10-19-2014, 08:29 AM #1
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I have two PS3 slims, One is a 160gb and the other is I think a 250gb.
The first one turns on but nothing on the screen. I tried resetting the signal and tried AV and HDMI but nothing worked. Also for a moment it went green for two seconds then turned off. Now it is working again but I'm unsure if it is an internal fault or GLOD.
The other Slim turns on for 1 seconds then all lights disappear and then you see a red light. PS3 on Standby, Red Light, sensor/button pressed, brief Green Light, no lights, Red Light - Internal Component Failure(Similar to YLOD). I also saw a yellow light only once after I was trying several times to switch it on.
Both consoles do fan tests without a problem so would the problems be on the motherboard for both? Both consoles are missing hard drives and I tried hard drives in both of them but it made no difference.
11-05-2014, 03:57 AM #11
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
If it shows a yellow light it is most likely the CPU or GPU.
Check if all the ribbon cables are plugged in properly, even unplug and re-plug them.
Do a fan test by holding the eject button and then putting the cord in.
11-08-2014, 12:06 AM #12
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
Reflowed the one that had GLOD and now it works fine but found out it was missing 2 screws for the Blu ray driver mechanism so it wouldn't load discs as the mechanism was on an angle and not symmetrically lined with the gears. The other console I will Reflow soon and see if It fixes anything. I'm still unsure on that model if it is the power supply or the motherboard causing the problems. At the moment I think I'll just Reflow it because I have a strong feeling that it is the motherboard.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo