Hacker Finds Way to Play BluRay games from HDD

Originally posted by another user
The video shows:

- Warhawk running from HDD

- no PKG version

- no WH disc while WH is running

- Motorstorm running as proxy disc

- legal way

I wont explain the details here till the project is finished 100%, also cuz many devs want to take a look at first and not get it patched that fast. I can say that if all will work like I want it to you'll need:

- "special" game dump of the game you want to play from HDD

- one (any) original bd game

- 2x minimum 60GB HDD's (illegal way - it worx but its not allowed in most countrys - its working like a packed game on psp memory stick)

OR

-1 60GB HDD + original disc (legal way - no need to be inserted while playing)

Im using newest firmware PAL 60GB SKU. 3 games tested yet - working.
Games which should be possible from the knowledge i got yet:

- Warhawk
- Motorstorm
- Resistance
- GT5
- COD3

I cant check more atm, as I dont have else here. The final way will be a bit different than the video shows. Even there are 2 different ways then to do it, thats because there are 2 different groups of games. One can be done with 1 HDD but then you need the original disk of the game.

i dont support piracy, this is just to safe your disks

THIS IS JUST A PROOF OF CONCEPT - NOT A FINISHED PROJECT!!!

if video doesnt work as stream just download it:

You must login or register to view this content.

better quality vid will come when i get new hdd + repaired hdtv

I hope you see theres no hidden PKG (game list is shown), no hidden disk (i insert motorstorm). At the end of the video i just wanted to show its no test unit --> watch the settings.

Sorry for bad TV quality, my HDTV just exploded and i need to use SDTV for 2 weeks now

if there are any questions, you can ask but i dont say ill answer all.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGMHCbZKQ98]YouTube - PS3 BluRay Game Running from HDD[/ame]

Originally posted by another user
StreetskaterFU has found a method to run BluRay games from the PS3 HDD. Now before everyone gets excited and yells "ISO LOADER", this method only works with older gamers (with older update codes). The games currently confirmed to be working this method are Warhawk, MotorStorm, RFOM, GT5, COD3.

There are two methods to do this, the legal and non legal way. The legal way requires (The legal way requiring the original disc, the non legal requires the game dump and any PS3 bluray game but two same size HDD's).

The video below demonstrates the non-PKG version of Warhawk being ran with Motostorm being "the proxy disc".
08-15-2008, 07:27 PM #2
beane13
Splicer
thats crazy i wish i could do that
08-15-2008, 07:32 PM #3
lol thats nuts...that constant clicking was really annoying though...
08-15-2008, 07:42 PM #4
Now thats freaking leet.
08-15-2008, 07:44 PM #5
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
thats insane!, i hope the "how to" is released soon

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo