05-04-2011, 11:53 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user
BOSTON — Sony has hired outside investigators to help clean up its networks and catch the people behind a massive security breach that exposed the personal data of more than 100 million video game users.

Sony, the Japanese electronics giant, has retained a team from Data Forte, which is led by a former special agent with the U.S. Naval Criminal Investigative Service, to work alongside agents from the F.B.I., who are also looking into the matter.

Sony said Tuesday that it had also hired cybersecurity detectives from Guidance Software and consultants from Protiviti, a subsidiary of Robert Half International that specializes in assessing risks.

Officials with Sony and the three companies did not respond to requests for information about the investigation. Agents with the F.B.I. have said little about the matter, except that they are looking into the breach of data, which might include some credit card numbers.

Sony also said that it had hired the law firm Baker & McKenzie to help it with the investigation.

Senator Richard Blumenthal, Democrat of Connecticut, asked Sony in a letter to clarify the number of compromised credit card accounts and requested a detailed timeline outlining what the company knew about what was stolen and when it was known.

Mr. Blumenthal said he would ask Eric H. Holder Jr., the U.S. attorney general, to investigate the matter and check whether Sony’s subsequent handling of the breach would make it civilly or criminally liable.

On Monday, Sony said its Sony Online Entertainment network had been exposed to hackers, in an incident related to the massive break-in of its separate PlayStation video game network.

The PlayStation Network lets the owners of video game consoles download games and play against friends. The Sony Online Entertainment network hosts games like EverQuest and Free Realms, which are played over the Internet.

Sony said late Monday that the names, addresses, e-mail addresses, birth dates, phone numbers and other information from 24.6 million Sony Online Entertainment accounts might have been stolen from its servers, as well as from an outdated database from 2007.

On April 26, Sony said a hacker attack on the PlayStation Network had led to the theft of data from 77 million user accounts.

On Tuesday, a Toronto law firm opened a proposed class-action suit against Sony seeking 1 billion Canadian dollars, or $1.05 billion, for breach of privacy, naming Natasha Maksimovic, a 21-year-old PlayStation user from Mississauga, Ontario, as lead plaintiff.

The damages would cover the cost of credit monitoring services and fraud insurance for two years, the firm, McPhadden Samac Tuovi, said in a statement.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
05-05-2011, 12:01 AM #2
likoth
Gym leader
nice thread but i do recall reading this before but its cool maybe others havnt
05-05-2011, 12:01 AM #3
good post sony needs to do something cuz everyone is gonna wanna sue them
05-05-2011, 12:03 AM #4
likoth
Gym leader
Originally posted by STR8bLaStIn713 View Post
good post sony needs to do something cuz everyone is gonna wanna sue them

i really hope people don't sue the shit out of Sony like if mad people do that would be selfish as hell
05-05-2011, 12:08 AM #5
Originally posted by likoth View Post
i really hope people don't sue the shit out of Sony like if mad people do that would be selfish as hell

i know theres some guy in alabama thats sue sony and probably others
05-05-2011, 12:09 AM #6
F-WiekSon
U MAD BRO?
Hmm, altho u have much +rep and people hate to say this i guess, but this has been posted before.

The girl that tries to make money
Sony that is useing other firms to catch hackers...
05-05-2011, 12:10 AM #7
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
05-05-2011, 12:11 AM #8
likoth
Gym leader
Originally posted by STR8bLaStIn713 View Post
i know theres some guy in alabama thats sue sony and probably others

yea bec there fagots and need to get a life and a job instead of looking for the perfect opportunity to strike it rich by sueing Sony for this they prob don't even own a Ps3 lol
05-05-2011, 12:15 AM #9
Originally posted by likoth View Post
yea bec there fagots and need to get a life and a job instead of looking for the perfect opportunity to strike it rich by sueing Sony for this they prob don't even own a Ps3 lol

right he probably doesn't even own 1

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo