Post: Ps3 broken power slot please help this is on board the slot next to the blu ray drive
12-18-2015, 06:11 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was cleaning my ps3 and putting it back together .. when i accidentally snap off my power slot now i have no idea on how to fix this or whats the actual name of the piece that is broken im looking for someone who can help me fix this issue i can buy everything that is needed to fix this issue here is a picture of how it looks my plans is to
Resolder it using wires instead of trying to put the slot directly back on board so anyone who have know please help me thanks ...
12-18-2015, 06:13 PM #2
I post the link below guys so u can get the idea of what im going thru ... im in need of this console tobe repair it was agift and i screwed it upi feel so bad..
Last edited by ps3broke ; 12-18-2015 at 06:19 PM.
12-18-2015, 06:17 PM #3
You must login or register to view this content.
12-18-2015, 06:44 PM #4
Originally posted by ps3broke View Post

well by the looks of things, it was ripped off and tore the pads from the board.... the pic is too blurry to to see the fine traces, take another pic and try to get it clearer, with a little skill and a solder iron you can tap into the circuit further down, but you gotta send a clearer pic so i can decipher what is what
12-18-2015, 11:18 PM #5

Here are 3 pics of how it currently is i hope this can be clear if not let me know and ill try to retake picture again
12-19-2015, 12:56 PM #6
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie

It looks like you've ripped the traces of the Mother Board (MB)... if it's not too bad you can fix the traces you would need a soldering iron. Or you could take it to a shop for it to be repaired, you could also check Yotube on how to fix this problem.
12-19-2015, 01:42 PM #7
ive already checked everywhere on YouTube still nothing i checked thru some old forums also nothing if anyone have updated video or link with total guide ill follow it
12-19-2015, 03:53 PM #8
I was cleaning my ps3 and putting it back together .. when i accidentally snap off my power slot now i have no idea on how to fix this or whats the actual name of the piece that is broken im looking for someone who can help me fix this issue i can buy everything that is needed to fix this issue here is a picture of how it looks my plans is to
Resolder it using wires instead of trying to put the slot directly back on board so anyone who have know please help me thanks ...

Moved into questions and support since this isn't software modification related directly in any immediate way.
12-20-2015, 11:13 PM #9
jeybe
Haxor!
you have properly fucked that. youre going to need to use patch wire to fix it, by patching to the nearest place that still has metal. this is all assuming youve not also torn off a load of smd's too
12-20-2015, 11:21 PM #10
jeybe
Haxor!
after comparing with a dyn-001 board diagram I can say that there are no components damaged and there appears to be connection points for the pins left on the board , it should be repairable. you will have to solder short patch wires and glue the connector to the board.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo