Post: PS3 CFW LOST OLD HDD SO INSERTED A NEW ONE TODAY NOW IM GETTING THE SYSTEM SOFTWARE COULD NOT BE RUN PROPERLY
04-11-2019, 01:39 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So hey there I lost my hdd for my ps3 cfw CECH 2003A Slim so today inserted a brand new hdd now I'm getting the system software cannot be correctly press the ps button to try and restart the system

if the system cannot be restarted you must reinstall system software.

Connect storage media that contains update data of version 2.70 or later and then press the start and select buttons at the same time

so I did this but everything I press start and select I get "checking please wait" then it says "ps3 cfw no applicabe update data was found"

I've put 3.55 on a fat32 usb

I hope someone can help me please I've been trying to fix this for over 6 hours
Last edited by Recoveringarmy ; 04-11-2019 at 01:41 PM.
07-03-2019, 07:07 PM #2
1reyalp
Little One
i have the same problem have you fixed this yet
07-03-2019, 07:08 PM #3
1reyalp
Little One
Originally posted by Recoveringarmy View Post
So hey there I lost my hdd for my ps3 cfw CECH 2003A Slim so today inserted a brand new hdd now I'm getting the system software cannot be correctly press the ps button to try and restart the system

Connect storage media that contains update data of version 2.70 or later and then press the start and select buttons at the same time

so I did this but everything I press start and select I get "checking please wait" then it says "ps3 cfw no applicabe update data was found"

having the same issue have you figured it out yet
07-04-2019, 08:01 PM #4
Shadow
Banned
Originally posted by 1reyalp View Post
So hey there I lost my hdd for my ps3 cfw CECH 2003A Slim so today inserted a brand new hdd now I'm getting the system software cannot be correctly press the ps button to try and restart the system

Aye man you need to reinstall the same firmware that you had on before that should solve the issue for you like if you are on rebug 4.84 dex then you have to install rebug 4.84 dex usb PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
07-08-2019, 06:19 PM #5
1reyalp
Little One
Originally posted by Shadow View Post

Aye man you need to reinstall the same firmware that you had on before that should solve the issue for you like if you are on rebug 4.84 dex then you have to install rebug 4.84 dex usb PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

what if i dont remember what fw i was on Sad Awesome i try to install 4.78 i think this is what i was on but it says no applicable update data was found
Last edited by 1reyalp ; 07-08-2019 at 06:32 PM.
07-08-2019, 07:57 PM #6
Shadow
Banned

what if i dont remember what fw i was on Sad Awesome i try to install 4.78 i think this is what i was on but it says no applicable update data was found

possibly renamed incorrect PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP also could still be wrong firmware which is important to have the same firmware
Last edited by Shadow ; 07-08-2019 at 07:58 PM.
07-09-2019, 02:31 PM #7
1reyalp
Little One

possibly renamed incorrect PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP also could still be wrong firmware which is important to have the same firmware

its named correct what do i do if i dont know the fw
07-09-2019, 07:24 PM #8
Cecil2016
Elite MODS

Running Cex or Dex?
https://archive.midnightchannel.net/SonyPS/Firmware/?cat=dex
Go here for all firmware!
If it is CEX download 3.55 CEX and if it is DEX download 3.55 DEX!
Last edited by Cecil2016 ; 07-09-2019 at 08:02 PM.
07-10-2019, 11:18 AM #9
Shadow
Banned

not totally sure i will look around and find you an answer
08-04-2019, 02:41 AM #10
1reyalp
Little One

not totally sure i will look around and find you an answer

i just had to download a bunch of fw and try em all finaly got it thanks for your help

The following user thanked 1reyalp for this useful post:

Shadow

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo