07-10-2014, 07:15 PM #1
gtaresponder
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey i have a cfw ps3 with a broken laser and I have ofw that works fine they are both slim but the cfw is 2101b and the ofw is 3001a is there anyway I can swap blu ray players or something to get my cfw playing disc?
07-10-2014, 08:58 PM #2
Respect_Cartman
Maggbot timeout!
So you need a CFW that bypasses drive and still let you run all the homebrew?
07-10-2014, 09:15 PM #3
dodggy
Haxor!
i had the same problem before but my problem was that the ribboncables are not the same so basicly u have to check it i think
07-10-2014, 09:17 PM #4
Respect_Cartman
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by dodggy View Post
i had the same problem before but my problem was that the ribboncables are not the same so basicly u have to check it i think

You can solve bluray issue by installing a cfw with bluray bypass or switching to DEX. This way you can use your console and not worry about black screens...

The following user thanked Respect_Cartman for this useful post:

dodggy
07-10-2014, 09:21 PM #5
dodggy
Haxor!
ok so if u install a cfw with bluray bypass do u need the bluray drive ? because i cant put a 3001 model bluray in the 2504a it doesnt fit and what cfw got the bypass ? im on cex btw
07-14-2014, 07:28 PM #6
gtaresponder
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Cartman View Post
So you need a CFW that bypasses drive and still let you run all the homebrew?

No I've rebuilt the console several times following instructions and I had it looked at a gaming console repair store here where I live and it's the laser it doesn't read disc all the homebrews and stuff run fine and everything is normal just can't read disc
07-15-2014, 02:03 AM #7
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by gtaresponder View Post
No I've rebuilt the console several times following instructions and I had it looked at a gaming console repair store here where I live and it's the laser it doesn't read disc all the homebrews and stuff run fine and everything is normal just can't read disc

If you really want to get your cfw ps3 drive working you can swap the laser from your ofw to your cfw.

They both have the same KES-450A laser.. or you could just buy a new laser & install it..
07-15-2014, 02:24 AM #8
gtaresponder
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by DIRTY
If you really want to get your cfw ps3 drive working you can swap the laser from your ofw to your cfw.

They both have the same KES-450A laser.. or you could just buy a new laser & install it..

Thanks a lot I figured they didn't have the same laser
07-15-2014, 03:24 AM #9
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by gtaresponder View Post
Thanks a lot I figured they didn't have the same laser

I'm saying they >Awesome faceO< have the same laser but the drives are different
07-15-2014, 04:01 AM #10
gtaresponder
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by DIRTY
I'm saying they >Awesome faceO< have the same laser but the drives are different

Thanks a lot man!!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo