01-12-2011, 06:17 AM #1
Fierceknucks
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I don't care if this is leaking, been posted or just plain common sense. I'm posting it as a tutorial for the noobs.
Plus there are rumors that people are going to be/are getting banned for running CFWS.
Not trying to create hysteria, but that's the word on the street.

This is to help anyone who is worried about getting banned because they are running CFW's.

Follow the same steps as you did to install the CFW, only switch the CFW updat.ps3 with You must login or register to view this content. from playstation.com.

For those of you who don't know, you download the file, and put it onto a usb gigstick/thumbdrive/whatever you want to call it in this format:

F:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Then just put the gigstick in your ps3, goto system update, and update via USB DEVICE, NOT INTERNET.
Please Note: you may or may not have to do the update in SAFE MODE. Apparently you must use an actual usb gigstick, PSP's or other "mass storage devices" don't work. (APPARENTLY)
If you get an error when trying to update via storage device that says: "No applicable update found"
then you need to do it in safe mode. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU MAY HAVE HEARD, SAFE MODE DOES NOT RESET YOUR PS3!!!
You must login or register to view this content.

Here's some important information:
YOUR APPS AND PATCHES STAY ON YOUR PS3 AFTER YOU GO BACK TO OFW 3.55.[/u]
That's right, they do! The only thing that you lose is the ability to install packages.:(

This means:
FTP still works
Patches still work (you can still host lobbies)
Awesome File Manager Works for some, not for others.

So if you're worried about getting banned for CFW, go back to OFW. It's very easy to do, and there's no ill side effects.

======================================Update================================

So apparently some people are having problems doing this on european ps3s. I do not know why though.

Samberg has explained to be that Awesome File Manger did not change his patch after he went back to OFW :(

Apparently the best thing to do is get Black-Box FTP. Run it OFFLINE, and Delete your boot history
Here is a helpful link on that subject: You must login or register to view this content.

Now, since everyone has bitched and moaned that I didn't just link a previous thread that was posted about this
in the notice, I'm going to link all of the ones I can find on the subject here:

ok I can't find any others now? If you posted a thread about this previously, PM it to me, and I'll put it in here.
Last edited by Fierceknucks ; 01-16-2011 at 03:08 AM.

The following 48 users say thank you to Fierceknucks for this useful post:

1035AMC, Adamâ„¢, AgentKing-Botz, AgentSexyPig, Alex, Alpha, arab707, cluckin bell, Connor, Cooler, Cpt.S, Cryptic, davirus_, DieSchnelle_, dowdy10, DVNModz.com, Extractz92, Fail, Finkeh, firepanda11, Fribz, FuzzaMuzza, game1231, helpmeoprah, HomelandSec, iamdadutchpride, The Epic, Kakashii, lmg123, Lucy Pinder, Night Wolf, Omamori69Himari, Pimp, River J, Suxh4rd2bu, the stuff, TheBigRod, ThisIsBio, Tom1210, tomstyle, Tony_xMUFCx, vSaBoTeuR x, Waterguy469, WolvezWarrior, x2SiK-xViiBeZz, x3D, xMagiik
01-14-2011, 01:51 AM #74
Fierceknucks
Former Staff
First post updated, please read it.
01-14-2011, 06:40 AM #75
Is it still impossible to get CFW from OFW 3.55 ?
01-14-2011, 05:24 PM #76
Any new on how to return to OFW on european ps3 consoles? ive tried from xmb & safe mode but no joy, ive also cleaned logs on all my users jus as a precaution. let us know. cheers!
01-14-2011, 07:25 PM #77
Scarrednorth
Save Point
Im still using file manager on 3.55 ofw no problem
01-14-2011, 10:03 PM #78
Howdoh
NextGenHoward.
This is great for those people that are worried about being banned or other action being taken, yet some people choose to 'stealth' rather than go back to the OFW.
01-15-2011, 02:26 AM #79
nice tut ,i can go back to ofw,do you guys think in the ps3 stay some thing ilegal?
01-15-2011, 06:22 AM #80
Originally posted by another user
Awesome File Manager Does Not Work

Really? Cuz it seems to work just fine on my OFW PS3
01-16-2011, 01:33 AM #81
Originally posted by Knucks View Post

Awesome File Manager DOES NOT WORK

It worked for me. Would show proof, but I deleted it.
01-16-2011, 03:07 AM #82
Fierceknucks
Former Staff
Originally posted by GRP
It worked for me. Would show proof, but I deleted it.

You're right I need to edit the post. It works for some people and not for others. Works for me in fact.

The following user thanked Fierceknucks for this useful post:

GRP Spartan 983

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo