05-13-2011, 02:27 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); To be available this Weekend

Source : You must login or register to view this content.

As promised, the PlayStation Network was not restored last week. Due to unforeseen circumstances Sony had to delay the re-launch for a later date. It was heavily speculated that the PSN would not return until the 31st of May, but Sony were quick to debunk those rumors and released their own press statement which hinted at the PlayStation Network returning this weekend.

I know that a lot of you may not have any faith in Sony’s last press statement that reveals that they expect the service to partially return within a few days from the 10th of May, but I honestly believe that they cannot afford a repeat of last week and will re-launch the PlayStation Network this weekend. PlayStation 3 owners have missed the opportunity to enjoy Portal 2,Mortal Kombat, and BRINK to their fullest extend because of the outage, and with the Duke Nukem Forever demo and L.A Noire just around the corner it is paramount for Sony to have the network back up and running this weekend.

Reassurement

I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored. At this time, I can’t give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process.

A few days from the 10th means that the service should be expected to be live by Friday or Saturday this week. However, due to the severity of the breach, Sony will only be partially launching their PlayStation Network service. What does that mean? Well, don’t worry, you will be able to play games online with the new improved service. The promised “Welcome Back” deal will also be available to the people when the service returns. The only thing that might not be enabled from the PlayStation Store is the wallet feature, but that’s not big deal because you will have plenty of free content to download while they work to fully restore the PlayStation Network.

I am willing to put my money where my mouth is and bet that the service will return tomorrow, or by Saturday at the latest. So, have hope and get ready for a weekend of gaming like never before

Im Hearing 6:30 EST if not then they will announce it via twitter or us.playstation.com
Last edited by Batrush ; 05-14-2011 at 05:53 PM.

The following 25 users say thank you to Batrush for this useful post:

-O-Z-Z-A-8-8-, *BLizZOnE*, ||||||||||||, Midnight.eGo, boston2003, Bubbles., cacher, Chaosfire, courtjester51, JewC, lildeg8, Markie-, Mr.Alfredo, NeglectFate, Night Wolf, ninja12, oX-matto-Xo, Pr0diigy, Pro Era, Relevant Is God, Swade, Thrashher, THUR_, Wfloydboy16, zIoN-

The following user groaned Batrush for this awful post:

Gloxin
05-13-2011, 09:15 PM #38
PlayDude77
Gym leader
Damn, this is awesome news! Happy

Let's hope it's true, i'm sooo excited. lool
05-13-2011, 09:46 PM #39
ANTI-ONYX
Can’t trickshot me!
I am sick and tired of hearing of false release dates of the new PSN already... I dont care if the update comes from sony or not... Today is day 23 of the outage, people let's move on and get over it.

We have been hearing of these false dates of the new re-re-release for 3 weeks now. Quiet frankly it's getting old. Our expectations are too high of sony. Haven't we suffered enough? Why punish ourselves even more guys with all these FALSE HOPES???

I love my PS3 and I do miss playing online... BUT I will not get myself worked up about this anymore. As for me I'm not a big single player guy, nothing wrong with it... do that or watch some blurays or netflix on your PS3.

DO NOT BE DISMAYED or DEFEATED by sony's lack of professionalism and total incompetence.... STAY STRONG my FELLOW PS3ers & NGUsers. Brighter days ahead. Awesome face

LET'S ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER and KEEP OUR HEADS UP HIGH....
05-13-2011, 09:49 PM #40
Let's be realistic...
Last edited by Rip The Jacker ; 05-13-2011 at 09:51 PM.
05-13-2011, 09:50 PM #41
Finally a descent thread about when the service might be back! I believe and like your theory! Smile
05-14-2011, 01:38 AM #42
Wo05H
Haxor!
I will believe it when I see it. I was let down a couple of times and as much as I want to believe this, I cannot. Not yet anyway. Only time will tell.

The following user thanked Wo05H for this useful post:

SweetBunny
05-14-2011, 02:03 AM #43
TheManDavid
Your mother!
I hope its up
05-14-2011, 02:49 AM #44
I dont believe it either no good setting yourselves up for disappointment.
05-14-2011, 02:56 AM #45
Jamesssz
Save Point
Cant really trust Sony right now. No
05-14-2011, 02:59 AM #46
gamekilla
★☆NGU Member☆★
to be honest i dont see it coming back up tomorrow

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo