10-20-2009, 02:12 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
This has probably been posted before But im collecting all the evidence and reviewing it. It has been Rumoured that Grand theft Auto 5 is going too be a PS3 exclusive. Yeah I know GTA: IV was also rumoured too be a PS3 exclusive But heres why it may not have been.

• In a recent 2009 interview Sam Houser (Co-Founder) of Rockstar revealed that they were only just getting "Comfortable" coding for the PS3 but had not "Cracked it yet"
  • The Economy was in a Mess so they may have took the option too Make more money. And you may be thinking they have plenty of money but It would help if a Rockstar Sub Company.i.e Rockstar Leeds (My Hometown) created a game that flopped They could help them Financially
  • Also its been rumoured GTA:IV was just a template. As it was the first Next Gen Gta the Rockstar Team had worked on.
  • Or it could have been the sheer fact Dan Houser is a Xbox 360 Fanboy.

Its cant be Sam who's the Xbox Fanboy as in this Interview it seems he Like the PS3. And as I said earlier it could have been their intention to make GTA:IV a PS3 exclusive but they didn't realise they coding was so difficult so decided too get a few more years experience with the Console.

[WS]<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/G-O8XZHvvZI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/G-O8XZHvvZI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>[/WS]

You get the impression he Likes the PS3 and is grateful too Sony for creating this Powerhouse - But this interview was back in 2005 He wont have realised back then How difficult it was Creating games for the PS3.

In another recent Interview Houser has Said Xbox 360 is not going to be able too hold GTA:V on a standard disc. "If we're filling up the disc right now, where are we going? It's not like our games are going to get any smaller." All the Data for GTA IV on Xbox 360 had too be compressed as it wouldn't fit on the disc uncompressed.
Also the 360 doesn't come with a HDD as 'standard'.

Take this into Account a disc can hold for:-

Xbox 360 = 9GB

PS3= 25GB (single Layer) 50GB (Dual Layer) - Pioneer have developed a 400GB disc and are Working on a 1TB disc (Terabyte) !!

It has also been Rumoured that a Sony representative has handed Rockstar a Signed Blank Cheque For the Exclusivity of GTA:V.- (Rockstar can Write a sum of Money) - Although I believe thats BS too be Honest. :p

Well taking everthing into Account

• GTA:V not fitting on Xbox 360 discs.
  • Rockstar now becoming more 'comfortable' with blu-ray and the PS3.
  • and the Fact Sam & Dan love too create great games In which Ps3 is the Only way. :p
  • Also the fact Sam seems too like the PS3 console and see's the potential of what it can do.

I think we may be seeing. GTA:V a PS3 exclusive in 2010 or 2011 unless Microsoft create a New console by then. Otherwise I think Rockstar will Give the Job of creating DLC for GTA:IVon XBOX to a Sub Company. While PS3 users will be playing GTA:IV. Imean cmon they've got enough money now it about time we see the full potential of the GTA series instead of being held back by Inferior 360.

Well you've seen the facts What do you think? And I will be updating this as more info is released .
[/CENTER][/B]

REP or Thank.
Last edited by Pro-Green ; 10-20-2009 at 02:41 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Pro-Green for this useful post:

born2destroy, Doctor Stan, MBO, Naz, u|K Frank
10-20-2009, 02:49 PM #2
good post mate. I am hoping this is an exclusive as i agree we are getting held back with out games because of the second generation console xbox 360. Most games that could be bigger and better wont be because of the xbox.We can see what the ps3 can do i.e uncharted 2 graphics and 256 player MAG. The xbox is holding the gaming world back.

The following user thanked born2destroy for this useful post:

Pro-Green
10-20-2009, 03:06 PM #3
Technicz
Bounty hunter
GTA 5 will never be exclusive or any GTA main games, because think of all the money they would lose, the expansion packs there okay because they still make loads of money on teh xbox and microsoft paid them for the rights. but never will they allow them to just limit the game to them
10-20-2009, 03:14 PM #4
Originally posted by Technicz View Post
GTA 5 will never be exclusive or any GTA main games, because think of all the money they would lose, the expansion packs there okay because they still make loads of money on teh xbox and microsoft paid them for the rights. but never will they allow them to just limit the game to them

what will happen then if ps3 pay for rockstar to be an exclusive. The game cant fit on xbox disks what xbox going to do theres no way round it. They wont just stop creating games or making them smaller just for xbox. xbox are holding back ps3 gaming ability
10-20-2009, 03:16 PM #5
Originally posted by Technicz View Post

Sam and Dan Are richer Than God :p (joke) But seriously them guys are rolling in it and with the PS3 Slim Sony are selling a lot more system and I think by 2010 or 11 - The PS3 will be on the same level or maybe have even surpassed the Xbox 360. So no by 2011 they aren't going too be losing out on much also GTA is a System Seller so Rockstar will definatley make a profit maybe not as big as if it were a Multiplatform title but they will make a profit nonthelss.They are games designers too the Bone and I think all they want to do is create an amazing game which they Cant do with 360 Holding them Back. Smile
10-20-2009, 05:28 PM #6
Carboy93
Maggbot timeout!
yea if it is true it will be the best gta in a long time because they will use 100% of the ps3 power !!!
10-21-2009, 05:25 PM #7
u|K Frank
Climbing up the ladder
So its confirmed GTA 5 is coming out?
10-21-2009, 05:49 PM #8
Originally posted by xFrank
So its confirmed GTA 5 is coming out?

The Grand Theft Auto Franchise will never end
Happy
10-26-2009, 07:15 PM #9
Viper_-07
Do a barrel roll!
If it does turn out to be an exclusive that would boost ps3 sales up a lot, a lot of people really like that game, and if its only on the ps3 then its probably going to be really good, thus making people want a ps3 to play it.
10-29-2009, 04:21 AM #10
xXviciousbumXx
At least I can fight
If it is exclusive this would be one of the few games that sony has actually bought the rights for that are a WOW! game. littlebigplanet was good though and i cant wait for gow 3.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo