Post: Do I need to buy Xploder for savesets marked Xploder?
07-26-2020, 07:50 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The most n00bish question I could ask, sorry; plenty of savesets on ngu that Id love to use, but lots of them have the XPLODER: mark in their title. Does this mean I have to own xploder to use them or does it mean that these saves were simply made with xploder and I can get away with only resigning them?
07-27-2020, 01:35 AM #2
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by AlpineAlps View Post
The most n00bish question I could ask, sorry; plenty of savesets on ngu that Id love to use, but lots of them have the XPLODER: mark in their title. Does this mean I have to own xploder to use them or does it mean that these saves were simply made with xploder and I can get away with only resigning them?

I'm less familiar with the PS3 saves, but I would think any PS3 save game resigner would work with PS3 saves. This is the big thing you would need to watch out for, though: Some of the PS3 saves are marked CFW. Others are marked OFW (some might not say one way or the other). Unless you have a jailbroken PS3, then stick to the OFW (official firmware) saves. Xploder, as far as I'm aware, works on a standard PS3, same as Bruteforce Save Data with which I'm more familiar.

Looking at the threads you've replied to, I see a AC4 thread, PS3 version. Xploder for PS3 should work fine for that. So should Bruteforce Save Data, which again, I'm more familiar with. It's free. We have a tutorial around here somewhere. This is a good one:
You must login or register to view this content.

I also see you replied to a PS4 thread, a Yakuza Kiwami one (great game! and great thread! I haven't played AC4 or I would probably say the same I'm sure). For that, you would need Save Wizard, which you would need to pay for. I'l reply to you on that thread regarding Save Wizard.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

AlpineAlps
07-27-2020, 08:22 AM #3
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

Thank you for your elaborate answer, both here and on the Yakuza Kiwami thread: this is a pretty big relief to hear! I've previously used Bruteforce, but only for games that didn't have the xploder tag! Figured I would ask and I'm very glad I did now!

Yes, I'm a huge fan of Yakuza and will certainly try to platinum it legit but I have a feeling mister master (pool for Haruka's requests) might trip me up for Kiwami despite having gotten 3, 4, and 5's platinums legit. Will give it my best shot but I may just have to grab save wizard from amazon lol

Again, thank you very much, this is really helpful to know!
Last edited by AlpineAlps ; 07-27-2020 at 08:25 AM.
07-27-2020, 03:54 PM #4
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by AlpineAlps View Post
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

Thank you for your elaborate answer, both here and on the Yakuza Kiwami thread: this is a pretty big relief to hear! I've previously used Bruteforce, but only for games that didn't have the xploder tag! Figured I would ask and I'm very glad I did now!

Yes, I'm a huge fan of Yakuza and will certainly try to platinum it legit but I have a feeling mister master (pool for Haruka's requests) might trip me up for Kiwami despite having gotten 3, 4, and 5's platinums legit. Will give it my best shot but I may just have to grab save wizard from amazon lol

Again, thank you very much, this is really helpful to know!

No problem at all. Happy to help. Like I said, I'm less familiar with the PS3 saves and this section is less active than the PS4 section these days, so if you find out differently - meaning if you find that threads with Xploder tags just don't work with BSD - please let me know. It's never too late for me to learn something. I was much less active in the site in the PS3 days.

I haven't done 3, 4 or 5 yet but for me, Kiwami was my favorite between that, 0 and 2. Since you're EU, if I recall, again it would be worth checking the EU Kiwami threads to see if there's a Haruka save. I went through a playthrough on Kiwami in easiest difficulty, nabbing everything I could except for a few things. I used that US saveset for the Haruka trophy, hand-in-hand if I recall but no need, Legend difficulty (note that your profile save needs to have registered that the game has been saved at least once on Legend prior to beating it on Legend, or you can just beat it to unlock Legend and keep that same profile save), climax battles, and the 100 percent trophy. That 's generally how I approach the Yakuza series, doing things at least once but not ad nauseum, doing all substories (including all minigame storylines), and using saves to clean up the rest.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

AlpineAlps

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo