04-15-2015, 02:06 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My issue: PS3 turns on but the XMB does not load nor does it allow me to even select a user.
How the issue occurred: Happened randomly one day.
I have tried to fix my issue with: Restored file system (about 3 days) and then stopped working. Formatted the HDD and that showed no results so I went out and bought a new HDD to see if that was the problem and the XMB still did not load afer installing the new one.

The PS3 I have is a 60gb PHAT CECHa01 NOT CFW (running official firmware) Backwards compatible.
04-15-2015, 02:08 PM #2
Exploited
Award Winner
Originally posted by Geigers View Post
My issue: PS3 turns on but the XMB does not load nor does it allow me to even select a user.
I have tried to fix my issue with: Restored file system (about 3 days) and then stopped working. Formatted the HDD and that showed no results so I went out and bought a new HDD to see if that was the problem and the XMB still did not load afer installing the new one.

The PS3 I have is a 60gb PHAT CECHa01 NOT CFW (running official firmware) Backwards compatible.

have you tried going inot recovery mode and re installing your firmware? almost positive it will be fine aftrwards

The following user thanked Exploited for this useful post:

Geigers
04-15-2015, 02:09 PM #3
Ellis
Gym leader
My issue: PS3 turns on but the XMB does not load nor does it allow me to even select a user.

Try this, I did it a few years back when my PS3 fucked up. Hopefully it still works.

The following user thanked Ellis for this useful post:

Geigers
04-15-2015, 02:11 PM #4
Originally posted by Exploited View Post
have you tried going inot recovery mode and re installing your firmware? almost positive it will be fine aftrwards

I will try that right now. Will let you know the results once I have tried it.
04-15-2015, 02:11 PM #5
Exploited
Award Winner
I will try that right now. Will let you know the results once I have tried it.

Ok im almost positive thats all it is
04-15-2015, 02:12 PM #6
Originally posted by Ellis View Post
Try this, I did it a few years back when my PS3 fucked up. Hopefully it still works.

I've tried this and no luck with it working but thank you anyway.

The following user thanked Geigers for this useful post:

Ellis
04-15-2015, 02:40 PM #7
Something isn't right here.. because you said you tried a new hard disk. obviously it would have forced you to install the firmware again just by switching it on. yet, you are yet to try installing firmware...

im confused with this.

so its leaving me to think that your ps3 is dead - but you can get into recovery mode, must mean you have a bad flash.

now for a solution, are you saying you are running OFW 3.55?
04-15-2015, 03:18 PM #8
Originally posted by Exploited View Post
Ok im almost positive thats all it is

No luck with this but thank you
04-15-2015, 03:20 PM #9
Originally posted by privateuser3250 View Post
Something isn't right here.. because you said you tried a new hard disk. obviously it would have forced you to install the firmware again just by switching it on. yet, you are yet to try installing firmware...

im confused with this.

so its leaving me to think that your ps3 is dead - but you can get into recovery mode, must mean you have a bad flash.

now for a solution, are you saying you are running OFW 3.55?

It's running 4.70 I do not use this ps3 to mod at all, I am receiving the error code 8002F1F9 and i looked that up and people say it could possibly be a bad wifi/blue tooth chip
04-15-2015, 03:31 PM #10
Sen
:usa: :usa:

Are you able to enter the recovery mode? If so, did you try to restore the ps3?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo