12-17-2014, 10:16 AM #1
Gamerneil
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi Guys!!! Thanks for checking this thread, hope you will be able to help me with my dilemma.

OK, So I've recently started playing my PS3 Slim, I've just updated it to 4.66 OFW a couple weeks ago.
Now, after a couple of days, my PS3 started acting weird, I turned it on and a few seconds later it turned off, with its red light blinking, so I panicked a bit and searched on google, and it showed that it's the yellow light of death. However, I haven't seen a yellow light coming from it yet, and I can only open in safe mode, after that, it will on/off normally, if it's still plugged in. Next day it still blinks red at first try, but will open on/off normally after opening it through safe mode. I don't what causes this, if its due to dust(since I haven't touched it in months cause of college) so can someone help me, hopefully it's not dead yet, it's gonna be a sad Christmas without it.

Thanks for reading, hoping that you can help me
12-17-2014, 06:23 PM #2
Sounds like you might have a bad hdd or maybe try installing the 4.66 ofw again from recovery mode and see if that fixes the problem,other then that it would have me stumped aswell.Hope you get it back up and running because xmas without a working cfw is bad :(
12-17-2014, 06:25 PM #3
i forgot only other thing i could think of is maybe the thermal paste is dryed out and needs replacing.Which would be a cheap fix.
12-19-2014, 12:45 AM #4
Gamerneil
Save Point
Originally posted by BodyDamage View Post
Sounds like you might have a bad hdd or maybe try installing the 4.66 ofw again from recovery mode and see if that fixes the problem,other then that it would have me stumped aswell.Hope you get it back up and running because xmas without a working cfw is bad :(

Thanks, I'll try installing the update again if that works, I use the PC method(where usb is used to update) because I have no net where the PS3 is located, and what do you mean by "bad hdd" sorry for the question I'm not an expert on stuff like those :(
12-21-2014, 03:10 PM #5
He means the hard drive (storage device) could be in some way, physically or virtually, damaged. Though, hard drive issues don't usually present themselves as an RLOD, you'll usually get a 'system cannot start' error message.

My guess would be some form of overheating, though the fact it turns on normally if you load safe mode leads me to believe I may be wrong.

Try re installing the firmware as the other guy suggested. If that doesn't work, its always worth taking it apart and checking for dust, then re-applying the thermal paste. If all that fails, I'm afraid your console may be breathing it's last.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo