11-09-2014, 08:29 AM #1
dussdave
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a problem with my ps3 40gb fat it has a very loud noise and I have already replaced the thermo paste and the problem is not gone yet. can someone help me ?? ;(
I am pritty sad now D=
11-09-2014, 08:32 AM #2
KAOSxGaming
At least I can fight
Originally posted by dussdave View Post
I have a problem with my ps3 40gb fat it has a very loud noise and I have already replaced the thermo paste and the problem is not gone yet. can someone help me ?? ;(
I am pritty sad now D=

It is possible you added to much or little, also did you replace the paste under the chips? and what paste did you use?
11-09-2014, 08:43 AM #3
If you are getting this loud fan noise after installing a custom firmware just disable the fan control option and you should be good to go..
11-09-2014, 08:59 AM #4
dussdave
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by KAOSxGaming View Post
It is possible you added to much or little, also did you replace the paste under the chips? and what paste did you use?

No i didn't replace it under the chips.
because that is imposible.
that is where those balls perched
11-09-2014, 09:02 AM #5
dussdave
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by dinourx7 View Post
If you are getting this loud fan noise after installing a custom firmware just disable the fan control option and you should be good to go..

What do you mean with fan control option ??
(I have jailbreak)
11-09-2014, 09:02 AM #6
KAOSxGaming
At least I can fight

Not literally under the chips dude but you can remove the cpu and gpu chip where you should replace the thermal paste to
11-09-2014, 09:02 AM #7
QATAR♛
Error… Cat invasion!
Its ok, I have that just have an Air conditioner near it, it should reduce the noise.
11-09-2014, 09:03 AM #8
KAOSxGaming
At least I can fight
Originally posted by QATAR
Its ok, I have that just have an Air conditioner near it, it should reduce the noise.

lmao it is getting to be winter soon though so it will be cold Shiver
11-09-2014, 09:20 AM #9
dussdave
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by KAOSxGaming View Post
lmao it is getting to be winter soon though so it will be cold Shiver

I would make a hole in my ps3? under that fan so more air can come in. :drank:
11-09-2014, 12:21 PM #10

KAOS is right, it's not impossible. He means remove the IHS (Internal Heat Spreaders.)
The metal plates you see aren't actually part of the chips, they are just sheets of metal pressed on top of each of the chips to disperse the heat across a wider area. There are videos online on how to remove them, however it can be a little tricky. You may need a heat gun to loosen the dried up paste underneath.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo