12-27-2011, 11:54 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i have a phat ps3 60gb backwards compatible one of the first that came out an it has a bad drive

if i have a ps3 slim drive can i put it in my phat an if so will the backwards still work

i appreciate any help thanks for looking
12-28-2011, 09:27 AM #2
BigTig000
Chinese Buffet
No. I think even if you find out thats from a 60gb fat ps3 it would still need married/remarried to the ps3. And so far to my knowledge you can only do that if your running firmware under 3.55 because you have to downgrade it to like 2.31 firmware or something. Theres a process if yiu google it i have the link but it's on my phone and its dead.
12-29-2011, 10:01 PM #3
nope it only only work if u got another 60 gb blueray player wont work and ur files will lock up even demos
12-29-2011, 10:15 PM #4
Legend_Armour_
LEGENDARY ASSASSIN
Originally posted by BigTig000 View Post
No. I think even if you find out thats from a 60gb fat ps3 it would still need married/remarried to the ps3. And so far to my knowledge you can only do that if your running firmware under 3.55 because you have to downgrade it to like 2.31 firmware or something. Theres a process if yiu google it i have the link but it's on my phone and its dead.

This is only correct if the logic board is broken, this will not need to be done if it is just a crapped out laser,

Originally posted by Charmander View Post
nope it only only work if u got another 60 gb blueray player wont work and ur files will lock up even demos

The same as above this is half correct you will need a blu-ray drive from the same model ps3 or one that uses the same drive, although if the logic board is still working not having the laser would not "lock up demo's etc". It just means disks wont play but demos will still play fine along with any games downloaded from the psn store.

Originally posted by krazydude4g View Post
i have a phat ps3 60gb backwards compatible one of the first that came out an it has a bad drive

if i have a ps3 slim drive can i put it in my phat an if so will the backwards still work

i appreciate any help thanks for looking

Like i said above you will only be able to replace the drive with one of the same model or one that uses the same as the one your removing, the backwards compatibility will remain as that has nothing to do with the blu-ray drive, that is controlled by a chip on the mobo.

Source...
Myself as a games console repairer
12-30-2011, 02:14 AM #5
thanks everone the laser is fine its just the drive dont eject or take games its out of aslignment so i just took the ps3 apart to copy my games to the hdd

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo