07-13-2010, 01:23 PM #1
Shebang
Bring back the smileys!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); For PS3:

You must login or register to view this content.

PC:

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Shebang ; 07-13-2010 at 01:29 PM.
07-16-2010, 01:30 PM #11
Cooler
Supreme
Originally posted by egal123 View Post
You have to completely delete the patch now for this to work. Put the save file in, and start up the game. When it starts, if it asks to download patch, press O. Make sure that in the bottom, it says "Loading - Story Complete". Play around for a couple minutes and GET A TROPHY. Save and exit. Start up the game and when it asks to download patch, press X and let it do it's thing. I did this on my friend's PS3 (Because it worked for me without doing this) and it worked.

Go into more detail please.
07-16-2010, 02:50 PM #12
You have to completely delete the patch now for this to work. Put the save file in, and start up the game. When it starts, if it asks to download patch, press O. Make sure that in the bottom, it says "Loading - Story Complete". Play around for a couple minutes and GET A TROPHY. Save and exit. Start up the game and when it asks to download patch, press X and let it do it's thing. I did this on my friend's PS3 (Because it worked for me without doing this) and it worked.

so do just play around for it to get a trophy or do you do a task that will usually get u a trophy? Also what trophies did you get from doing this an does it matter if we have the dlc or not?
07-16-2010, 05:42 PM #13
Shebang
Bring back the smileys!
Originally posted by Cooler View Post
Go into more detail please.

Originally posted by dog69 View Post
so do just play around for it to get a trophy or do you do a task that will usually get u a trophy? Also what trophies did you get from doing this an does it matter if we have the dlc or not?

Basically go into Game Data Utility, and then delete the one that is at GTA 4. This will not ruin your progress. Put the savegame on a USB drive and copy it into the save data utility. Follow the other instructions and to get the first trophy, all you have to do is complete the first mission to get the "Off The Boat" trophy.
07-16-2010, 06:02 PM #14
Basically go into Game Data Utility, and then delete the one that is at GTA 4. This will not ruin your progress. Put the savegame on a USB drive and copy it into the save data utility. Follow the other instructions and to get the first trophy, all you have to do is complete the first mission to get the "Off The Boat" trophy.

so by doing this you get what other trophies?
07-16-2010, 06:05 PM #15
Shebang
Bring back the smileys!
Originally posted by dog69 View Post
so by doing this you get what other trophies?

By doing this it just allows you to get the trophies without them being disabled, and it makes it a lot easier to get them if you have the story completed.
07-16-2010, 06:11 PM #16
skillz369
< ^ > < ^ >
so do you get the 100% complete trophy? and the other trophies you would get from beating the game?
07-16-2010, 06:16 PM #17
allenlmf
Do a barrel roll!
thanks for sharing!!
07-16-2010, 07:10 PM #18
I want to know what skillz369 is true and if it would get u those trophies
07-16-2010, 08:28 PM #19
Default Avatar
jonzi9
So let me get this right...

Delete the game data so that the game is back to version 1.00 (i.e. pre-trophy patch), then skip the screen that asks you to download the update, then when the game starts it loads the "Story Complete" save. Then go to start a new game, and go through the procedure for getting the "Off The Boat" trophy?

And then, quit the game, start it again and install the patch?

Just that I can't see how this could possibly work when the game in its original state (pre-patch) didn't support trophies to begin with. :confused:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo