08-09-2008, 12:19 AM #1
beane13
Splicer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); my ps3's blu ray drive broke so i have to send it in to sony but i want to know if there are any alternatives to this because i really don't want to have to wait to get a new one, that will probably brake like the 1st ps3.

I don't exactly have the box to send the ps3 back in and i want to know if this is a problem, i tried to keep it but my mom threw it away:(.
08-09-2008, 09:40 PM #11
beane13
Splicer
Originally posted by xsHoEx View Post
If your still under a year warranty, sony will fix it for FREE. Taking it to gamestop or where ever will cost a bit.
Tell them it's broken, and your under warranty, they'll ship you a box, and you ship it back, for FREE, and when there done you'll either get it back FIXED (as they say) or a refurbished one.

how do i show them proof it is under warranty
08-09-2008, 10:26 PM #12
xsHoEx
Hurah!
include a receipt or bank statement when you ship it.
if they deny it you'll have to pay for it
08-09-2008, 11:17 PM #13
drunkenrepublicn
NGU Retired Staff
this happened allot when the ps3 first came out-the machine would overheat and screw up the blue ray-it just happened to a buddies last month-he sent it into sony and has yet to get it back-but the good news is they are fixing it and the shipping are all free-the bad this is it happened in the first place.
I feel you pain-but just keep in mind the ps3 is still better than the box, LOL
08-09-2008, 11:28 PM #14
beane13
Splicer
Originally posted by drunkenrepublicn View Post
this happened allot when the ps3 first came out-the machine would overheat and screw up the blue ray-it just happened to a buddies last month-he sent it into sony and has yet to get it back-but the good news is they are fixing it and the shipping are all free-the bad this is it happened in the first place.
I feel you pain-but just keep in mind the ps3 is still better than the box, LOL

true lol and hopefully my fixed or new ps3 will be better
08-10-2008, 02:02 AM #15
iamtheman
is just the man!
Originally posted by beane13 View Post
my ps3's blu ray drive broke so i have to send it in to sony but i want to know if there are any alternatives to this because i really don't want to have to wait to get a new one, that will probably brake like the 1st ps3.

I don't exactly have the box to send the ps3 back in and i want to know if this is a problem, i tried to keep it but my mom threw it away:(.

This happened to my brother. He said it was 500 to get it fixed =/

From sony (60 gb)
08-10-2008, 07:36 AM #16
xD3-
Hurah!
mines doing that until i work up some money i let it freeze

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo