Post: DualShock 4 controller now works wirelessly with PS3
07-02-2014, 12:41 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Following the recent 4.60 update for PlayStation 3, it is now possible to get your PS4 DualShock 4 controller working wirelessly with the console.

To use the DualShock 4 wirelessly, you will first need to register it as a Bluetooth device. To do this go to Accessory Settings and Manage Bluetooth Devices on your PS3, scan for Bluetooth devices, and then press the Share and PS buttons on your DualShock 4, the controller will then be recognized as a “wireless controller.”

The controller won’t be recognized as a DualShock 4 however, so rumble, motion control, and the touchpad will all be disabled.

The following 2 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Bounkass, cRaCk_
07-31-2014, 08:47 AM #11
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
So now they need to push an update that will let you sync with a USB cable instead of paring a BT device, as well as getting rumble, motion, etc to work.

The touch pad is a bit of a stretch. I don't see why, or even how, it would work with a PS3. I aint EVER used it on my PS4 since launch.
08-07-2014, 05:32 PM #12
wait so if you connect it as a bluetooth device, will putting headphones in the controller work and will you get to talk to people :0
08-08-2014, 07:22 AM #13
Best Mate
Dark Knight
Originally posted by Alt View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Following the recent 4.60 update for PlayStation 3, it is now possible to get your PS4 DualShock 4 controller working wirelessly with the console.

To use the DualShock 4 wirelessly, you will first need to register it as a Bluetooth device. To do this go to Accessory Settings and Manage Bluetooth Devices on your PS3, scan for Bluetooth devices, and then press the Share and PS buttons on your DualShock 4, the controller will then be recognized as a “wireless controller.”

The controller won’t be recognized as a DualShock 4 however, so rumble, motion control, and the touchpad will all be disabled.

Can't get this to work :/
08-15-2014, 03:40 PM #14
Gagliardi
Maggbot timeout!
After all, it works or does not work on the PS3 ????
If it works I'll buy one today ....

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo