew you used, your going to get perma-ban.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo